Down Day - Just Venting

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2011, 07:32 AM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
So I woke up before the sun this morning thinking about child care. Jake has been at daycare at my school since he was 2 months old. I took him with me to work everyday and nursed him twice everyday. The ladies at daycare love him and he loves them. All week Jake has been asking to go to daycare. He loves it there.

Well, we have moved further away from work and my district is one of the lowest paying in the area. We have pretty much decided I need to apply for a job in the city we live in. It would be at least a $5000 raise and a lot less gas every week.

So this means we would be looking for new childcare for Jake and our new baby boy. I can already see myself bawling on the last day of school, knowing Jake won't be going back, and that I will have to take a newborn to someone I don't really know. On top of that, I looked at one daycare tuition that just flipped my lid. We are just so tight on money. We just upgraded houses and now all I can think is, "We shouldn't have moved and shouldn't be having another baby." I feel like we are so blessed, and I hate having such negative thoughts. I just can't shake this mood.

I know everything will work itself out. I'm just a little hormonal. Yesterday was a down day too. I'm just so stressed about our financial situation. Just writing this all out makes me feel a bit better. Thanks for letting me vent!

December 29th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
~~~~~~~HUGS~~~~~~~~
Child care is SO incredibly nervewracking. So are finances...so even with it being a down day, it is justifiable to be worried. It will all work out though, and honestly; the fact that you are aware of it now, and looking at it is good. It means you aren't trying to ignore potential problems, and you'll be able to find a solution that works for you. There are pros and cons to both sides; and we are always here to listen to a vent! I had an off day yesterday too...just one of those days. And I can totally relate to what you are feeling as far as the "financial stress vs. can you believe we are actually adding a baby to this mess?! What are we thinking?!" feelings. We'll get through it though! I saw some awesome words of wisdom yesterday-so I'll share my version... God doesn't give us situations we can't handle. He gives us the situations he has planned and then gives us the skills, strength and knowledge we need to handle them.

December 29th, 2011, 08:51 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I have days where I just freak myself out over daycare costs adding another baby to the mix. I have relatively cheap daycare at $125 a week per child. But thinking that next summer we will be paying $1000 a month in daycare can put me over the edge.

And I hate to add any more stress to you, but you may want to start lining up daycare now. In most areas there can be huge waiting lists to get in- especially for infants.

December 29th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Lisa H's Avatar Super Mommy
Daycare and finances are so huge for me too. I do not want to leave my baby with a stranger but we are tight for money even with me working. On the other hand, daycare is so expensive here that my paycheck will only be used to pay for daycare. I've already started looking for a job that I can do from home so that I can work but not have to pay for baby to be away from me.
December 29th, 2011, 09:54 AM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks, ladies, for the support. It is so good to have an outlet and even better to have an understanding ear.

December 29th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I COMPLETELY understand! Though we will be using the same daycare we did/do with DD, it's still tough to think of leaving such a young baby in someone elses care. The older kids love it! It's like playgroup every day!

Financially we are lucky but it's still $1400 a month (& that's cheap for 2 in Mass) that I will will be responsible for paying out every month. It's ludicris. My schedule is already insane & sometimes I feel like "what was i thinking" adding a second baby to the mix. We will get through this.
December 29th, 2011, 10:21 AM
aka shawna
daycare is really gutting in every aspect.. i wonder if you can't take your teaching career to a different level. tutoring perhaps? i know quite a few people who pay for private tutors, and that allows them to have the best of both worlds. at any rate, i hope you're able to find something that puts you at ease. stress is no fun. hang in there! <3
December 29th, 2011, 10:33 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
Have you considered a nanny? I know it can be a better deal when you have more than one child, and you can have them start coming over on weekends so you all get to know them. plus it's one less step where you dont have to get your kids out of the house in the morning. I know if I had to work I would hire a nanny over going to a daycare.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search