insomnia and hot flashes

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2011, 05:50 AM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't sleep AT ALL last night. Not even a minute. This has got to stop!!! I go to my OB today for the first time. Hopefully he can help me figure something out. Maybe benedryl for my allergies and sleep problems. I'm just not sure if I can take it so early in pregnancy. I will ask today.

Also I feel like I am in menopause lol. I keep getting hot flashes then cold chills constantly. It's very uncomfortable. One minute I feel like I am baking in an oven even when it's very cold around me. Then I go to cold chills and have to put on my robe and warm up. I never had this with my other two pregnancies. Very new to me.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
August 29th, 2011, 05:53 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope it gets better soon. I've never heard of insominia during pregnancy. I know I can't seem to stay awake. Hopefully your OB can figure something out. Good Luck. Let us know what he says.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
August 29th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Veteran
I most definitely have the insomnia. It makes no sense because I'm soooo tired, yet when I put my head down I toss and turn.

No hot flashes, though..

Let me know what they say!
August 29th, 2011, 10:15 AM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
I can sympathize with the hot flashes. I am so hot it's not even funny and I live in Arizona where the temps are at least 100 degrees. I can't crank the AC up high enough, then 2 seconds later I'm freezing. Never happy.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
August 29th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Regular
I live in Arizona too! It's so hot here!
August 29th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm in Texas. So we are probably not as hot, but about 106 most days recently.

I totally forgot to bring up the hot flashes. Hopefully it's no biggie. We talked about so much that I just forgot. I was told I can take 25 mg benedryl to help with sleep in the first trimester or the phenergan I was given for nausea will make me sleepy so I can take it at bedtime.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
August 29th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Veteran
Aw good, hopefully you have a better sleep. Did you like your new DR?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search