moms of boys ?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 28th, 2011, 09:46 AM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
when potty training did they learn standing? or start sitting and switch later?

December 28th, 2011, 09:51 AM
GG1995's Avatar Super Mommy
My DS is 2. We are working on this now. I have started out with him sitting. Once he gets the hang of it, then we will work on the whole standing up bit. I want him to concentrate on making it to the potty first.....................we'll work on standing up and aiming later. That will be DH's job! LOL
Baby #2 Our Baby Girl (Due in May 31, 2012) Miss Lexi Jaylee

Forever Missing our Angel Baby
who went to Heaven on August 13, 2011
December 28th, 2011, 09:56 AM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yeah that is what I have started off doing so far.

December 28th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Lisa H's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't have kids of my own yet but I've done a lot of potty training for work.
All kids should start by sitting. Partially for the reason GG1995 gave, give them one thing to work on at a time. It is enough for them to have to recognize the feeling of needing to go in time, interrupting their playtime to go on their own, getting to the bathroom, and getting their clothes out of the way. You really don't need to add aiming to the list. On top of that, most pottys are too short for standing at and most toilets are too tall for them.
December 28th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We started by sitting on the little potty. One day he wanted to try standing up like his daddy, so DH taught him how to do it. Standing is very helpful when your out and about. Aaron still sits most of the time at home on the little potty because he can do it himself.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

December 28th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We started sitting. We have always just potty trained on the big potty with a good, well fitting poty seat and a sturdy step stool. We haven't had any issues with that. I will tell you, it took a couple attempts before wyatt was really ready tho. He was 2.5 before it clicked. Ella potty trained at 18 mos no problem with the 3 day method. I kinda wish I hadn't pushed so hard with him. I caused myself undue stress. So, if it doesn't click with him, don't worry about waiting a few months.
December 28th, 2011, 10:37 AM
jacks_mommy's Avatar Veteran
we started sitting down as well. My son turned 3 in august, and the daycare rule was to learn sitting down. We actually had a little potty in the living room, family room downstairs, plus our 2 main bathrooms, so sitting down was the easiest way to go. Now, he stands up...he uses a little foot stool and insists on standing up "just like daddy"
December 28th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, definetly one thing at a time. Wyatt still sits and points it down. He's too short to attempt aiming, and the two times he tried to pee like daddy on his own, he peed all over the potty area. That wasn't fun.
December 28th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We started with sitting.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
December 28th, 2011, 11:37 AM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Odd one out here, we started standing! He loved it and it was FUN. It makes it SO easy when your out and about. We go hiking a lot in the spring/summer and he can just find a tree and go lol. He has also been known to go in the backyard just randomly...AND gone from inside to outside to go pee lol. It's whatever, we live in the country. He won't do it forever
December 28th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
A woman I know started off standing, using a coffee can in the backyard! LOL! But he learned how to aim at an early age, so there ya go. We have been sitting.
December 28th, 2011, 02:36 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
We started off sitting. He was still little and couldn't reach the big potty well and it was hard to aim it in the little potty. Plus, when they are learning it's good to be prepared for number 1 and 2 at any time they get the urge. lol

December 28th, 2011, 06:14 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my goodnes. We are trying to potty train Jackson now and having no luck at all. We are having him sit down first and after we master that, I will deal with standing up. I will just be thrilled when he starts pottying in the potty.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 28th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
As everyone knows we are all girls here... well until I got my neices and nephew. So now we are 5:1. Anyway he was 3 yesterday and has just in the last 1 1/2 months started getting it.... even at daycare and all it just did not click. I have been ready to pull my hair out, my girls were not that hard. One sunday morning we were getting ready for church and he politely went into the laundry room and took his pants off and peed in the floor! I say "do you not know where the potty is?" No! I wanted to scream.... But yes we sit to potty for now, one step at a time, I am just glad he makes it there most of the time, lol.

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

December 29th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Super Mommy
I let my son pee outside in the summer so he got the hand of holding it and seeing how he can control it. He'd write on our retaining wall !! He would watch me a lot. I have no penis, but he could see that I would sit down and the pee would go down too. So I have him a potty and a seat cushion for the toilet and taught him how to hold it.
December 30th, 2011, 05:04 AM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
We are trying to potty train here too. We started when my son turned 2 but it hasn't really "clicked" with him yet. We're not stressing, just encouraging him to go to the toilet when he needs to potty/poop. He goes about part of the time. He sits.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search