Working mommies- when do you plan on telling?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2011, 10:58 AM
cdukes2010's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm torn as to when I should tell my co-workers that I am pregnant. Two of the ladies I work with knew we were TTC and I'm dying to tell them but I really don't care for the whole office to know, nor do I really feel like having the discussion with my boss yet. I'm going to at least wait until my first appointment next Wednesday to make sure everything is as it should be. But I'm wondering if I should go ahead and wait until I'm in my 2nd trimester. Not sure I can hold it in that long!

How about you all?

Photo by Astra Creative Photography
Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my awesome siggy!

September 12th, 2011, 11:22 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
I told my co-teacher right away cause we are really close and she knew all about my trials. I told my boss last friday because I will need time off for appointments and I wanted them to know if I had another loss I would need to take some time to recuperate and stuff. But I work in a really small daycare so its a little more personal.

September 12th, 2011, 11:37 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
When I was pregnant I told my boss right after my first appointment, but didn't tell others until we told everyone on facebook. It turned out my boss was trying too and got pregnant a couple weeks after me. It ended up being good I told her earlier since I had really bad morning sickness, but I think when you tell is pretty individual to you and what you do

September 12th, 2011, 11:38 AM
cdukes2010's Avatar Super Mommy
I work for a pretty large company but my immediate group of co-workers is pretty small. My review is coming up so maybe AFTER she gives me a raise I can tell her haha.

Photo by Astra Creative Photography
Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my awesome siggy!

September 12th, 2011, 01:02 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only work part time, and I probably won't even tell my boss directly. She'll hear about it and then when the time gets closer, she'll see how much time I need off. Thats how it worked last time. Since I'm part time I can just schedule all my appointments when I'm off.

Now, I probably should tell my co-workers soon. I work with autistic adults and on a rare occasion, one of them can be a little violent. I'm never alone with the guy, and most of the time he's a big sweetheart, but I do need my co-workers to look out for me in case he has a behavior. I think I'll tell them this week or next week.
There are also a few "dirty" aspects of my job that I'm hoping I can get out of for at least the next 6 weeks!

September 12th, 2011, 01:07 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I work with my dad and brother so I've already told them. I haven't told my secretary yet though. I want to get through the first trimester before I tell any body other than immediate family.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 12th, 2011, 01:36 PM
alilangel7's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I work in a school and everyone knows I was going through IVF, so they were all calling me the day I found out to find out too! The news spread really quickly around here. They are all very supportive, so I feel comfortable to share with them all.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my beautiful siggy!

September 12th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I will tell my boss after my 1st appointment so she understands why I have so many appointments coming up. I will tell everyone else at the 12 week mark in early November.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
September 12th, 2011, 02:51 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
i'll be waiting until it's either too obvious to hide or I hit 20 weeks, whichever comes first (and i'm sure i'll be showing before 20 weeks so it'll likely be sooner)

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
September 12th, 2011, 05:06 PM
sher's Avatar Super Mommy
Not sure yet. I really don't want them to know anytime soon if I can help it! Probably closer to 12 weeks if possible
September 12th, 2011, 06:06 PM
I told my boss today because I didn't want him to be alarmed if he heard me throwing up in the bathroom...we have very thin walls...lol and because gossip flies fast in our company and I wanted to make sure he heard about it from me and not from anyone else...he was wonderful! very supportive and even mapped out a quick plan for covering my time off and making work easier for me throughout the pregnancy
Nicki
September 12th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Sunshine0918's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I told my boss last week. I took her to a conference room and she was so excited, she screamed. So the rest of my co-workers sort of figured it out when they heard her. Oh well. I was planning to tell them once I saw a heartbeat anyway.

Me: 32 DH: 36 DS: 2TTC #2 since May 2013
BFP: 4/19/14 Miscarried at 5 weeks April 2014
7/14: Started with RE. Clomid 100 mg + trigger = BFN and 29mm cyst
8/14: On birth control for cyst
9/14: Femara 5 mg + trigger = BFN
10/15/14: HSG. Possible polyps and blocked tubes. Cycle cancelled for surgery.
11/20/14: Lap and hysteroscopy reveals tubes are clear, no polyps but found endo on uterus and ovaries. Removed.

My chart: My Ovulation Chart
September 13th, 2011, 06:53 AM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had to tell everyone... I started bleeding at 5am a week ago and I texted all the co-workers to see who could cover my store and I was straight up with them so they would take it seriously. No one could work so I left a voicemail for my DM. She ended up having to close my studio for a day. I would of waited until I started showing.

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

September 13th, 2011, 06:57 PM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I told RIGHT away. Literally, the day I found out lol. To my coworkers anyways. I told my boss about a week later before he could fine out through the grapevine. With my morning sickness and this being baby #4 and I already look like 6 mos pregnant lol (really), it's hard to keep it a secret so they actually found out before some of our family members.

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search