Is it bad...?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2011, 03:47 PM
LindseyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LindseyB
That I feel more attached to this baby than I ever did with karmen when I was pregnant with her? I've been feeling guilty about that lately but I think it's all circumstance. I was younger with her and dh and I were in kind of a bad place in our relationship my last trimester and it was harder to focus on her with all our arguments.

Anyone else feel differently with this pregnancy than last?

[

FOLLOW ME @ http://www.sweetnsourmom.blogspot.com
December 31st, 2011, 04:01 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I know I got super attached when I started feeling good movement from DS. I'm starting to feel it from this baby.

This time I've faced problems with the placenta and an upcoming c section and that's made a bit of a damper be put on this pregnancy. I'm loving the fact that she's a girl and I can't wait to feel more at ease with what I'm going through.

It's understandable that when you life is in a better place that you feel more attached to the pregnancy. That's normal, I think.

December 31st, 2011, 04:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think it's normal to feel differently with each pregnancy. It's not bad at all to feel less or more attached, etc.

December 31st, 2011, 04:35 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's normal. I have felt guilt this pregnancy for a different reason. It took me a lot longer to get attached to this baby than my other two.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
December 31st, 2011, 04:43 PM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
Quote:
Originally Posted by bking View Post
I think it's normal. I have felt guilt this pregnancy for a different reason. It took me a lot longer to get attached to this baby than my other two.
I'm still not attached. Maybe because I'm not really feeling a lot of movement yet? Maybe because I haven't had an ultrasound to actually SEE the baby? I know I started getting very attached to my son when I saw him on the ultrasound and could really feel him moving around. I hope I can start getting attached soon, after my ultrasound and feeling movement.
January 1st, 2012, 12:40 AM
StephL's Avatar Veteran
It took me longer to get attached at first, but everytime my DD tells me she loves me or gives me an unprovoked hug, I find myself rubbing my belly and imagining that soon I will have one more love-of-my-life babies in my house That has been making the attachment now feel stronger than the first pregnancy - because I know what will eventually come
January 1st, 2012, 05:03 AM
amandasue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to amandasue
I dont think its bad at all. Im not really feeling attached to this baby as I did with my last. This pregnancy Im not even barely showing or have gained any weight. I think that is my problem. I dont look or feel pregnant besides food smells make me sick. But, I feel him... and I know his sleep schedule but its not anything like either of my last two pregnancies. Every pregnancy is different and your love for each child is different, not that you love one more than the other. Its just different! I hope you ladies start not feeling so guilty! You cant help your emotions!
January 1st, 2012, 10:44 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can understand that, I'm in a pretty similar place myself. I didn't have as much time to feel excited about ds2 because of the extra drama we had going on, and I didn't have hardly any support/help from DH. I felt guilty about bringing another child into DS1's life too. I have a little bit of that mommy guilt about bringing another baby in; but we are in a much better emotional place; and I am generally enjoying this pregnancy a lot more. I know that regardless of how I feel on the rougher days though;once I met Logan, I was totally in love and connected, and I will love this baby with all my heart too once I get to meet her.

January 1st, 2012, 11:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have guilt for different reasons as well.... but emotions as they may be are normal. My girls don't know yet and DD3 keeps telling me I'm your baby mommy.... talk about guilt. She has been the baby for 5 years.

I am getting excited a lil more each time I feel her or we pass another milestone and I think my attachment is growing from that. We still haven't announced yet. I return to work tomorrow and know ppl will in fact notice now... I am a lil worried. I am also scared of what my family's reaction will be since we already have 6 at home + SO daughter, so this will be 8. When I MC in May I was beside myself praying that God did know what he was doing.... 7 + twins... I was freaking out at the thought... left me with guilt.

Each of my pregnancies have been different emotions depending on where we were in life and our relationship... but I love them each dearly. I try to take a deep breath and remind myself that everything happens the way it is supposed to. You will surely adore your baby!!!

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

January 1st, 2012, 11:01 AM
Veteran
I don't think it's bad either. I am feeling less attached to this pregnancy than I did the last time, not sure why. Maybe because I'm not feeling any good movements yet? Or I'm also pre-occupied with DS this time? Either way, I'm sure I'll love her just as much once she's here
Amanda - Wife to Ray, Mommy to DS #1 - Rocky (7/12/10). Baby #2 due 5/26/12!!
January 1st, 2012, 01:56 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I defiantly do. I kept myself at a distance with Julian almost my whole pregnancy. As soon as he was born it was totally different. This baby I am already way excited. I have never TTC until this child, not that it makes it different at all, but with Toryn I wasn't "allowed to tell" for quite sometime, Julian it was a bad bad situation and Ethan I was super young. This, is a totally different experience for me
January 1st, 2012, 06:09 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was super attached to both my previous two from the start, and this one I feel really quite unattached, and I've felt guilty about that this whole time. I'm starting to feel a little more because of the movement, but it's still not the same as how I felt last time. Then again last time everything was about the pregnancy... this time I have a kid running around.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
January 1st, 2012, 06:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm more attached to this baby than I was with the other two which is ironic because this is the first baby I wasn't trying for - well, I definitely didn't want to be pregnant at this time with this one and the other two I was happy even though we weren't actively TTC. DH and I are married now and even thoug we are poor and DH is pretty much jobless, we are together forever finally and it feels good.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

January 2nd, 2012, 04:02 PM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
I definitely feel different this time around. I don't feel quite as attached. I think maybe I just have a lot more going on this time around. And it seems this pregnancy is coming with a few more stressors. I think with #1 I was a little more in awe of the whole idea of a new baby. This time I'm a little more focusing on the practicality of it all and the changes it will mean for the family as a whole. I mean, don't get me wrong, I want this baby more than anything, and know that I will love it immensely. But that is an example, I still find myself saying "it" even though the tech seemed pretty sure I've got a little boy in there. I think the ultrasound was a little of a disappointment so that didn't help. The tech was having a hard time getting the measurements she needed, so I didn't really get to just enjoy it. And she never really seemed sure about the gender. I'm thinking I may see if Mom might get me an independent scan as a late birthday present. Maybe that would help.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search