Kelsey's 21 Day Fix Journey (Updated post 6)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Progress Pictures LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2014, 02:43 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I decided to try something new with my workout/diet back in February. I ordered Beachbody's new 21 Day Fix program. I started the program on March 17th and ended my 1st round on April 6th. Wanted to post how my first round went and will update once I finish my 2nd round (which I started on April 7th)

Beginning Stats...
Weight: 136.8
Right Arm: 10.75
Left Arm: 10.75
Bust: 34
Waist 31
Hips: 38.5
Right Thigh: 20
Left Thigh: 20
Right Calf: 14
Left Calf: 14
Total Inches: 193
Body Fat: 21.54

Ending Stats:
Weight: 136.8
Right Arm: 10.5
Left Arm: 10.5
Waist 30.75
Hips: 38
Total Inches: 191.75
Total Inches Lost: 1.25 inches
Body Fat: 20.25
Body Fat Lost: 1.29

So my weight is the same as it was when I started. It did drop the end of the 1st week, so thinking that the gain is probably from increased muscle. Happy that I lost some from my waist and hips.

Some non-scale victories I've notice...Changing my diet definitely effected my energy levels! I have A LOT more energy than I did when I started!! I can tell that my face and neck have firmed up and can see a definite difference in my stomach. I also feel a lot stronger and my flexibility has increased dramatically! When I started I couldn't touch my toes when sitting with my legs straight in front of me. Now I can almost put the palms of my hands on the bottom of my feet! Not quite where I want to be, but definitely closer! A little at a time, right.

Hard to see the differences, but here are my before and after pictures:

Didn't do this pose when I took my "Before" pictures, so nothing to compare it to.

(Anyone else think I need to go see my chiropractor for an alignment? LOL!)

My plan for Round 2 of the 21 Day Fix is to do the doubles schedule. Weeks 1 and 2 I will be doing 2 30 minute routines at different times of the day on Wednesdays (Legs) and Thursdays (Abs/Core). Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays will be 1 30 minute routine in the morning and try to get in the 10 minute abs routine in the evenings. Sundays will remain just the 30 minute Yoga routine. Week 3 will be 2 30 minute routines at different times of the day Monday-Saturday and Sunday will remain just the 30 minute Yoga routine.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

Last edited by babyloves2dance; April 28th, 2014 at 02:48 PM.
April 11th, 2014, 11:57 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just curious did you like the 21 day fix workouts? Would you say they were hard? I thought about getting them. Looks like you had some great results doing them.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 11th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Ninky's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I definitely see a difference in your stomach area!

April 12th, 2014, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaw View Post
Just curious did you like the 21 day fix workouts? Would you say they were hard? I thought about getting them. Looks like you had some great results doing them.
I LOVE the 21 Day Fix workouts! I love the variety in the workouts - each one is different and works you in different ways. The only workout I haven't tried is the Plyo workout (was the bonus dvd that came with my challenge pack). I've heard it is really hard. I think it is hard to judge how hard/easy the workouts are as it's more how hard you make the exercises. She's always got a modifier showing how to make the exercises easier and is great about showing how you can make some of the exercises harder too. (Most of the time it is as simple as upping your weights, sinking lower into a squat, lowering your legs closer to the ground, or making movements bigger) For me, even after 4 weeks, I'm still having to modify some of the exercises, but I am getting better at them. I definitely feel like I'm getting a workout in that 30 minutes too. Nice thing about getting them through Beachbody is their 30 day guarantee - You could do the whole 21 days and if you didn't like it or your results you could return it.

April 14th, 2014, 05:55 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
wow you can totally see a difference!! that is awesome!!! you look great!

Kristy, wife to Karl 6.16.01, Mom to Raianna 12.7.00, Elyse 12.3.02 and Helena 7.20.07, step-mom to Frankie 7.3.97 and step-grandma to October 3.9.15

April 28th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Yesterday was my last day of round 2 of 21 Day Fix! Here is my update on how I am doing with this program!

End of Round 2 Stats:
Weight: 137.2
Right Arm: 10.5
Left Arm: 10.5
Waist 30
Hips: 38
Total Inches: 191
Total Inches Lost: 2 inches
Body Fat: 19.73
Body Fat Lost: 1.81

Here are my comparison pics. I still have a really hard time seeing the changes in the pictures, but can definitely tell in real life.

May 21st, 2014, 11:40 AM
So round 3 was a total bust! I was sick for the first 2 weeks of it...couldn't breathe and just didn't have the energy to do it. So just scrapped those plans. I tried to at least stick to the meal plan, but that only lasted about 4 days. It's sooooo hard to make yourself eat right when you just want to eat comfort food because you feel like crap. I feel like I'm back to where I started when I started the 21 Day Fix. So I guess I'm starting over...again...on Monday the 26th with Brazil Butt Lift workouts and trying to stay as close as I can to the 21 Day Fix Meal plan. It is going to be a lot tougher now that DD is going to be out of school.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search