Telling

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2011, 12:53 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I posted this before, but now that we have some new people, I figured I'd post it again!

Who have you told?

When will you tell friends/family?

When will you announce to everyone/anyone?

How do you plan on telling, or how did you tell?

Last edited by KtKuKi; August 28th, 2011 at 01:03 PM.
August 28th, 2011, 01:31 PM
StephL's Avatar Veteran
I am not planning on spilling the beans to most family and friends until weeks 10-12 ish, until we can hear a steady heartbeat and are more 'sure' we are in the clear. When I was pregnant with DD, we were carrying twins and lost one of the babies at week 10 so I am very glad I hadn't spread the word yet - too painful to have to re-explain to most people.

That should put us at roughly Halloween, so DH and I are trying to think of cute ways to incorporate the season with our 'announcement' - maybe paint my (albiet still relatively small at that point in time) belly like a pumpkin and take photos in a pumpkin patch maybe?

Looking forward to hearing every one else's responses!
August 28th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Veteran
I've told parents, inlaws, and best friend/very close friends.
We've decided to tell everyone in a few weeks, maybe? I'm just not good with this secret stuff, and we have no qualms about telling early. I have no idea how we will yet, though.
August 28th, 2011, 02:21 PM
KaiyaRae'sMomma's Avatar Forever missing Kaiya Rae
Who have you told? Just all my JM friends!

When will you tell friends/family? definitely after our first appointment. Probably 11 or 12 weeksish though.

When will you announce to everyone/anyone? After we tell our family and close friends I will post it on FB for the world to see.

How do you plan on telling, or how did you tell? Not sure yet!

Thank you Alethia for my siggy!

Read my blog: www.grievingmomma.wordpress.com
August 28th, 2011, 02:35 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
I can't keep a secret to save my life so we don't wait! I got my BFP today and DH, DD, and my parents already know. My husband will tell his parents and brother tonight or next weekend (depends on his mood).

For DH, I gave the test to my daughter and had her take it to daddy. He looked at it and asked what it meant. I told him it meant he was going to be a daddy again. He was shocked!

For my parents, I took a picture of the tests and emailed them to my mom, while I was at their house. She opened the email, read it, and got ready to ask what that meant when it dawned on her! She told my dad, we're going to be grandparents again. They were quite excited!

As for everyone else, they will get a phone call or find out through facebook or conversations during the next 9 months.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
August 28th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mother and MIL and a few close friends know. We will be telling my FIL this coming weekend. And I'm not sure when I am going to tell everyone else in my family or people on FB. Maybe once I know for sure all is going well. Like hearing the heart beat etc.

Oh and we told the boys already. I wanted to wait until I knew all was well but they kept seeing me so sick and I didn't want them to worry about me.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
August 28th, 2011, 04:47 PM
So far only DH knows and a friend I know IRL from JM. Originally I wanted to wait until 12 weeks to tell anyone besides DH. Not for fear of a m/c, but because last time we told only immediate family and I told them all not to tell anyone because we wanted to wait until I was at least 10 weeks (we told when I was 5 weeks). A couple days after I told my parents, my mom tells me her obnoxious "I do everything better than you" neighbor announced her DIL was pregnant. Of course my mom couldn't stand to let her be the only one with exciting news, so she told her about me. Then a girlfriend of mine found out b/c my dad ran into one of my old teachers, told him, he told his daughter and his daughter told my friend. It was quite frustrating!

So this time I swore I'd wait, even for my parents. However....I'm having quite a hard time with it. I am super close to my mom and see her 4 days a week. I've been lying like crazy about things and I just want to tell her! DH tried to talk me into waiting, but we are going to tell them next Sunday. My sister will be in town so she'll find out too.

We have a "I have a secret" on one side and "I'm going to be a big sister" on the other tshirt for DD, so she'll wear that and we'll see how long it takes everyone to figure it out. We'll tell MIL the same way, although she probably won't catch onto the shirt for a while. I really have no desire to tell MIL, she wanted us to wait 5 YEARS after we got married to have a baby (waited about 6 months!) and then once we were pregnant, she went on and on about how we needed to wait to have another child, because its too hard to love 2 little ones at the same time! So, yeah, no desire to tell her, but DH feels its only fair to tell her after we tell my parents.

Then I'll probably announce it on facebook at about 12 weeks.

August 28th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DH told my MIL when I was not there. We didn't feel she would be on board with us having a third. So I didn't want to be there.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
August 28th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I'd be ok with DH telling his mom without me, but I don't think he'll go for it.

August 28th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Sunshine0918's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We told my parents and his parents at the same time. I took a picture of the test and wrote, "Proof positive you'll be grandparents in May 2012" and framed it. We have told most of our family and close friends. I won't tell at work or on FB for a few more weeks.

Me: 32 DH: 36 DS: 2TTC #2 since May 2013
BFP: 4/19/14 Miscarried at 5 weeks April 2014
7/14: Started with RE. Clomid 100 mg + trigger = BFN and 29mm cyst
8/14: On birth control for cyst
9/14: Femara 5 mg + trigger = BFN
10/15/14: HSG. Possible polyps and blocked tubes. Cycle cancelled for surgery.
11/20/14: Lap and hysteroscopy reveals tubes are clear, no polyps but found endo on uterus and ovaries. Removed.

My chart: My Ovulation Chart
August 28th, 2011, 10:51 PM
aka shawna
my husband is the only one who knows and i'll probably keep it that way until i can use the restroom without always checking the toilet paper. that is, if i can keep my big mouth shut! i already am finding it difficult not to shout from the rooftops!
August 29th, 2011, 02:19 AM
Who have you told? Only mum knows I might be pregnant

When will you tell friends/family? Brother straight away, others probably around Christmas!

When will you announce to everyone/anyone? Same as above

How do you plan on telling, or how did you tell? No clue.
August 29th, 2011, 05:17 AM
NICU Nurse
Quote:
Originally Posted by KtKuKi View Post
We have a "I have a secret" on one side and "I'm going to be a big sister" on the other tshirt for DD, so she'll wear that and we'll see how long it takes everyone to figure it out.
I have that same shirt for my DD for when I had a M/C last month. I hope I can put it to use this time! I'll tell close family once we have a HB, facebook not sure yet probably 12 weeks. Ladies at work figure it out themselves quickly since they know I'm trying and just had a M/C. I also show quickly and bloat like crazy. So far my DH and my mom know (my mom and I are super close and she's good at secrets). Three girls at work asked me already and I can't help from smiling and they figured it out (I work in a NICU as a nurse so hiding it from nurses is hard lol).

August 29th, 2011, 06:39 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
I told DH and my close fried from work because I had to tell someone and shes the only one who doesnt know anyone else in my life so the secret is safe, also she knew last time when I had a m/c.
Ill wait to tell my mom till I feel more secure in it because she will just be all over me like how are you feeling whats going on ect shes a nurse at an obgyn so she will think she has all the answers lol.
I dont know how we will tell maybe if we have an ultrasound before then we can give our parents and siblings pictures from that? Anyone not close to me will just have to figure it out through the grapevine and fb and such.

August 29th, 2011, 06:46 AM
cdukes2010's Avatar Super Mommy
I just got my BFP so I've not said anything really to anyone except the JM ladies! I plan on telling the DH tonight.

Photo by Astra Creative Photography
Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my awesome siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search