Katie's weightloss journey

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Progress Pictures LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2007, 08:45 PM
KatiesGirls
Thanks for stoppin' by! Below you will find the journey of my ever changing figure. In January 2007 I applied to be on the Biggest Loser and after making it a few steps into the process and coming just short of going on the show, I knew I needed to do something about my weight (I mean I was almost on a weightloss show for heavens sakes!) Starting in March of '07 I threw all my excuses away and threw myself completely into an active and healthy lifestyle and I dropped almost 100 lbs by November.

We then decided we wanted to try for baby #2 and I was pregnant by Jan '08. The pregnancy was a lot more difficult than I had ever expected, but thankfully it's over, we have another beautiful little girl, and I am back in control of my body again. For me it's all about control. I can use buzz words like 'mindless' or 'emotional' eating, but I know what I am doing when I do it. Sometimes I find myself eating in defiance, if that makes any sense. Weightloss to me is so much more mental than physical, and though I look back on what I accomplished last year and think of how healthy I looked, at the time I still wasn't happy. Some call it a distorted self image, I call it being a woman.

Anyway, so it goes, here I stand after all of that and I gained half of my weight back and I'm getting ready to do it again. I can't say I am not a bit unsure of exactly what kind of road I will meet this time, but I am excited to get my health back and to feel like myself again.

That's my update for now Below you will find my pics starting in March '07 to Nov '07, and then my newest progression starting now, in Nov '08.

Starting weight 251

20 lbs

30 lbs

60 lbs

80 lbs

90 lbs

Cheese

5 weeks pregnant

39 weeks preggies

8 weeks pp

Here we go again
December 10th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Super Mommy
You look amazing! You're so beautiful!!
Way to go!
December 11th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ladyjill
Awesome!! You look great, You just gave me my daily don't give up medicine.. Thanks for sharing!!!
December 11th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
You look amazing!! You are such an inspiration! I can really tell w/ the face shots. Awesome. Do you mind if I add you to my myspace? The name will be hearts Kris hearts And this siggy is my display pic.

December 11th, 2007, 07:11 PM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow that is amazing!!! WTG
You look awesome!!

December 12th, 2007, 05:57 AM
kaceyracey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You look great!!! Thanks for sharing your story it was the motivation that I needed this morning.

December 14th, 2007, 02:56 PM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow you look awesome. Way to go.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

December 20th, 2007, 07:29 PM
SugarNSpice's Avatar VBAC Mommy!!!
Send a message via MSN to SugarNSpice Send a message via Yahoo to SugarNSpice
OMG wow!! You are such an inspiration to me!!!! You look AMAZING!!! You are a gorgeous girl!! WOW I am just so inspired by your progress!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 21st, 2007, 03:17 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Wow! You look awesome! I have been doing something similar. I have kept my calories between 1200 and 1500 as well and trying to exercise regularly, but not quite hitting the 30 minutes a day yet. More like an hour every other day, but I'm trying. It is encouraging for me to hear someone with a similar plan with such great results!

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
December 23rd, 2007, 03:14 AM
KatiesGirls
I believe in you guys!!! With just a little bit of sacrifice and dedication, and a whole lot of heart, we can rule the world!
December 27th, 2007, 01:15 PM
jbc0827
Congratualtions, that is amazing! I am so glad to see that someone real can lose weight. I am at 248 right now and I would love to be down to about 140-150 range. I see that your daughter's first birthday was 3/7/07, my youngest daughter's first birthday was 3/8/07.
December 28th, 2007, 05:29 AM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!! You look amazing!!!

BTW, my son's second birthday was 3/9/07. Yeah for March babies!

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

December 28th, 2007, 08:11 AM
excitedmommy2007's Avatar Conservative in Exile
Wow you look AMAZING!! I don't know how I didn't see this before. Talk about a big lifestyle change and you did it in a healthy way Also wanted to say that I can just tell how much your confidence improved in all the pictures You look SO HAPPY as you start to lose more of the weight.

Thanks for the extra dose of motivation.

January 10th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!

throughout my life i have gained and lost alot of weight.... but have never attempted to lose as much as i am about to lose (my goal is to lose a 100 pounds). seeing your transformation really motivated me!!! thankyou so much for posting ur pics!

if u dont mind me asking how tall are you?? u look pretty tall, because u carried your weight very well.

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left">[/url][/url</MARQUEE>
January 11th, 2008, 02:02 AM
KatiesGirls
HAHAHA! I'm 5'2-5'3!!!

Well I have gained 10 lbs over the holidays and a miscarriage last month that I didn't know how to cope with. But I am feeling strong now and I have begun working out everyday again.

And WE'RE PREGNANT!!! lol
January 11th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ladyjill
You still look great!! Congrats on the pregnancy! My twins were due in September but they were born in August. Congrats again, keep us updated, I'd love to watch your belly grow =)
January 14th, 2008, 07:58 PM
excitedmommy2007's Avatar Conservative in Exile
Congrats on your pregnancy!! And you can definitely come share your belly pics with us, I love to watch all bellies grow!

January 16th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
you look beautiful! and dont let those other skinny girls tell u anything... because u too are a skinny girl now!! except u really desearve to be!

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left">[/url][/url</MARQUEE>
January 26th, 2008, 08:14 AM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You did so well with your weight loss. I'm impressed...My starting weight is about the same and I am only a few inches taller than you. You look great and I bet you will have a very cute baby bump!
January 26th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Gwen's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Gwen Send a message via MSN to Gwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gwen
Wow, what an inspiration you are. You lost the amount I needed to (need about 85 more now lol)
And congrats on the pregnancy! Here's to a happy & healthy 9 mths! And I don't see anything wrong with how your belly looks. All REAL women have stretch marks!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Gwen
Mom to Emily, Chris and Selena

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search