what were the BEST things you had...

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2011, 11:52 AM
LindseyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LindseyB
With your other child/children?

I loved karmens swaddleme blanket, her pacifiers were a lifesaver, her bassinet which she slept in for 5the months and her gas drops medicine

This time I've already bought another swaddleme and im trying one of those Maya baby wraps.

[

FOLLOW ME @ http://www.sweetnsourmom.blogspot.com
December 29th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Beco Butterfly II carrier, Fisher Price Rock 'n Play Sleeper (seems so simple, but the incline really helped Vi sleep and it's more snug than a lot of bassinets, nursing pads since I leaked all the time with both girls

December 29th, 2011, 12:50 PM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
Velcro swaddle blankets, an inclined sleep positioner (I know these are a no-no), and a baby swing (only place he would nap).

And for me - gel pads for sore nipples and a soft ice pack for a sore down under.

December 29th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With DS1 we would not have made it without both the swing and the bouncy chair. Pacifiers, and cable (because if he wouldn't sleep in the bouncy chair, he would only sleep on one of us).

With DS2- our swing, a baby carrier(idk what kind, we had got it with ds1 and I never used it. But SO conveniant when there's 2 of them and 1 of you) Pacifiers, and a couple of good blankets because he LOVED to be swaddled. Also, I will be buying another sound machine. That was the other major neccesity with both of them-they didn't sleep without it! (Specifically, the ocean setting. The one we had has several options, but they liked the ocean best. And that worked well since the swing we had was the fisher price ocean wonders swing, and it had an ocean setting too.)

December 29th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
These receiving blankets!! I used them for everything. They have a little stretch and are big and breathable. You get the best swaddle with them. And they are light, so baby doesn't overheat. Id use them in strollers, car seat, for burp clothes. I buy a pack for everybody who has a baby. I don't even use other receiving blankets.
Target Mobile Site - aden + anais pink butterfly patch muslin swaddles
The rock n play sleeper. Its awsome! The incline and the nesty feel for baby is amazing. They are light and super portable. Most babies hate to lay flat, and startle. Caroline never startled in it.
And my mai tai. I bought mine off of etsy.com for 35 bucks and it way super comfortable for me and baby.
December 29th, 2011, 02:33 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
My Amby Hammock!! I love that thing! I also have the bouncy seat attachment for it for when baby out grows sleeping in the hammock.

December 29th, 2011, 02:59 PM
aka shawna
great thread. i'm taking notes.

hey that fisher price rock and play sleeper. now, is that equivalent to a moses basket. well, obviously not the same, but i mean, would you use yours the first month or so, instead of a crib?

i've been searching moses baskets all day, and i cant find a decent priced one. they're all around 300 bucks, which is insane, as i got the one i used for sky for 30 quid. that rock and play had a photo of a woman sleeping, and its cheap so...could i use that? or is it not safe for an all nighter?
December 29th, 2011, 03:03 PM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
Sleep sacs. Lilly hated (and still hates) being confined. She would scream. So the sacs gave her movement and still kept her warm.

The white bijorn. She was the type of baby that wanted to be held. So I barely left the couch until I got the bijorn, then I cleaned house and we did shopping trips!

The green monster! Those big bulky green binkys they give in the hospital. She was addicted til she was 2!! Lol

Video camera monitor. Once we got her into her own crib this was nice bc we could peek in without waking her up.

}
December 29th, 2011, 03:33 PM
I had never heard of the Rock and Play Sleeper, so I had to look at it. I found it on Amazon and the manufacturer says it is safe to sleep in all night. It also has amazing user reviews. A registry item for sure!

December 29th, 2011, 03:34 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Burp cloths, seriously. I had spitters (projectile vomitters actually) Big thick ones. I made them with Julian. Sleep sacks as well. Julian would "mermaid" himself if he was in a sleeper. It was adorable
December 29th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicknlittle View Post
great thread. i'm taking notes.

hey that fisher price rock and play sleeper. now, is that equivalent to a moses basket. well, obviously not the same, but i mean, would you use yours the first month or so, instead of a crib?

i've been searching moses baskets all day, and i cant find a decent priced one. they're all around 300 bucks, which is insane, as i got the one i used for sky for 30 quid. that rock and play had a photo of a woman sleeping, and its cheap so...could i use that? or is it not safe for an all nighter?
Vi slept in the rock 'n play all night. I think it holds up to 20 or 25lbs, but we stopped using it around month 4 because she could sit up on her own by then and they recommend stopping use at that point (baby could flip it, etc).

