nesting yet?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2011, 10:42 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
So the nesting bug has totally hit here. I am obsessively wanting to rearrange bedrooms and Im dying to start painting the nursery and buy the furniture. I have a strange need for a new dresser lol and a clothes hamper.

Anyone else?

December 30th, 2011, 10:56 AM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes and no. I have the urge to organize, but not the energy to go along with that urge.

December 30th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been going crazy with cleaning! I cleaned out the fridge and freezer the other night. It looks spotless lol. The nusery is currently my DH's home office. So I'm not starting on that until a month or two from now when we get all the furniture and crib.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
December 30th, 2011, 10:58 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
Not yet. I'm going to have to recruit help when I do get the urge. I need to stay on light duty while the placenta is being an jerk.

December 30th, 2011, 11:04 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I have the urge, but not the time nor energy. Also don't have the cooperation at home.

December 30th, 2011, 11:15 AM
mrs_zipre's Avatar Loving my life!
Ha! My nursery is completed set up. So yes.

December 30th, 2011, 11:22 AM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdawn View Post
Yes and no. I have the urge to organize, but not the energy to go along with that urge.
Same here!
I'm more wanting to play catch up for being sick all first trimester. Now I wanna get the house back in order.

I'm not sure if I'm getting a nursery for our baby and it's totally bumming me out we were wanting to downsize when our lease is up in oct. So we thought well if baby is born in may, he will sleep in the pack n play the first 3 months, so should we do a room up for 2 months?

}
December 30th, 2011, 12:08 PM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva76 View Post
I'm not sure if I'm getting a nursery for our baby and it's totally bumming me out we were wanting to downsize when our lease is up in oct. So we thought well if baby is born in may, he will sleep in the pack n play the first 3 months, so should we do a room up for 2 months?
I say, if it is bumming you out not to have a nursery, make yourself a nursery. Do the minimum you can to make yourself feel a little better. It doesn't have to cost a lot to feel like you've made a little nest for your LO.

December 30th, 2011, 12:24 PM
aka shawna
oh gosh. any nesters out there are more than welcome to come to my house and clean. i've been hit with the lazy stick. although, i did manage to get my christmas stuff put away and tree outside. but, thats about it.
December 30th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Kristin
As with a few of the others - yes my mind is nesting but my energy level is lacking. I do a tiny bit at a time. We're still trying to clean boxes out of the baby's room.... ugh.
December 30th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Somewhat. I really want to get the girls each a new twin mattress + frame, but can't make up my mind on which ones to get. That is stressing me out. And I've been reorganizing their closet and room constantly.

December 30th, 2011, 02:18 PM
StephL's Avatar Veteran
I've been going crazy organizing the past couple of days - mudroom, closets, making lists, pantry etc. Do you think its nesting, or just a function of the holidays being over and the New Year approaching?
December 30th, 2011, 02:28 PM
alilangel7's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephL View Post
I've been going crazy organizing the past couple of days - mudroom, closets, making lists, pantry etc. Do you think its nesting, or just a function of the holidays being over and the New Year approaching?
I think mine is a little of both. I am dying to go look for new furniture for my daughter - so this new little guy can have her crib/bed. DH doesn't want to go yet, so I am holding out.

I am cleaning out closets now. Just finished DD's and working on mine now. Normally I would just shove them in, but now I am trying to organize better and clean out. I think that is part of the nesting.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my beautiful siggy!

December 30th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Messes and disorder are starting to drive me batty! But the bleeding and placenta are causing me to be unable to do anything about it. frustrating to say the least for somebody who likes a clean house and usually has everything ready for baby before the birth.

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 30th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Veteran
I'm about 19 weeks, and I'm not feeling any huge desire to nest yet. However, I think I've decided on a color scheme for the nursery- Gray and Yellow.
December 30th, 2011, 04:13 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
A little bit.
As I get bigger Its getting more painful with the Round ligaments already.
I asked DH to take the toddler rail off and put the crib rail back on the crib.
I am also wanting to take the MADISON off the wall in that room but I took the N down last week and we use really strong double sided tape and it took chunks of drywall with it.

I started to make baby a blanket.
But thats it I have not bought anything and all the baby stuff is still in the attic.

http://lindseysphotography.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search