new here

Forum: Children's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Super Mommy
Hi there, I just found out about this board from 'wannabesupermom' and I am so excited to see that there is such a board.

My name is Lucy and my son Kevin is 8 years old and was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes on September 7th of this year. It's been a very rough month and we are learning alot as we go along. He is taking it like a champ and it's truly amazing how resilient kids can be.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and learning alot more!!

thanks
October 14th, 2005, 05:52 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Yeah!!! Glad you found us over here. The first few months are probably the most difficult. I will bombard you with questions later, but first off wanted to post a welcome. My son was diagnosed when he was 6. He is almost 13 now. It is still difficult for us even now, but we do know a lot more than we did then.

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
October 14th, 2005, 06:12 PM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Hello and welcome. Also congrats on your pregnancy!!
I was diagnosed with type 1 at age 2. I am now 25. I wish you luck I know it can be difficult at times but we are here for you!

October 14th, 2005, 07:15 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello! Glad you found us! My Elijah was diagnosed at age 5 he turns 7 this November. Just hang in there and come here ANYTIME! Take it one issue at a time and don't worry about long term or even an hour from now. Just care for the issues that come up and soon you will be an old pro at this! HUGS!!!

October 17th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Veteran
I just read your post about your new diagnose & my heart feels for you & what you area going thru. My ds (9) was diagnosed this past June. We have had the summer to come to grips w/ everything. I can tell you as I have been there too, embrace your diagnosis head on..you are the winners & not diabetes...keep reassuring your ds the love you have for him & you as a family will pull together & get thru this. I can't tell you how many times I have shared that w/ my ds.

It is amazing about children & how resilient they are. My ds has taken his diagnosis waaay better than I would & could have ever imagined. He is a champ, he very rarely complains. You will have bas days trust me..i still do... but keep your faith & strentgh will come over you. Trust me things will get better. I know it feels like MAJOR information overload. The hospital in the beginning told me that all these #'s are trial & error. I didn't like the fact of trial & erroring w/ my child & made that clear to them...Try "learning curve" it has worked for me. My dh & I have made some mistakes along the way since June..don't beat yourself up over it.. I know it's hard... I promise it will get better.

I really wish you well & glad that you have come to this forum. I have been here only a short time & the moms are great...they have helped me a whole bunch. I thank them too.

Keep us posted, love to hear how things are coming along for you.

Keep your head up & a on your face
lisa

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search