December 29th, 2011, 04:07 PM
I saw the Rock and Play on Amazon and thought it sounded great. DS loved to sleep on an incline and that thing seemed perfect for that without the risks of suffocation that my sleep positioner poses. It has a ton of great reviews. But then I started reading the one star reviews and almost all of them are about the sleeper contributing to torticollis and flat head syndrome. I wonder ???

December 29th, 2011, 05:10 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdawn View Post
I saw the Rock and Play on Amazon and thought it sounded great. DS loved to sleep on an incline and that thing seemed perfect for that without the risks of suffocation that my sleep positioner poses. It has a ton of great reviews. But then I started reading the one star reviews and almost all of them are about the sleeper contributing to torticollis and flat head syndrome. I wonder ???
People love to blame problems on things at times. My son was BORN with tort. Typically that is how it occurs. It is from an injury during birth or pregnancy. A positioning item will not cause tort. Julian literally flew down my birth canal then rested his head on my hip bone. When he "landed" there that is what caused that injury. Flat head syndrome can occur in a crib, swing, car seat etc. The US has seen many more cases of flat head after the "Back to sleep" program. It is all about rotating your child while they are awake. If that causes those things listed, then swings, car seats etc could as well. A baby that only lays on its back in his/her crib, always in a swing, bouncer or car seat will get flat head syndrome.
December 29th, 2011, 05:43 PM
alilangel7's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I loved the SwaddleMe Blankets (with Velcro) and the video baby monitor.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my beautiful siggy!

December 29th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:fearless:. View Post
People love to blame problems on things at times. My son was BORN with tort. Typically that is how it occurs. It is from an injury during birth or pregnancy. A positioning item will not cause tort. Julian literally flew down my birth canal then rested his head on my hip bone. When he "landed" there that is what caused that injury. Flat head syndrome can occur in a crib, swing, car seat etc. The US has seen many more cases of flat head after the "Back to sleep" program. It is all about rotating your child while they are awake. If that causes those things listed, then swings, car seats etc could as well. A baby that only lays on its back in his/her crib, always in a swing, bouncer or car seat will get flat head syndrome.
Yeah, I know what you mean. My best friend's little one ended up with tort and a flat spot. She was just in a crib, nothing else special to blame it on. It's easy to get worried from horror stories, though. Correlation doesn't equal causation.

December 29th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love this thread, I've been contemplating the Rock n Play sleeper myself! I wish they had it when I registered for my DD.

My favs were my Video Monitor (although I wish I had gotten a secure channel one) & My Lamb Papasan swing.
December 29th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ergo baby carrier, Fisher Price cradle swing (Austin slept in it until he was 13 months then went to a toddler bed), crib soother/music player, Lansinoh nursing pads, cloth diapers and wipes, A+A blankets for swaddling in warmer months, bouncy seat.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
December 29th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Caroline skept in the rock n play religiously for nearly 5 months! Lol I put the crib blanket underneath to cushion and then swaddled her. She slept well. When she was in a bassinet she's wake because she was flat and because of all the space. Somehow, even swaddled, they sense that. It was either the rock n play, or next to me.
December 29th, 2011, 08:19 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My mei tai!!! Used it every single day all the time. Lifesaver. The baby Papasan swing (only place I could ever put her down for a while). Pacis (first we used the soothies, but switched to MAMs which stayed in better!). Sleep nursing bras to keep my breast pads in place. Oh, and my favorite blankets were the waffle weave ones from BRU (Gerber thermal blankets)... very stretchy, loved them for in the car, in the sun, or covering us both while she slept.

Ummm... yeah that was pretty much it. She wouldn't sleep in the crib or cosleeper, she HATED being swaddled (with a PASSION) and still hates sleep sacks, I didn't like the sleep gowns and she slept with me so we were both dressed very lightly. We didn't use much baby stuff.....

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
December 29th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With DD1, I nursed her but she was in the NICU for a while and had bottles of water. So when I went back to work the only bottle niples she would take were the ones from the hosp... I tried every brand and style and shape! She also liked to be swaddled so receiving blankets were great... we didn't have the velcro type back then!

DD2 gas drops were my best friend and baby cereal. She got collic and cried for days it seemed. I took her to the ER bec I decided that she must be hurting somewhere.... the Dr basically laughed and told me to gobut a good rocking chair because this would last for a few months. I was determinedthat it would not... I was nursing exclusively so I started mixing about 1/2 teaspoonof baby cereal and would feed it to her in a syringe at night time... no more collic! She also carried a baby doll around from about 6-7months.

DD3 her blankie! She hate being swaddled. She hated the bassinet. She also hated to ride in the car, and would scream the entire time. It took several screaming spells at home before DH realized that she wanted one specific blanket. She was so little just a few months old... not sure how she knew the difference. She still carries it everywhere 5 years later!

I also love my boppy for nursing and belly time for baby.

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search