Our Children's Health QOTD

Forum: Children's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2005, 04:09 PM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am going to try my hardest to post a QOTD relevant to our board a couple of times a week, if I start slacking- feel free to YELL at me

Now that trick or treating is over, what do you do with all of that candy????

Do you let your kids eat it all? Do you eat it? I'd like to hear what you do, or some of your ideas on the subject.

</div>
November 1st, 2005, 04:12 PM
We put everyone's candy in one big popcorn bowl (everyone shares- but thankfully my kids don't trick or treat, but get candy at our party- so it's not COMPLETELY over load- just a little, lol), and the kids can have 1 candy each day. So far they have actually gotten bored with it after a week or so and we end up throwing it away (after I pick out the Reese's Peanut Butter cups of course).

When I was a kid, my parents used to "buy" the candy from my brother and me. We would get a nickel for every regular piece of candy. A quarter for the mini candy bars, and if someone gave us a full sized candy bar (we'd go to the rich neighborhoods, lol) we'd get a dollar. I may try this with our kids next year.

</div>
November 1st, 2005, 05:55 PM
Crystal_n_Andrew's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal_n_Andrew
Wow that sounds like a great idea.. Andrew is only one so I have to pick through it. I dont eat a lot of candy so it will go to my lil cousins. Make the bounce off the walls when they come over and send them home as I know my aunts will be doing htat to me soon. lol

November 1st, 2005, 06:02 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
I HATE Halloween! Not cause of religous reasons or thinking its evil or anything because of all the dang candy! My oldest son has diabetes. You have no idea how much trouble that much candy can be in our house. Usually I let my kids make a mess with it. Is that sad? I let them dump it on the floor so I have an excuse to throw it away. Oops, the dog licked that one..... Anyhow, we toss a bunch when they aren't looking. I do let them have it for a few days, but then I try and make it disappear.

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
November 1st, 2005, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by wannabesupermom@Nov 1 2005, 07:02 PM
I HATE Halloween!* Not cause of religous reasons or thinking its evil or anything because of all the dang candy!* My oldest son has diabetes.* You have no idea how much trouble that much candy can be in our house.* Usually I let my kids make a mess with it.* Is that sad?* I let them dump it on the floor so I have an excuse to throw it away.* Oops, the dog licked that one..... Anyhow, we toss a bunch when they aren't looking.* I do let them have it for a few days, but then I try and make it disappear.

Teresa
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

I can understand that being hard.
Madison is allergic to chocolate- but she is so far very good about not eating it, even when everyone else is. We'll see how long that lasts

</div>
November 1st, 2005, 06:42 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
This is the first year that I've not had a load of candy in my house and I'm so excited. All we had was a handfull of leftover give away candy. What we usually did was dump it in a big bowl (or bowls) and eat on it for a few weeks. I was always luck that Sarah's birthday is 10 days after halloween, so I'd use the leftovers for the party.
November 1st, 2005, 06:56 PM
[quote]
This is the first year that I've not had a load of candy in my house and I'm so excited. All we had was a handfull of leftover give away candy. What we usually did was dump it in a big bowl (or bowls) and eat on it for a few weeks. I was always luck that Sarah's birthday is 10 days after halloween, so I'd use the leftovers for the party.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[/quote

Oh that IS lucky!!!!

</div>
November 2nd, 2005, 10:54 AM
**Mary**'s Avatar mom to Tabby,Kk,Emi & Jay
Send a message via AIM to **Mary** Send a message via Yahoo to **Mary**
we usually keep it in the kitchen where they can't reach it and after they eat supper each day we usually let them have a few pieces not a lot and me and my husband eat a lot of it too.

Mary
mom to: Tabitha 9,Katelyn 7,Emily 5,Jay 2 and Natalie Marie (5.31)

November 4th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
growing up, my brotherand i were NOT willing to share, so he had his bowl and i had mine, we'd each go through it, make a few trades, give our parents the 'yucky stuff' and keep it were we can reach (as long as we didnt abuse it..) well both of us always had candy left at xmas.. which is when we threw it out.. WE DID ALL THE WALKING IT WAS OURS!!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search