Still nursing?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2011, 06:02 PM
pfmommy07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pfmommy07 Send a message via MSN to pfmommy07 Send a message via Yahoo to pfmommy07
Is anyone else still nursing?
Do you plan to wean during pregnancy?

I am proudly still nursing Aiden about 97% of the time. He rarely has any solids at all.
My goal is for him to self-wean, even if that means I tandem nurse.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!

September 9th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's great!

Vi weaned about 2 weeks ago at 17 months. She was already down to just once a day and then I had to go on some medication for a few days that ended up drying up my milk. I'm a bit sad that our nursing relationship is done, but I'm looking forward to nursing this little one.

September 9th, 2011, 06:20 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
That's awesome! I'm all letting a baby self wean! My son did at 22 months, but I really miss breastfeeding so I'm really looking forward to that part again!

Does it hurt while you are pregnant? I know a lot of people that says you are more tender...I'm sure that subsides, right?

September 9th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm still nursing my 18.5 month old. I'm drying up a bit, though, so he's not nursing as much. I'm thinking he'll wean pretty soon, although a month ago he was still super attached.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

September 9th, 2011, 06:28 PM
pfmommy07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pfmommy07 Send a message via MSN to pfmommy07 Send a message via Yahoo to pfmommy07
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jillian* View Post
That's awesome! I'm all letting a baby self wean! My son did at 22 months, but I really miss breastfeeding so I'm really looking forward to that part again!

Does it hurt while you are pregnant? I know a lot of people that says you are more tender...I'm sure that subsides, right?
It is a little more tender, but I was able to change his latch a little to get him to take more. It has helped a lot with them not hurting as much.

My fear is losing my supply..but with him nursing constantly I don't think its going to be an issue..If anything I have noticed a boost in my supply. Which oddly happens when I am pregnant..One of my first symptoms is my boobs like double in size and stay that way!!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!

September 9th, 2011, 06:30 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
Cool. At least it isn't painful!

September 9th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Caroline is only 7 months old, so yup! Still nursing! I'm only doing it about 3 times a day though. My milk supply is tapering off. It did as well when I became pregnant when Ella was 7 months old as well. I figure i'll go as long as I can tho.
September 12th, 2011, 01:30 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
I still nurse my 19 month old, as much as she wants, usually 2-3 times a day. It is a little sensative when she latches on but not while she is actively nursing. I plan to let her go as long as she wants, even if I am tandem nursing.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
September 14th, 2011, 09:33 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Lyla is not quite 10 months old and I am still nursing her. She eats solids, but still about 90% BM. Which is not surprising to me..my son still had mostly formula til about 14 months, then suddenly solids overtook. I don't have any weaning plans, though I am kinda hoping she'll self wean by 14 months or so. I hope my supply keeps up to BF her til she is at least one though.

September 14th, 2011, 10:09 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Savannah still nurses usually 1x/day (at night) but I'm weaning her now (she's not happy about it either ) b/c I'll start taking meds for m/s shortly and I know those can pass through BM so while i would have ideally let her self wean, i won't take the chance w/the meds and i think we did pretty awesome making it almost 22 months

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
September 14th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Veteran
I am still nursing Victoria, who is 11 months. I am hoping to keep nursing her as long as she wants, but my supply was getting really bad before I got pregnant and now it's even worse and I am making practically nothing. So we will see how long she will keep going... I'd be happy to tandem nurse if she can make it through the pregnancy nursing.

Emily
September 14th, 2011, 12:03 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kate still nurses frequently at 15 months old - especially since she's getting molars, and pain makes her want mama's boobs a lot. I'm going to just keep nursing her until she weans.... if I lose my supply and she stops, then that's fine. I don't know if I'll try to guide her towards weaning before the baby is born or not. Undecided if I want to tandem nurse. I'm thinking it might be easier for her to already be weaned and not start screeching at me every time I nurse the baby, KWIM?

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search