Spotting/Good Ultrasound (TMI)

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2011, 06:34 PM
So, I was just wondering if anyone else can relate to this and possibly make me feel any better about this situation that I'm in. Currently I am 22w3d along. I had a good u/s at 18 weeks, no placenta problems to be seen (stat because doc was having trouble getting a decent sounding heartbeat on his doppler) Friday I was scheduled to go in and have my big growth/gender scan.. the night before i wiped and saw a small amount of pink discharge- about the size of a dime on the paper- and started to investigate as not to overreact if it was coming from somewhere else. i used a q-tip and did find it was coming from the vaginal area. after that it was so little amount that unless i pushed up in a little bit, nothin would even show on the paper. and it did turn to brown

after calling the doctor, he told me to rest, take it easy as it was 11pm. The next morning i went in for a pelvic exam prior to my scan, he said he couldnt see anything and it wasnt coming from my cervix. he did do a swab to send to the lab(will find out tuesday) the doppler did find a good steady hb.

went in for the scan, everything looked good. found out we are having a baby boy everything was great, went home and rested.

today i went to the store, shopped for about 3 hours with my mom.. came home and noticed another small amount of pink. same senario, hardly any and mainly cant notice unless pushing up in or using a qtip.

Family keeps saying to rest and not to worry as i have no cramping or heavy bleeding.. but i just feel terrified to do anything. didnt call the doc back because honestly i feel there isnt really anything that i can do but rest as this point.

anyone have any insight on this? I'm trying not to stress but that is proving to be quite hard. Thanks for any comments
December 31st, 2011, 07:57 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think at about ten weeks I had some brown spotting. Not a whole bunch. I went in the next day and did my pap smear early and he said all looked good. He said not to be too concerned that it happens because pregnancy is such a vascular thing.

I would just try to rest.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
December 31st, 2011, 11:25 PM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
I agree that resting is probably the best thing for you. I also wouldn't be inserting anything up in there. It could introduce bacteria into your body.
January 1st, 2012, 06:36 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I agree with resting and make sure you are drinking lots of water.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
January 1st, 2012, 08:23 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it sounds like you and baby are ok. Maybe you are just overdoing it a bit, and there is a LOT more blood flow happening down there than normal. I agree with plenty of rest and plenty of water. Boring, but that's one of the best treatments for most of our pregnancy ailments.

January 1st, 2012, 08:28 AM
Super Mommy
Ditto. Just rest and monitor. But I would call your doc with each episode because they may suggest something else/another test/or scan to monitor you for now.
January 1st, 2012, 02:21 PM
Treysmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Luking from the Jan 12 DDC and Oct 10 PR........when I was pregnant with my first son I had bleeding all the way up until I delivered him and no one could tell me where it was comming from. Sometimes they dont always know. Try to relax and take it easy. I know much easier said than done. But bleeding doesnt always mean something is wrong.

Thank you Chelsea for my beautiful siggy!!
January 1st, 2012, 03:32 PM
beautyexists72's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Rest, rest, rest!

January 1st, 2012, 05:53 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I say rest and drink plenty of water. I had some bleeding with DS and dr. couldn't find any cause for it. Sounds like baby boy is doing great. Congratulations on your sweet baby boy!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search