Those who have circumcised sons

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2011, 06:54 PM
beautyexists72's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am reading through this and I don't see anyone anywhere trying to start a debate. So why don't we just not even bring up the word? People are being friendly everywhere. And you can't ask a question without people talking about their personal experiences/thoughts. Sorry, if people can't handle THAT they should just avoid threads like this all together. Different opinions from mine have never offended me or struck up a need or desire to debate. It's the way the world works.

December 30th, 2011, 06:56 PM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have two boys, both were circ'd in the hospital. I had to pay out of pocket as my insurance didn't cover it ($275). They numb them beforehand and they were completely healed within a week to a week and a half. Just make sure to use lots and lots of the jelly stuff so that the pads you put over his wee-wee don't stick...THAT is painful for baby. If you are very liberal with the jelly stuff we had no problems after that.

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

December 30th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggzies View Post
I was providing my reason, I find it to be a bit overextending to say I was "making fun of someones child".

Get mad if you want to but I find that to be a ridiculous accusation given what I said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautyexists72 View Post
I am reading through this and I don't see anyone anywhere trying to start a debate. So why don't we just not even bring up the word? People are being friendly everywhere. And you can't ask a question without people talking about their personal experiences/thoughts. Sorry, if people can't handle THAT they should just avoid threads like this all together. Different opinions from mine have never offended me or struck up a need or desire to debate. It's the way the world works.
How about some simmer down sauce, eh? No one is angry. I used the word debate because when you make fun of uncirced penises in a thread where the OP said she didn't want to start a debate (note, she used that word, which is perfectly fine), it is like baiting those that circed. Totally not necessary, totally besides the point of this thread. So how about you just relax and let others answer the topic at hand, k?
December 30th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Whoa. Haha speaking of simmer down sauce. That was really uncalled for. K?

Offering someone "simmer down sauce" and telling them to relax is not an appropriate tactic. Just for future reference.

December 30th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awh man, simmer down sauce was supposed to be funny! Seriously and honestly, I am not irritated or trying to be mean, cross my heart I totally made up simmer down sauce. I didn't even think it was a real expression. I dunno, we tell eachother to simmer down here all the time. Anyhow ... no sauce then
December 30th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Haha! ok. Maybe a lil sauce.

December 30th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL, mmmkay. What is that from? King of the Hill? I guess it sounds kind of ****** to put K. So change it to mmmkay, hehehe
December 30th, 2011, 07:22 PM
maggzies's Avatar Veteran
I know I'm not angry, my feelings are hurt that someone chose to take my comment in an offensive manner.
I wasn't making fun of them, I said I would get my child circumsized to avoid THEM getting made fun of by people. I will make sure I read my posts twenty thousand times from now on to avoid people thinking I'm trying to debate with them. Since when do debates have to be hurtful messes anymore anyway? I'm done with this thread.

December 30th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well no one meant to hurt your feelings. Maybe you can understand that saying you would never be with an uncriced man, and that one time you saw an uncirced penis and laughed at it, could potentially be offensive to those with uncirced sons. I don't think it is much of a stretch to see that. And it's not that the comment offended me, so much as it made me think of a lot of retorts that would have gotten this thread shut down fast. It wasn't a nice thing to say, didn't answer the OP's question, and as such I think that just maybe it was a comment that you could have kept to yourself. Unless like I said, the point was to swap stories about our taste in penises, and what we find to be funny looking. If that's in fact the case, then by all means! Make fun of more penises! Go crazy!

Like those things are attractive, circed or not, anyways. I mean come on!
December 31st, 2011, 07:44 AM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MJ* View Post
Well no one meant to hurt your feelings. Maybe you can understand that saying you would never be with an uncriced man, and that one time you saw an uncirced penis and laughed at it, could potentially be offensive to those with uncirced sons. I don't think it is much of a stretch to see that. And it's not that the comment offended me, so much as it made me think of a lot of retorts that would have gotten this thread shut down fast. It wasn't a nice thing to say, didn't answer the OP's question, and as such I think that just maybe it was a comment that you could have kept to yourself. Unless like I said, the point was to swap stories about our taste in penises, and what we find to be funny looking. If that's in fact the case, then by all means! Make fun of more penises! Go crazy!

