Moms of TWO Plus

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Especially if your oldest was 2+ when your second was born.

Did you find a need to get a double stroller or one of those Sit N' Stand ones? I'm trying decide whether or not to bother?
December 27th, 2011, 08:36 AM
mommy2mykiddos's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a double stroller with my older two and it was such a pain the butt. It was heavy and bulky. I hardly ever used it. Never had a sit and stand one though.
December 27th, 2011, 08:54 AM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The 3 are I have now are 4 years apart (the last 2 are about 3.5 years). I never found a use for it. Like PP said, they are big and bulky.
December 27th, 2011, 10:20 AM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
We are getting a sit and stand. Lilly will be 3. We saw them all over Disney and loved them.

}
December 27th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have a sit and stand because my SIL bought it for me. It's definitely big and can be hard to move around. Lily was 19.5 months when Vi was born and the stroller I have has 2 jump seats (one or both can hold an infant car seat) and then you can also remove one jump seat and have the sit and stand portion be there (in the back). Lily rode in the jump seat for a bit, then I changed it to the sit and stand style.

Vi is 21 months now and Lily is 3. Lily usually prefers to just walk, and Vi is 50/50. I usually take a smaller stroller when we're out now. Not sure if I'm going to use the sit and stand with new baby, or not. I tend to carry baby in a Beco carrier when they're super little anyway.

December 27th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My son will be 3 too, and I was thinking of getting a second hand sit and stand off of craigslist. He never uses a stroller now at 2.5, but he might want to if I am pushing the baby around.
December 27th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Karine119's Avatar SAHM of 3 Drama Queens!
Send a message via AIM to Karine119 Send a message via MSN to Karine119 Send a message via Yahoo to Karine119
I had a double with my older 2 (13 months apart) and we used it maybe twice after our last was born (25 months apart). We are looking into one a friend mentioned (I forget the name and brand) but it is a double that the back seat comes off and it converts to a sit and stand.

December 27th, 2011, 11:26 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
my daughter is 4 and has not used a stroller for a year now so I am just going to use a single with baby and she can keep walking.
She was getting to tall for a stroller anyway because she could put her feet down and stop it and I was scared I was going to break her feet.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
December 27th, 2011, 11:31 AM
alilangel7's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think we are getting a sit and stand type of stroller. My daughter will be 4 when the baby is born. We go to Disneyland a lot and I don't like her walking around there - too crowded. Pretty much the sit and stand will be for that or other amusement parks.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my beautiful siggy!

December 27th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think it depends... do you go to the mall or take walks? For those kinds of things you'll need something that holds two unless you never go alone and somebody doesn't mind carying the oldest. I agree the inline ones are a pita to steer, but they have their use. Don't spend a lot on them tho. We have a nice jogging stroller for our walks and the like, but you can't take that in stores.
December 27th, 2011, 05:15 PM
MommytoMandL's Avatar Super Mommy
I had a s'n's but dd2 didn't have the strength to be able to handle it, she always fell over, so we got a single that converts into a double (phil and teds) I always take both seats just in case (I have the second seat on the very top unless dd2 wants to ride (she is almost 5 and less then 30 lbs) with 3 and 4 i'm going to be switching to another single that converts into a double, the baby jogger city select, with a kiddy board for 2

December 27th, 2011, 06:21 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
I love love love my joovy ultralight sit and stand, I wish I hadn't waited so long o buy it! I had. Maclarn side by side an it was just too bulky and I only used about 6 months, before I went back to just a single and Mac walking.
December 28th, 2011, 09:06 AM
mamaleddie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I loved my sit and stand..Only draw back was when the older child fell asleep..not very comfy for them then..the doubles are such a PITA!! So big and bulky and I was always bumping into stuff in front of me!
Toni-Ann~10
Sicily Rae~7
Yasmine Joanne~5
Aaron Michael Junior~ONE!!!! Adalyn Marie-Morrison has arrived! 11/25/2013! 34 weeks..doing well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search