New here with a question

Forum: Children's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2007, 01:58 PM
BabyDi's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi everyone! I have a question for you. My daughter has had an obvious head tilt since birth. She is now 7 months old and I FINALLY got the dr. to give me a referral. My question is, it seems to be getting better. and some days she seems to hold her head pretty straight and I feel there is no longer a need to call the physical therapist for the tests but then the next day she will be leaning her head to the side again. I have pictures I can upload for you guys later today. But i just wanted to ask, if she doesnt do the tilt all the time is it still considered tort? Thanks in advanced

October 17th, 2007, 02:13 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Yes, it's still tort even if it comes and goes. Even in babies who are treated right from the start, it can still come back up to 3 years during growth spurts. For those who are born with tort, the muscles on one side could not only be tighter, but they could even be just a bit shorter due to womb restriction. I'd go ahead with the therapy if I were you. Keep an eye on it for a couple of years even after therapy is completed. You can always go back and do the same stretching exercises later during growth spurts.
October 17th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Go, Go! Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 17th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the replies...but now i have another question. So im looking over all her pictures to find some to post to show you ladies her "lean" as we call it. and im noticing that its not always to the same side!? What a bad mom I am, I didnt even realize. This is so weird. I have pictures of examples....and when she does lean, its not liek she just does that for a few min. Its the whole day or days that she continues to tilt her head to that side and even if i try to stretch it out she continues to tilt it. Im thinking maybe its just something she does when shes tired or something? I really have no idea. and its not just me, my parents have commented. They started calling her the Leaning Baby of *our city's name*. And i have had online friends say "oh its so cute how she always tilts her head for the camera" Anyone know whats going on?

youngest to oldest-

hard to see but-

October 17th, 2007, 08:27 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Until recently, I would've thought you were crazy, but you're not. It really IS possible for tort to switch sides. Some of the moms in a support group I'm in have mentioned it. I don't know the details though. A therapist will be able to explain it though.
October 17th, 2007, 08:32 PM
ok thank you! Trust me, I felt crazy LOL! Ill make an appt tomorrow and keep you updated!

October 18th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Reminds me of Edward, you're NOT crazy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search