Like those things are attractive, circed or not, anyways. I mean come on!
That comment bothered me the most, I guess. Was the "I laugh and would't be with a man that wasn't" That's not fair. He could be the best man in the world and treat you like a queen, but can't help that his parents made the choice not to cut him. That would be like a man laughing at a woman for her breasts being uneven, having an odd shaped nipple (I do!) or bigger "down there" area. That just rubbed me wrong This is such a sensitive subject. I am far from upset, no where near it lol.
December 31st, 2011, 08:40 AM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:fearless:. View Post
That comment bothered me the most, I guess. Was the "I laugh and would't be with a man that wasn't" That's not fair. He could be the best man in the world and treat you like a queen, but can't help that his parents made the choice not to cut him. That would be like a man laughing at a woman for her breasts being uneven, having an odd shaped nipple (I do!) or bigger "down there" area. That just rubbed me wrong This is such a sensitive subject. I am far from upset, no where near it lol.
Honestly I refuse to be with an uncircumsized male as well. I feel the same she does. Just putting that out there to say everyone has preferences and opinions. They are neither right or wrong....just choices.
It's what makes the world go round I don't think anyone meant to offend anyone.
We are just all full of pregnancy hormones lol

}
December 31st, 2011, 11:42 AM
Super Mommy
I've been with both

This back and forth looks all too familiar, do you want lindsey2000 to come in here and shut this down too! or should I get the
December 31st, 2011, 05:25 PM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
My son was circ'd and my husband went in to watch the procedure. I had a c-section so I couldn't even get out of my bed at the hospital where it was done. They numbed him before, and he cried when they gave him the shot to numb him. After the shot, he was perfectly content. He had the plastibell procedure done, which left a looser circ but took a little while to fall off/heal.

My husband and I have discussed circ'ing for baby #2 since we are team green and this could be another boy. When my son was born, we didn't do much research into circ'ing and I told my husband that the decision was his to make. He wanted our son to look like him so he went with circ'ing. Well, after having him, I started doing more research on this topic and we did a lot of discussing. We would not do the procedure on baby #2. I don't feel that the fact that my MIL and FIL decided to circ my husband as reason enough to circ this baby. I do worry that my kids may notice the difference but hopefully we'll be able to handle it if it comes up.
January 1st, 2012, 05:49 AM
amandasue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to amandasue
I have had both of my older sons circumcised. And this one also will be done. Getting it done now they wont remember it what so ever. I also have other reasons to get it done that I will leave out so a debate doesnt start! lol! I havent heard of an insurance company not covering a circumcision. I have worked in pediatrics since 2004 and my mom also works in pediatrics and has for 20 years!
January 1st, 2012, 07:23 AM
I could not ask for more.
Aiden was cir'd.... He was 8 days old and it was done at my parents house by a rabbi. My family is Jewish but DH family is Christian but we decided to get it done by a rabbi. Obviously insurance didn't cover it. It was about $250 plus a donation to the temple. Aiden cried at first but then the rabbi gave him a sip of wine, lol, and he was fine. I nursed him and he slept for a few hours. Diaper changes were the worst, for me, just because it was a wound for a few days. The rabbi came back the next day to change the bandage for me. I'm very pleased with the result and would do it again had this baby been a boy.

January 1st, 2012, 07:28 AM
I wish they would do them @ the hospitals here. Anyone know why they stopped doing it at the hospitals in some states?

}
January 1st, 2012, 07:41 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
i think it is becuase they are considering it an "elective procedure" similar to cosmetic surgery.

i dont see why people get so huffy puffy over certain opinions, i remember quite a few STRONG opinions in the ear piercing thread that were much more offensive than what has been said in here.

DS is circ'd, DH is circ'd, ive only ever been with DH so i wouldnt know what an uncirc'd one is like anyways. DD's ears are pierced, Olivia's will get pierced early, its just what ive ever known. If anyone doesnt like how i raise my family they can suck it. if they dont want to be with my son or dd becuase of cosmetic issues, then they arent the people for my family anyways.
January 1st, 2012, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream2bemommy22 View Post
i think it is becuase they are considering it an "elective procedure" similar to cosmetic surgery.

i dont see why people get so huffy puffy over certain opinions, i remember quite a few STRONG opinions in the ear piercing thread that were much more offensive than what has been said in here.

DS is circ'd, DH is circ'd, ive only ever been with DH so i wouldnt know what an uncirc'd one is like anyways. DD's ears are pierced, Olivia's will get pierced early, its just what ive ever known. If anyone doesnt like how i raise my family they can suck it. if they dont want to be with my son or dd becuase of cosmetic issues, then they arent the people for my family anyways.
Lol high five !!

I just thought it would be more than the cosmetic reasoning bc insurance still pays for it. They should throw in a tummy tuck then for all recovering moms too jmo

}
January 1st, 2012, 07:58 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
mm i like the tummy tuck idea lol I think you can have that done in beverly hills or something lol.

January 1st, 2012, 08:05 AM
Lol sounds like a plan to me! When I get my pre baby body back I'm def getting another tummy tuck! Was the best thing I ever paid for. But then I met hubby and had babies lol

}

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search