Choroid Plexus Cyst

Forum: Children's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2005, 06:14 PM
Crystal_n_Andrew's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal_n_Andrew
Okay so I have done a lot of homework on this, the cyst just represents other problems. The cysts do not represent any harm. Okay well I had the high tec u/s done and they said the cysts are gone. What my biggest thing is they offered to do the amino test. I dont think its worth it but I would like to know what the chances are of my baby having Edwards syndrome or Down syndrome. I dont want to find out when I go to deliver that he will die in a few days from edwards syndrome and the whole time I was thinking he was just fine. I try not to think about this very often because the Dr at the special u/s said that it all looked okay, he also said that there was a possibility there Braydin could still have problems. I am scaared and I have not talked to anyone about this since the u/s as it still hurts to think about. I cant find anything about the percentage that even though the cysts are gone if he will have problems.. I really dont want to do the amino because 1/250 results in miscarriage and I dont want that to happen to my little boy.. Do you know of the odds. Have you heard anything about this cyst.

November 1st, 2005, 08:54 PM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
During the u/s did they see any other markers like close fists (not opening), anomolies on the heart, face, or brain (aside from the cyst)? Normally if there are other markers such as these, Dr's will suspect Trisomy 18 (Edwards Syndrome). If there are no other factors the risk of a chromosomal abnormaility is 1/250. Also, females are more likely to be affected by Trisomy 18 than boys. During u/s they can look for other physical markers like smaller head growth, wide set eyes, and heart defect. If they only saw the cysts and nothing else, your little man has a good chance of being okay. Please keep us posted (((()))

</div>
November 1st, 2005, 09:34 PM
They said that they didnt see anything but if you look at the u/s pic on my sigy i know it moves fast but to me it looks like a cleft lip, they said it was the way the pic was taken but thats not what it looks like to me... They said they didnt see anything else.. I really hope not. Did you look to see what trisomy 18 was about (Edwards syndrome) 70% of children concieved with it dont make it to birth and 10% of the 30 that do dont make it to their first b-day.. I am going to have a boy. There is no doubt.. I am just so scared still that my lil guy may have problems. I know that I should feel comftorable that he is going to be fine. I am doing all that I can to make sure that he is safe but to know that is so scary.. I can deal with the down syndrome. It'll be hard but I can do it. I dont know how I would make it if I were to loose this baby. Thanks for the info. I didnt know it was more likely in girls than boys. That helps ease the mind a little bit more. He didnt have webbed feet or anything else that I seen. So I hope I am just being paranoid.. Thanks again
Crystal

Here I posted a pic of him so that you can look and tell me what it looks like to you.

November 2nd, 2005, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Crystal_n_Andrew@Nov 1 2005, 10:34 PM
They said that they didnt see anything but if you look at the u/s pic on my sigy i know it moves fast but to me it looks like a cleft lip, they said it was the way the pic was taken but thats not what it looks like to me... They said they didnt see anything else.. I really hope not. Did you look to see what trisomy 18 was about (Edwards syndrome) 70% of children concieved with it dont make it to birth and 10% of the 30 that do dont make it to their first b-day.. I am going to have a boy. There is no doubt.. I am just so scared still that my lil guy may have problems. I know that I should feel comftorable that he is going to be fine. I am doing all that I can to make sure that he is safe but to know that is so scary.. I can deal with the down syndrome. It'll be hard but I can do it. I dont know how I would make it if I were to loose this baby.* Thanks for the info. I didnt know it was more likely in girls than boys. That helps ease the mind a little bit more. He didnt have webbed feet or anything else that I seen. So I hope I am just being paranoid.. Thanks again
Crystal

Here I posted a pic of him so that you can look and tell me what it looks like to you.

<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

I know it's not realistic to not be worried. Everyone worries even in typical pregnancies. I was so afraid that I was going to have another preemie (w/ my last pregnancy) and have to deal with more disabilities and health problems than I am now with my daughter- or worse! I've also lost a child in my 2nd trimester due to Trisomy 18. It's impossible not to worry. However, you can change the energy you use when you worry into something positive. Worrying will not change a single thing except give your baby the stress hormones you are using. I see your son's u/s and I understand your fear when you see the small dimple-like shape on his top lip- but I agree that it's the way the pic was taken. A cleft lip would show up as a dark black spot there. Also during these u/s (I assume you had a biophysical profile) they are looking closely for such anomolies as a cleft lip, heart deformity, etc. If there was nothing found, his chances are good. You of course won't know positively until he is born- so just prepare yourself for the possibility. Make an appointment with your OB or Perinatologist to discuss these things. (S)he will be able to give you information, and tell you what they think. If they think that everything is fine, then ask her/him to convince you with thier knowledge about it- and why they think everything is okay. I would recommend a conversation like that either way. (((((hugs))))))) Like I said, we are here to support you!

</div>
November 2nd, 2005, 11:10 AM
Thank you for the advie and I am sorry if I brought up memories and I am sorry you lost a child.. I do appreciate the advice though..

November 2nd, 2005, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Crystal_n_Andrew@Nov 2 2005, 12:10 PM
Thank you for the advie and I am sorry if I brought up memories and I am sorry you lost a child.. I do appreciate the advice though..
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

You're welcome
Don't be sorry, I hope to be able to help through my experiences. You didn't bring up memories- they are always there.

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search