Finding Out Gender?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2011, 06:44 AM
Veteran
Will you be finding out the gender?
Anyone going to be surprised in the end?
August 31st, 2011, 06:51 AM
Veteran
I am the most anal-retentive person you'll ever meet - I need to plan EVERYTHING perfectly. So, I always thought I'd have to find out the gender. But then I experienced a 3D ultrasound (a relative's) and I thought it was all kinda creepy and grotesque. I didn't like it at all. Plus, there are very few true surprises left in life - so for our first one, at least, we're going to be team green and be surprised until he or she arrives.
August 31st, 2011, 07:30 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will definitely find out. My nursery will have to be finished before baby gets here, plus I will want to buy gender appropriate clothes.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
August 31st, 2011, 08:35 AM
aka shawna
i really think being on the green team would be super exciting. but i'm already looking at baby clothes. there are a couple super cute neutral ones, but very few and far between. however that might save my bank account in the long run. we shall see what happens, but knowing my impatience everyone tells me i dont stand a chance at waiting. (i already blabbed about my pregnancy, LOL!!) i hope i can prove them wrong!
August 31st, 2011, 08:35 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MebbieBebbie View Post
I am the most anal-retentive person you'll ever meet - I need to plan EVERYTHING perfectly. So, I always thought I'd have to find out the gender. But then I experienced a 3D ultrasound (a relative's) and I thought it was all kinda creepy and grotesque. I didn't like it at all. Plus, there are very few true surprises left in life - so for our first one, at least, we're going to be team green and be surprised until he or she arrives.
They don't usually use 3D to determine the sex Actually I only had a 3D at an elective place, my dr office didnt do them. However I think it is awesome for the team green'ers. That is such a wonderful thing to learn during the birth.

August 31st, 2011, 08:53 AM
Veteran
While I wish I could hold out for a surprise, and I go back and forth as to what I really wanna do (as does hubs), we're about 85% sure we'll be finding out. Not so much for planning, because I don't think that'd be tons more difficult with a gender surprise, but simply because I'm already dying to know what it is. I have zero patience.
August 31st, 2011, 09:46 AM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We'll find out. If it were just me and DH, I think we'd wait, but I cannot stand my MIL thinking she knows what I'm having. She was just so sure DD was a boy and I was thrilled to find out she was wrong.

Also, I'd like to know if I'm set on clothes or need to get some boy stuff. If we have a boy next time around, I might consider not finding out.

August 31st, 2011, 09:51 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by -erin- View Post
They don't usually use 3D to determine the sex Actually I only had a 3D at an elective place, my dr office didnt do them. However I think it is awesome for the team green'ers. That is such a wonderful thing to learn during the birth.
Actually, where I live, that's the only way to determine the sex. They won't tell you with your regularly scheduled 2D ultrasound. If you want to know ahead of time, you have to pay a private company to get a 3D ultrasound done.

As a spinoff - does anyone have any recommendations for how to prepare for a baby without knowing the gender? Should I have a baby shower AFTER the birth instead of before? Should I buy very few clothes until after the birth? I'm not worried about the nursery - I already have some gender neutral ideas there.
August 31st, 2011, 09:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We'll be finding out. Baby will room in with us, so I don't need to set up a nursery yet. But I'm one of those people that pretty much has to know. I shop way too much and I need to buy tons of baby clothes

August 31st, 2011, 09:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes, no need to set up a nursery here either, but I just want to know. I'm afraid that if it's a girl I'm going to buy too many baby clothes. Just can't resist those sales! If it's a boy, I won't be buying a darn thing.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

August 31st, 2011, 11:55 AM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will be finding out. I did with the other two. I have little patience lol. Especially since this is the last one. I'm so curious to know if it's a girl, or if we will have all boys.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
August 31st, 2011, 12:26 PM
LindseyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LindseyB
I'll be finding out between 13-14 weeks! and Ill share my pics with all of you ladies! Only because one of my good friends is doing it for me.

We are moving houses this month and for the time being only putting our rocking chair in what will be the babys room. So Im definitely anxious to start decorating. Will probably paint a somewhat gender neutral color anyway. Im so tired of pink stuff LOL. I might do the walls a really light green boy or girl.

[

FOLLOW ME @ http://www.sweetnsourmom.blogspot.com
August 31st, 2011, 01:42 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
I'll be finding out because I'm high risk and have a ton of ultrasounds (13 with Allison). I would end up cracking before the end!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
August 31st, 2011, 08:36 PM
Sunshine0918's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will find out and I can't wait!!

April 2014

My chart: My Ovulation Chart
September 1st, 2011, 04:58 AM
Veteran
We're going to find out...I'm way too impatient to not find out. Plus, my mom bought me an embroidery machine and I've been monogramming tons of baby stuff for friends and can't wait to do for my own. Also, 2 of my family members waited to find out and it drove me crazy trying to find stuff for them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search