no sunnyside up eggs?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2011, 08:43 AM
aka shawna
my husband just made me breakfast.... scrambled eggs! what a load of poopoo dust! i had my heart or stomach rather, set on sunnyside up eggs, but he said those were on the no-no list! WHAT?!

i'm so gutted! my dog on the other hand is delighted! as he's currently licking my plate clean and wagging his tail at an impressive speed! at least somebodies full and happy! LOL

what are the things you will miss most?

other then my weekend eggs, i will sorely miss red robins bleu cheese burger!
August 28th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Veteran
I have a list from my midwife of "foods to avoid" and sunny side eggs are not specifically there- raw eggs are, however, and I guess sunny side aren't cooked all the way through.. so perhaps that's the same thing. I don't really eat them.

I know I've read soft serve ice cream, deli meat, etc.
Personally, I think of that is personal preference yanno? The chances of listeria are pretty slim. I'm not gonna freak out having an ice cream cone every so often, or a sandwich. But, that's just me.. and my own preferences. I've researched.

I will, however, miss my beer! Sigh.
I like an occasional beer with dinner.
That's about it. I don't eat too many of the foods on the no-no list, anyway.
August 28th, 2011, 11:32 AM
KaiyaRae'sMomma's Avatar Forever missing Kaiya Rae
Yup, no delisous runny yokes for us! Booooo. I will miss them too, but it's all worth it!!!!!

Thank you Alethia for my siggy!

Read my blog: www.grievingmomma.wordpress.com
August 28th, 2011, 11:43 AM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still eat deli meat, but prefer to get it from a sandwich place that I know goes through it quickly. If i buy it from the store, I'll eat it within a couple of days. The chances of getting listeria are super slim, so I try to not worry too much about that sort of thing. Now, my first pregnancy, totally different story! So I definitely understand wanting to be cautious.

I will miss my wine most of all. I'm not much of a drinker in the first place, but I do enjoy some wine here and there. I've got my brother's wedding the end of next month, and I'm a little sad I won't be drinking with the rest of the family.
Oh well, its definitely worth it!

August 28th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't eat much that is on the " no eat" list. So all that I will miss is the ocasional cocktail with my friends.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
August 28th, 2011, 01:41 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
Thankfully my OB says there are things to avoid (unpasturized cheeses, deli meat...) but not to worry if you eat them from safe places that you have always eaten from pre-pregnancy. I will miss my rare steak though!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
August 28th, 2011, 01:57 PM
KaiyaRae'sMomma's Avatar Forever missing Kaiya Rae
The sunnyside up eggs are because they are technically raw. The yoke is raw and raw eggs are a no no. As others said, it is just reccomendations. You can choose to do what you want, but I choose to follow the list and not eat anything that could potentially harm my baby if I can help it. Obviously they wouldn't make the list if there weren't cases where these things have been proven to cause problems. There are too many things that could go wrong that our completely out of our control, so the things I can control I will.

Thank you Alethia for my siggy!

Read my blog: www.grievingmomma.wordpress.com
August 28th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What??? no sunnyside eggs? It's funny you post this, because last couple days i craved for it. I did make myself it

So it's a definite no no?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search