how to conceal pregnancy if we want to wait...

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2011, 05:11 PM
:: 143 ::
We're keeping the pregnancy our own little secret until we feel it's "safe".

This weekend, we're having a birthday party for our daughter, and people know we've been trying, so naturally I know I'm going get put through the grinder in regards to questions. How do you deflect the "are you pregnant yet?" and "get your period yet???!!" [yes, my SIL asks that question... ] without it being obvious??

Also, I planned on running a marathon at the end of October, but definitely won't be. I just don't know if I should tell everyone that I'm bailing on it, and fake an injury or what. I have a blog that family and friends read, so I don't want to lie - but again, wanting to keep it quiet for now.

Anyway, just looking for advice. Thanks ladies! We didn't do this the first time around, and blabbed at just 6 weeks. I don't know how to do this!

romans 8:18
September 12th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Mamma J's Avatar Proud Navy Wife & SAHM
Hmmm...well, no one ever questioned us on how the process was coming along, so I don't have experience in avoiding questions lol. Buuuuut if someone asks you if you're pregnant yet, you can always say something like, "We're taking a break from trying right now"...it's not completely a lie, it's just really misleading lol. That way people know not to ask for a while. Or you can just say you really don't want to talk about it, but that might lead to tongues wagging.

As for the marathon, just don't say anything. If someone asks you about it you can say you're pulling out for medical reasons or some up with something about stress fractures somewhere on your foot if you don't mind lying lol.

Just out of curiosity, in the past, how did you respond to those types of questions?? It might help us brainstorm some responses

September 12th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Veteran
When we were trying for our first, I told people early on something like, "Look, when there's news, you'll be one of the first to know. Asking me about it is just going to stress me out." It put a stop to the questions.

September 12th, 2011, 05:52 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbsn View Post
When we were trying for our first, I told people early on something like, "Look, when there's news, you'll be one of the first to know. Asking me about it is just going to stress me out." It put a stop to the questions.
like!
September 12th, 2011, 06:04 PM
KaiyaRae'sMomma's Avatar Forever missing Kaiya Rae
I haven't been asked recently, maybe people have a feeling and know I will tell when I'm ready lol. But I used to get asked ALL. THE. TIME. People would ask when we are going to try again, if we are trying again, how it is going, any news...any wording you can think of. People are so nosey lol. My answer is always "we are working on it!" So I think that still works, cuz I'm not working on getting pregnant anymore, but I am working on growing the baby lol!

Thank you Alethia for my siggy!

Read my blog: www.grievingmomma.wordpress.com
September 12th, 2011, 06:08 PM
StephL's Avatar Veteran
Even though we weren't really trying, and so no one knew to ask us, I have been asked at least a dozen times since getting pregnant if I am pregnant. Family friends, even my boss. I am not showing yet, and they have no real way of knowing, so I think its just that DD is 2.5 and its "about time"

I'd love to hear some creative responses to use, as I feel weird lying but at the same time - "you'll know when we want you to!!!"
September 12th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Fab-Brunette's Avatar Veteran
I just like to say (to all questions regarding WHEN will you be married, engaged, pregnant, baptized) to personal questions that people should really not pester you with:

"when I know, I'll tell you. But if you keep asking me, I won't."
September 13th, 2011, 10:21 AM
:: 143 ::
Love the responses!! Thanks so much

With the last pregnancy, we babbled a few days after we found out. We also weren't trying, so there wasn't a need for the questions.

I wish I would have done this months ago. I personally think that something like trying to conceive is SO intimate, and I can't fathom asking someone how it's going. Maybe that's just me though!

It's mainly SIL - she's super open with her life, and she apparently thinks everyone else is the same way. No joke, the other day she texted me "So have you started your period yet??!" - who asks that?!

romans 8:18
September 13th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Mamma J's Avatar Proud Navy Wife & SAHM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmh07 View Post

It's mainly SIL - she's super open with her life, and she apparently thinks everyone else is the same way. No joke, the other day she texted me "So have you started your period yet??!" - who asks that?!

I know!!!! I can't imagine someone asking me questions like that...talk about awkward!

September 13th, 2011, 01:28 PM
alleusion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
These responses are great! I've told 3 people I think. I'm planning on waiting until 13 weeks to tell the grandparents, as neither set will take the news well.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for the gorgeous sig

September 13th, 2011, 01:30 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just tell people that I don't have any news to share at this time. Seems to shut them up.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search