Finally back...a long, sad month...(off topic - not baby related - very long)

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2011, 06:46 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I havent been around here in what seems like forever...it is nice to be back...

Anyway, baby is fine, but our poor little family has been a mess of chaos and stress and sadness...

In October, my MIL had hip replacement...she had been perfectly healthy before that...
Well, that started *something*...her platelet count wouldnt go up and she had to have mulitple blood transfusions and in general just felt terrible...they finally let her go home from rehab 2 weeks before Thanksgiving...even though she was still running a low grade fever, having night sweats, and in general feeling crummy...

We saw her the week before Thanksgiving and she looked horrible, we were going to wait to tell her about baby till Thanksgiving (to have a "turkey" theme going), but decided that it was more important to tell her right away - she was beyond thrilled...

That weekend, she was back in the hospital with pneumonia, by Wednesday, she was on a ventilator in the ICU - we rushed down and she seemed to be improving a little by Sunday though they were still having to give her a blood transfusion almost every day...then Monday, everything went really bad...white blood cell count skyrocketed, kidney failure, then organ failure...eventually a bone marrow biopsy determined that she had had dormant leukemia that had been "awakened" by the hip replacement, and with the pneumonia, had completely taken over her body...we had her rushed to a hospital closer to us which is one of the best in the country, however, by the next morning, they called to say that we had to rush over there or we wouldnt even have a chance to say goodbye...

We didnt even have time to drop Kaiden off with anyone, and she was gone within about 2 hours of us getting there...

From there is has been a mess of dealing with my husbands brother (and completely insane nearly 50 year old "girlfriend" - who we had never met before - who made me convulse into tears every day because she was so mean and accusatory toward us about everything), then a memorial where she lived, then up to Philly for the funeral, and spending time with my husbands 93 year old grandmother - who is not taking the loss well at all...and Kaiden not sleeping and us not sleeping, and stress and sadness...my MIL could be quite crazy when she wanted to be, but she loved me and absolutely adored Kaiden, and I will really miss that time that we shared, and the love that she gave to him...

Anyway, it is nice to be home and back to some semblance of normalcy...

Gonna end with a bit of good news...Level 2 U/S was yesterday and baby looks perfect (thank goodness!)...BUT, hubby requested that we NOT find out gender...so me - the most nosy, impatient person ever - I would start taking HPTs at 6DPO cause I couldnt hold out any longer just to give you an idea - am officially Team Green
December 30th, 2011, 06:51 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry for what you have been dealing with. So sorry for the loss of your MIL and for the way DH's brother and girlfriend behaved.

I'm so glad to have you back with us. You have been missed dearly. And i can't believe that your Team Green. No way could I not find out. Glad that baby is doing great!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 30th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My goodness, so sorry for your loss! Welcome back!
December 30th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Micksbabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been stalking here waiting for your update

So sorry to hear about your mil I just lost my grandpa and have been dealing with family issues since then too and it is not fair. I believe you should allow people to grieve and wait to deal with any matters until after that. Big hugs coming your way

I can't believe you are on team green!! I was waiting for your gender announcement and now I am going to have to until May!!!

Thank you Bokkechick for my gorgeous siggie

December 30th, 2011, 06:59 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I'm so sorry about your MIL. Welcome back and I hope the family settles back into life in order to heal. Hugs!

Glad the baby is doing well!!

December 30th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Super Mommy
What happened to your mil is horrible. My mother just had a replacement in Sept. and I couldn't imagine the consequences. I understand surgery of any sort can be traumatic for the body. But how the leukemia took over so quickly is shocking. How is your husband, is he managing? Your father in law? I'm sorry for Kaden too, I never knew how I would explain to my son why his grandparents died.

Good for baby!!
December 30th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry about your MIL!! That is such a sad situation and loss for you all.

Glad baby is doing well though!

December 30th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What an ordeal. I never heard of dormant leukemia before. How awful I am glad all the arrangements are done wit so you can be away from that awful girlfriend.

How exciting you are team green!
December 30th, 2011, 07:48 PM
KaiyaRae'sMomma's Avatar Forever missing Kaiya Rae
Welcome back Tanya. So sorry about the terrible ordeal. Team Green, wow!

Thank you Alethia for my siggy!

Read my blog: www.grievingmomma.wordpress.com
December 30th, 2011, 07:50 PM
maggzies's Avatar Veteran
So sorry to hear about your loss
It sucks that you had to deal with drama problems on top of all that, it seems like whenever someone passes somebody has to compound all the stress and sadness by acting out. :/
My thoughts are with you and your family.
On the bright side, congratulations on a healthy baby! I admire you for being able to go Team Green, I wouldn't be able to even if DF wanted me to, I have NO willpower at all.

December 30th, 2011, 08:00 PM
aka shawna
i'm so sorry to hear this. i hope someone had choice words for the 50 year old lady.thats the last thing you needed.

happy to hear baby is well!
December 30th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I could not ask for more.
I'm so sorry about your MIL, how terrible... Right around the holidays and everything.

I'm happy baby is doing well! I can't believe you are team green!!!

December 31st, 2011, 06:33 AM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
So sorry for the loss of your MIL. Healing thoughts to you and your family. Its a shame about the way your in-laws behaved. So sad how sometimes a death can bring out the worst in a family.

So glad that the baby is doing well. Good luck with "going green"!

December 31st, 2011, 07:25 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Great to have you back and wonderful how well baby is doing

So sorry to hear about your MIL.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
December 31st, 2011, 08:54 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
so very sorry to hear about your MIL, how sad.

I'm glad the baby's doing great, and congrats on team green.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
December 31st, 2011, 10:23 AM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
I'm very sorry to hear about your MIL! But I'm quite glad to hear the baby is doing well. I don't know if I could be team green- I don't have that kind of patience.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
December 31st, 2011, 11:07 AM
AmandaHugNKiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
:hugs: for you, my sweet.

ANd :O from me re: your green status! But, I think I totally understand. If you're anything like me (and I think you are!) despite your 'got to know every tiny detail and be master of my destiny' ways, if your partner wished this one thing in the midst of such pain from a sudden loss and all the drama - well, it's something you feel you can do for him to help him heal; to give him something to truly look forward to, that exciting moment of reveal when your baby has safely arrived.

Glad to see you back. And YAY for healthy baby!

DS4 has arrived! 18th May 2012. 9lb 1oz. Beautiful!

Breastfeeding, co-sleeping
December 31st, 2011, 05:39 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry to hear about your loss. It must be so difficult especially around the holidays. Your family will be in my thoughts.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
December 31st, 2011, 05:48 PM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
I'm so sorry for your loss. That sounds like a terrible ordeal

Welcome back and welcome to team green!
December 31st, 2011, 08:50 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the kind words and thoughts, they are much appreciated...I have really been looking forward to getting back here for sure!

And, as for Team Green, I'm going to need all the support I can get - it just might drive me crazy not to know

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search