Gender Neutral Colors

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Veteran
It's way too early IMO to buy anything for baby, but I'm wondering if anyone else is thinking about getting all baby supplies in gender neutral colors. This will be our first, and we hope to have a second in quick succession and be done by the time I'm 35 (I'll be 32 when this baby is born). Especially if you are hoping to have more than 1 baby, or planning to learn the gender at birth, are you going to buy baby supplies in neutral colors? If you have a child already and all of your gear is in pink or blue, do plan to buy the opposite color if this baby is the other gender?
September 24th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Veteran
We did all gender neutral gear with my daughter so we're set for this little one. We did that partly so we wouldn't have to rebuy if we were lucky enough to have another child, but partly because I'm not big on pink. Had we had a boy first, I won't swear that all our gear would have been gender neutral. :-)

September 24th, 2011, 04:59 PM
I could not ask for more.
We have gender neutral gear... like carseats, swing, high chair, etc. But everything is is BOY... clothes, toys, bedding, etc. If its a boy we won't need to buy anything except a new bouncer, excersaucer and infant carseat (sold ours) but if its a girl we need to buy clothes, bedding, etc.

September 24th, 2011, 05:06 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
yep we went gender neutral with all the stuff we bought for Savannah with exception of her bouncer chair (we did mostly green, some yellows) so we're basically set no matter what this little one turns out to be. And since right now we're planning on going Team Green, anything I buy in preparation now will definitely be gender neutral.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
September 24th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since this is the last baby I'm going to have I might do gender specific. Especially if it's a girl since all I have ever had is boy stuff. Everything will be new anyway because my youngest is 6 and we already got rid of everything.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
September 24th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Velveeta's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Velveeta
Almost everything we bought for my first was gender neutral. I'm excited that we saves all his clothes. Even if the next one is a girl I will still put her in the "daddy's little boy" onsie around the house, since she's just going to spit up on it anyway!

September 24th, 2011, 05:17 PM
morris126's Avatar Veteran
All of the big things are gender neutral (green/navy), but all Ethan's clothes are all blue with a tad of gender neutral that I bought before I knew he was a boy b/c I was dying to buy something. Even if this baby is a boy the clothes I have for Ethan won't be the right season for a May baby. I will probaby buy some gender neutral things before I find out the sex this time around too.

September 24th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Our gear is gender neutral. Our pack 'n play and infant carrier/stroller system are by Chicco and it's the Discovery pattern, which is gray and green.

The Sit 'n Stand stroller is black. The high chair is the Fisher Price space saver and it's tan colored.

We do have a lot of pink toys though since we have 2 girls already and people always give them very girlie toys. Regardless, if this baby is a boy or a girl, they'll need new clothes for sure and some new blankets. But everything else, I pretty much have.

September 24th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Regular
We'll be buying gender specific. It's just way funner IMO
Nalani ~ 12 wks, Nohealani ~ 17 wks, Aolani ~ 11 wks
Lulani ~ 25 wks ~ Forever 1 day old
Leilani ~ 27 wks ~ Forever 4 days old

September 24th, 2011, 05:31 PM
aka shawna
i'm not a big fan of pink or blue so we go with gender neutrals. they have some really cute options
September 24th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Super Mommy
Good question! Everything we bought in advance was gender neutral, so all the big stuff was stuff to reuse for a 2nd. Like bedding, exersaucer, high chair, ergo, pack and play, car seats, everything! We kept the gender a suprise. But then once DD was born, of course our house filled with pink and girl stuff!

September 24th, 2011, 05:51 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
I think I might get my big gear in yellow cause Im really into yellow right now and our nursery is already yellow, but then again this is our first and the first grandchild on both sides and the first baby in the church in a while, so we will be getting pretty much everything bought at showers I think and then I wouldnt mind it being specific cause we arent paying lol!

September 24th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Super Mommy
Gender neutral. I have a jungle theme. And now that this will be my second, I don't care. Kids don't really care what there room looks like. My son will be getting a new room decorated for him after the baby is born. But he'll be four so he deserves it.
September 24th, 2011, 07:52 PM
ELIZAbeth80's Avatar Veteran
All of our "gear" is gender neutral. The travel system, bouncer, swing, pack 'n play, etc. Everything else is boy from our son. If we have a boy we will probably need new stuff because DS was born in October, so the clothes seasons won't be right. Some stuff should work, though. If it's a girl we'll be going all girl I don't like a lot of pink, though. I will try and stick to girl clothes that are yellow, green, purple, blue, etc.

Thank-you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!

September 24th, 2011, 08:06 PM
alilangel7's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our stuff is mainly gender neutral, but most of it my friends "borrowed" and haven't given back - working on second kids for them right now! I may be buying some new stuff though. We will have to see...

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my beautiful siggy!

September 24th, 2011, 08:32 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All our big stuff is gender neutral, including almost all of Kate's toys. All the gear, furniture, whatever. The only stuff I got in pink were clothes and room decorations... oh and the bouncer, for some reason. So that's all I need to get for this one. I definitely am glad I went gender neutral for all the major stuff! Makes no sense to buy it all twice!

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
September 24th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
We were team green the first time around with our son & we're definitely going to be team green this time around too. It was just too much fun finding out the day he was born. So, with that said, we have everything newborn in gender neutral colors already so we won't have to do anything different for this LO.
September 25th, 2011, 07:17 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
with my first pregnancy i was having a girl, but i registered for all gender neuntral things, as i knew i wanted another close in age.

It was a good thing i did, becuase my second was a boy!

Unfortunately i gave away everything after i had DS and now have to start over.
September 25th, 2011, 07:57 AM
mrs_zipre's Avatar Loving my life!
I husband wants to get red and black baby gear, he is a AO in the Navy and those are their colors. That works for me, boy or girl. It matches our kitchen and our cars.
September 25th, 2011, 11:09 AM
speechteach42's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All of our major gear type items are gender neutral, so if we had a boy this time we would just need bedding and clothes.

Tags
baby gear , boy , colors , gender neutral , girl

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search