I just adore...

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2011, 03:40 PM
mamaleddie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
watching Aaron bond with this baby! Every Tuesday he reads out loud the week of pregnancy I'm in from the week by week book I have. He is faithful about it! He rubs and kisses and snuggles my belly..force feeds me water, lol..takes such good care of 'us'...He is eager to wash his little clothes even though there's not enough for a full load yet, and is dying to put together the crib! What ways does your SO show his love?
Toni-Ann~10
Sicily Rae~7
Yasmine Joanne~5
Aaron Michael Junior~ONE!!!! Adalyn Marie-Morrison has arrived! 11/25/2013! 34 weeks..doing well!
December 31st, 2011, 05:03 PM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
Awww, that is so sweet.

As for us, we haven't done any real bonding type stuff yet. I'm still not showing a huge amount and we haven't seen the baby on u/s or explained to our son that there is a baby there. Hopefully after we have our u/s we'll spend more time bonding.
December 31st, 2011, 06:08 PM
beautyexists72's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So cute! I love it when DH has factoids about it that I don't even know!!

December 31st, 2011, 06:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So sweet! My DH just spends some time rubbing my belly, feeling kicks and talking to the baby every day. Usually just a few minutes before bed

December 31st, 2011, 08:01 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sweet! DH will put his mouth on my belly and talk to him. Yesterday he put on music on his iPhone and put the headphones up to my belly.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
December 31st, 2011, 08:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He helps around the house, runs errands, etc. And lately he's crazy bringing me home steak because of all the bleeding. Lol very protective.
January 1st, 2012, 05:56 AM
amandasue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to amandasue
Awe you guys make me JEALOUS!!! My husband isnt the softy type... He does absolutely nothing LOL He felt our youngest kick once I think, if that. And this time I told him to feel him kick a few days ago and he was like uh no thank you! Hes not emotional what so ever :'(
January 1st, 2012, 06:00 AM
~Always~Hoping~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH loves to get my weekly emails about babies development, he keeps track of how much water I drink, he's obsessed with that!! LOL. He does so much around the house and cant keep his hands off my belly!!

January 1st, 2012, 06:47 AM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
Jason has definitely gotten more lovey since we found out the gender. The best way he is connecting is with Jake. He talks to Jake about having a brother, tells Jake to say hi to baby brother in Mommy's belly, etc. It's pretty darn cute.

January 1st, 2012, 08:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
SO likes to kiss my belly... but I have to admit he can make it a lil embarrassing at times.... he will say "what can't I kiss my baby". He tries really hard, since he never got to be there much with his daughter, this seems pretty exciting to him. He does get impatient when he tries to feel her move though... he thinks it is supposed to happen instantly when he touches my belly, but baby girl has a mind of her own, lol. He likes to hold "us" at night.

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

January 1st, 2012, 08:29 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw! So sweet! My dh is not as into it as many, but he is much more supportive/into this pregnancy than the previous 2. He is willing to try to feel kicks/touch my belly now; which is huge for me. It goes so far for making me feel supported/loved; and that was something he wouldn't do before. So, even though I know it freaks him out to feel the kicks; the fact that he's doing it anyways wins him major brownie points.

January 1st, 2012, 09:49 AM
Awww, thanks for sharing ladies! Lately my 'lovey' hormones have been on overload I think what with the holidays and all, sigh..I just want everyone to be as happy in love as we are!!
Toni-Ann~10
Sicily Rae~7
Yasmine Joanne~5
Aaron Michael Junior~ONE!!!! Adalyn Marie-Morrison has arrived! 11/25/2013! 34 weeks..doing well!
January 1st, 2012, 10:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaleddie View Post
Awww, thanks for sharing ladies! Lately my 'lovey' hormones have been on overload I think what with the holidays and all, sigh..I just want everyone to be as happy in love as we are!!
You two look very happy in your pic!! I remember those days with my DH... all the lil stuff was a big deal. We were very much in love and could not stand to be apart... for almost 10 years! With SO and I it is different for so many reasons. I refrain myself a lot out of 1. Guilt and 2. fear. I care for him to no end and would be lost without him, but I have never in 2 1/2 years told him I love him... not because I don't have feelings that way.... grieving can be a slow process... it is a daily roller coaster ride and each at their own pace. SO does tell me daily over and over how muchhe loves me and my girls. We are fortunate to have him, but it is very different than with DH. What Dh and I had was very special... I miss that.

It absolutely thrills SO that I let my guard down enough to be having his baby. He is loving every minute of my being preggo.

It seems as though you have found that special someone!

Momma to

January 1st, 2012, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaof3girls View Post

It seems as though you have found that special someone!
Thanks! I think so too! My story is the exact opposite of yours! I was married for 15 years to a jerk face who just happened to be good at making babies! I was very alone in my marriage except for my kids, and was never wholeheartedly in love with him...such a waste of my youth except for my children. What happened with you ex? I hope you are able to come to love your new babies father and tell him so..I'm sure he would love that..it's not easy to find someone that not only loves you, but your children as well! I feel like I hit the jackpot..and got everything I'd been missing for the last 15 years of my life...
Toni-Ann~10
Sicily Rae~7
Yasmine Joanne~5
January 1st, 2012, 07:52 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's so sweet
This is VERY different for me. My ex was a jerk face. My last pregnancy I was completly alone. This time we were TTC. Mike is SO attentive. He is always rubbing and kissing at my belly. He reads those silly email updates...I very rarely do lol. He is jealous cause I can feel Jax move and he cant lol.
January 3rd, 2012, 09:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaleddie View Post
Thanks! I think so too! My story is the exact opposite of yours! I was married for 15 years to a jerk face who just happened to be good at making babies! I was very alone in my marriage except for my kids, and was never wholeheartedly in love with him...such a waste of my youth except for my children. What happened with you ex? I hope you are able to come to love your new babies father and tell him so..I'm sure he would love that..it's not easy to find someone that not only loves you, but your children as well! I feel like I hit the jackpot..and got everything I'd been missing for the last 15 years of my life...
He is not,in my mind really an ex.... my DH passed away a few years ago. I was very much in love with him and he with me. People would comment on our relationship a lot. So grief takes its toll in every aspect of life to some extent and then there is always some guilt. My girls love SO very much. I don't push the issue... they have come around on their own. They are fully aware of who Daddy is and how much he dearly loved and took care of them (he was a wonderful daddy), but they realize that mommy needs someone and have accepted SO into our lives with much love. He is very understanding of my girls' daddy and we talk of him often, which is really good therapy for my girls. Yes, I am very thankful to have found someone who can not only love and adore me but my girls as well. I am so sorry for your experience, but am excited for you to be so very blessed now!!

Momma to

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search