I hate being the wicked witch!

Forum: Children's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2005, 10:23 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Back to the same old same old here. It looks like I am going to have to be the food police and do all of Austin's care until he moves out and then some. His numbers are back in the 500s AGAIN! This was so much easier when he was little. He didn't fight with me. He didn't eat 20 pieces of candy and enter 40 carbs and not check his blood sugar. He KNOWS how to count carbs. He KNOWS how to do all of this. He just doesn't believe me that something bad will happen. He has never been really sick, no comas, nothing like some of you others have been through. I hate it. I hate this disease! It puts such a strain on our relationship. I am tired of being the big meany mom!

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
November 3rd, 2005, 06:17 PM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Sorry to hear that. I am sure he will EVENTUALLY realize how important it is to watch what he eats and to count his carbs.

November 3rd, 2005, 06:17 PM
Super Mommy
oh hun, I am sorry this disease is so hard to deal with and I hope that Austin sees the consequences that surround him... however it's so hard for them to understand b/c they are not like all the other kids and it sets them apart. It's not fair. You are a wonderful mother and you are doing what's best for him, even if it means that he has to be a little upset with you. Hang in there hun! We are all here for you!
November 4th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Hi Teresa,

This is why you do it, and why you will continue to do it. Diabetes Long Term Health Risks
We are all here for you. Some of us are praying for you, some of us are cheering for you, and some of us are probably glad it's not us. Austin is luckier than he will ever know that you are his mother. Stay all over him. God bless you,

kari's dad
November 7th, 2005, 06:11 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can I say what he said? LOL!

Hugs my sweet friend...you aren't mean. Your his mum and one day he will GET it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search