prenatals?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2011, 01:52 PM
aka shawna
the receptionist told me to pick some over the counter ones at target or a grocery store. i've been taking a lot of extra folic acid, per doctors request. and 2 flinstones a day... the smell of prenatals made me so sick my last pregnancy, and flinstones were the only thing i could stomach.

what are you taking? chewables? or swallow? and do you like?
September 1st, 2011, 01:53 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I alternate between Nature Made prenatals and the chewable. Too much iron and I get stopped up. I also add extra folic acid and fish oil.

September 1st, 2011, 02:12 PM
laurag146's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Right now I have my prescribed prenatals, 100mg B6 and B Complex I'm taking each morning. I have to stop taking the EPO so I need to look at getting some "no burp" fish oil pills. Fish burps are disgusting!

Thank you ~*Helen*~ for my BEAUTIFUL siggie!!!!

September 1st, 2011, 02:13 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was taking a Kroger brand prenatal for a few days until My OB called me in some prescription ones when I had my first appointment. I now take Select-OB+DHA. The Kroger generic didn't have DHA in them. The DHA needs to be swallowed but the vitamin one can be chewed up. It's berry flavor. But I rather swallow it. I'm really surprised I have had no problems keeping both of these down. It was hard to with my previous pregnancies. I just make sure it's late morning to afternoon and after a decent sized meal.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
September 1st, 2011, 02:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I take a Naturemade prenatal and then extra B vitamins right now

September 1st, 2011, 02:40 PM
Mamma J's Avatar Proud Navy Wife & SAHM
I still have a bottle of PreNexa from last year that don't expire til December. I'm going to finish those off and then just use the prenatals from the pharmacy on base since they're free

September 1st, 2011, 02:45 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I take a Target prenatal, fish oil, folic acid, a probiotic, and a lot of vitamin d. I'd like to take a better prenatal but I'm waiting for a recommendation from my midwife.

September 1st, 2011, 03:11 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
I have been taking the Target brand prenatals (non-chewable). My OB told me last time they are just fine. I also take an extra calcium (gummy chewable).

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
September 1st, 2011, 04:23 PM
Veteran
I'm taking OTC prenatal vitamins (Nature Made) and extra folic acid. They're not chewable. They're kinda coated gross lol.. but they're ok. I'm used to that, I've been taking multi vitamins for ages.
September 1st, 2011, 05:09 PM
KaiyaRae'sMomma's Avatar Forever missing Kaiya Rae
Prescription Pre-natals are Free at Meijer pharmacy. My doctor wrote me script and told me to fill it there because it is free back when I first started trying before conceiving Kaiya. So those are what I take! I have been taking them for the past like 2.5years (4 months before pregnant with Kaiya, during pregnancy,while breastfeeding, and for the most part continued after she died but we weren't trying again yet....with a few missed days here and there because I didn't concentrate on taking them that well).

Thank you Alethia for my siggy!

Read my blog: www.grievingmomma.wordpress.com

Last edited by KaiyaRae'sMomma; September 1st, 2011 at 05:14 PM.
September 1st, 2011, 05:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm just taking a chewable multi-vitamin from Target. I can't swallow pills and the chewable prenatals with iron are gross.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
September 1st, 2011, 05:41 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am taking a prenatal that was prescribed by my doctor. It's cheaper for me to take the prescription vitamins than buy other kinds.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search