ER visit last night

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been having sharp chest pains on and off regularly since Christmas. But the come and go. Yesterday evening they were coming often and I got scared. DH worked from home and got off at midnight so we went to the ER. They had to do an xray of my heart. I didn't like doing it but I needed it. The baby was shielded at least. They hooked me up to the heart monitor. We waiting 4 hours to hear they couldn't find what was wrong and the only thing left could be a blood clot. She said the blood test for that is always elevated in pregnant women so that didn't help. She said I could do some sort of xray where they inject dye in my veins and take like 50 pictures. That scared me. So I told her I would talk to my OB today about it. I don't want to do that being pregnant unless I really need to. Since we got home at 4 am I slept for quite some time. I'm waiting for my OB to get back from lunch.

When I was pregnant with my second my pulse got real high and I passed out. The ER did a battery of scary tests including maybe the dye one. I just can't remember well. The cardiologist I went to said I had a mitral valve prolapse. And I just had to deal with my high pulse the rest of the pregnancy. Weird thing was after I had the baby I don't think he saw the prolapse. Anyway I wonder if it's what might be causing this similar situation.

So anyway I am just worried

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
December 29th, 2011, 10:29 AM
aka shawna
that sounds so frightening. i'm so sorry sweets. i hope they are able to sort out its cause, and it ends up being nothing to worry about. do you know if anytihng set it off. stress? excercise? anything you ate? i hope you are able to relax hun. <3
December 29th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you are having to deal with this I hope they can figure it out. I haven't heard of mvp being caused by pregnancy, but that doesn't mean much coming from me. Can you go back to the cardiologist before having to do the xray test and see what he/she thinks?

December 29th, 2011, 11:51 AM
It just happens randomly. Even when resting.

I called the OB office. The lady talked to him and he said just to keep my Jan. 6th appt. since the ER released me. She said he said he would get the records from them. So I'm not sure what to do at this point. The ER did give me an antibiotic for a uti I didn't know I had.

I don't have a cardiologist anymore.

December 29th, 2011, 01:05 PM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
That sounds frightening! I hope you get answers and relief soon.

December 29th, 2011, 01:31 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
What a scary night! Hope your doctor can figure something out or at least refer you to a cardiologist that deals with pregnant women.

December 29th, 2011, 01:57 PM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
I hope they can figure out what is causing the pain.
December 29th, 2011, 02:47 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry. That is always scary!
December 29th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So scary! Please KUP on what your OB says at your next appt!

December 29th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Super Mommy
Do they really need to release dye in order to find a clot? Couldn't they start with an ultrasound. How about a second opinion. Can you find a cardiologist or your general practitioner to do some test for you? It could be MVP, one of the symptoms is chest pain, but did you have these pains with your other pregnancy? My grandmother has had MVP forever and has been on meds. But yours may just be pregnancy induced. So much crap we have to deal with.
December 29th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When I had a suspected clot they did ultra sounds everywhere... no dye. I also have a pretty severe mitral valve prolapse that is getting worse due to my RA... Dr says it is more prominant lately due to the RA. But it has never caused me chest pain... only occasional shortness of breath and rapid increase in HR that goes away quickly. My pulse is normally very slow with a very low BP all the time.

I would prob find a cardiologist for a second opinion... sometimes ER's get too busy and miss/ rush things. Hope you feel better soon and get answers. It drives me crazy to be left without definate answers.

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

December 29th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
How scary I hope they can find out what's wrong.
December 30th, 2011, 05:01 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Oh scary.
I hope they figure something out for you.
Being pregnant puts so much stress and strain on our bodies.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
December 30th, 2011, 05:29 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That does not sound like fun. I hope they can figure out what's going on.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
December 30th, 2011, 07:39 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry that you are having the chest pains. I hope your dr. can figure out what's causing it or find a dr. who can figure it out.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 30th, 2011, 08:27 AM
beautyexists72's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh man, that does sound so scary. I am sorry, love. I hope all stays okay. Hang in there and take super good care of yourself.

December 30th, 2011, 10:39 AM
I talked to my OB's assistant yesterday after he looked at my charts from the ER. He was still fine with me waiting until my appointment in a week. I feel like the ER just wants to do tests and don't really worry about the baby just mom. They didn't even check the baby once. Unless it gets worse I'm just going to wait. I'm trying to stay as stress free as possible but it's hard.

December 30th, 2011, 11:37 AM
maggzies's Avatar Veteran
I hate it when they don't think to check the baby.
It's like okay, you have a pregnant woman who is feeling pain and stressed out, and stress is bad. Obviously the main thing she's going to be stressed out about is the baby being okay, so why don't you check the baby to make sure the baby is fine so she can de-stress a bit.
EVERY time I go to the ER they take thirty years to check the baby.

Hopefully you get answers and solutions to the pain so you don't have to worry anymore.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search