What's the best glider to buy?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Hello everyone! I am having my first baby in May, and I am just getting started with setting up my nursery. I am looking into buying a glider chair. Can you all recommend the most comfortable brand for the money so that I can research where to get one in my area? I have been told that a recliner is the best option. I have only been to a few baby stores so far and the prices are crazy. I have seen them at Target for $400-$500 and at some other speciality stores for $1000+. Any ideas?
December 29th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Super Mommy
I just went to a local furniture store and ordered one with the fabric I wanted. Mine isn't an actual glider, but an upholstered chair on a swivel rocker.
December 29th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I really really really like my Lazy boy recliner better than any glider. I think Duetailor (sp?) is the best. The people I nannied for had it and I like it. The ottoman had a built in nursing stool that could come in and out as needed.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
December 29th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
I am looking forward to reading others' responses because we are desperately in need of a new chair. Ours is just a generic one from Babies R Us and it SUCKS!
December 29th, 2011, 07:47 PM
pfmommy07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pfmommy07 Send a message via MSN to pfmommy07 Send a message via Yahoo to pfmommy07
I am thinking about getting a recliner instead of another glider. I hate my basic glider we have right now.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!

December 29th, 2011, 09:18 PM
alilangel7's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know the brand of mine. It is a glider that swivels too. It looks like a regular piece of furniture and not a baby item. I picked out the fabric. It was expensive, but I have used it for 3+ years already and feel like I can use it for another 20. I like that it didn't look like baby furniture when I was done with the baby furniture and that I can easily use it in the living room.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my beautiful siggy!

December 30th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Veteran
LOVE my Dutailier glider and ottoman. Like was already said, there is a nursing stool built into the ottoman and it is so comfy. My DH also loves it and he's a big guy - 6'5". It is pricey but it was our one "splurge" with DS and I am so glad I spent the money for a good one!
Amanda - Wife to Ray, Mommy to DS #1 - Rocky (7/12/10). Baby #2 due 5/26/12!!
December 30th, 2011, 07:10 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
it depends on what you are looking for. I bought a glider that has held up for 4 years from target, its a white frame with yellow fabric, and it cost me about 200. It came with a footrest, that i rarely used.

I would love to have a nice fabric upholstered recliner type chair, but i just couldnt justify the money for one, especially since i really only use it to nurse in overnight.

i would look at your local craigslist, i bet you will be able to find some really nice ones there.
December 30th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've always just used a standard rocking chair. Id use it to nurse in the middle of the night, or to read the kids a bedtime story. Worked just fine for me. If baby was so fussy that it took awhile, id just move to the living room so I could watch tv anyway. I've never missed not having a glider. I've had two rocking chairs, one painted white, and another we finished in a rustic black. Both will still have use once the children are grown. the white one is on the front porch now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search