Elimination Communication

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2012, 10:33 AM
KaiyaRae'sMomma's Avatar Forever missing Kaiya Rae
Because someone mentioned this in the Walking Wings thread:

Elimination communication - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I wouldn't do it, not for me...but I've heard of it from other ladies on JM and I guess in Western cultures its very popular either due to lack of diapers (third world) or just cultural views and methods.

Thank you Alethia for my siggy!

Read my blog: www.grievingmomma.wordpress.com
January 1st, 2012, 10:46 AM
Super Mommy
I think it's interesting. It peaks my curiosity..I would read about some more. I don't know if it's for us, but I'll read almost anything. I'd love to save on diapers.
January 1st, 2012, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had an online friend who did it. It seemed like a ton or work and extra stress and mess. Definetly not my thing.
January 1st, 2012, 12:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It's a lot of work, but can be done successfully. DH never wore diapers (grew up in Korea in the country), so his mom did it. His sisters and him were all fully potty trained by a year old. It's just reading your baby's facial signals and other signals (ie: face turns red when they are about to poop, etc) and getting them to the potty on time. You can also make sounds like "shhh" which they'll associate with peeing and do when they hear the sound.

Both my girls were fully potty trained by 18 months, so I never tried EC. I know from friends who have done it that you have to really pay attention to your LO to learn their cues, etc. I've had a lot of friends kinda do it while potty training as well (just doing the sounds, etc) but not going diaper less or anything.

January 1st, 2012, 01:04 PM
Veteran
It intrigues me, but I don't think it would work for us since I'm at work three days a week.
Amanda - Wife to Ray, Mommy to DS #1 - Rocky (7/12/10). Baby #2 due 5/26/12!!
January 1st, 2012, 01:52 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In a way it is similar to what with do with our kiddos at work. I tried and begged Julians dad to let me train him when he was ready and it would be done in 2 days, but he did it on his own and to this day we still have freaking accidents. I am not a big potty trainer/pusher. I just like it done between close to 3 and right after. DD did train at 2.5, Ethan was just turned 3.
January 1st, 2012, 02:59 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Not for me.

I let my daughter teach herself to use the potty and because she was fully ready and wanted to do it. She only had about 4-5 accidents and that was it.
At night I put a pull up on her because I have to lock her in her room but when she stays at my parents my mom doesnt put one on and she gets up and goes to the bathroom. But my mom sleeps with her so when she stays my mom will tell her to get up and use the bathroom.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
January 1st, 2012, 03:35 PM
I could not ask for more.
Not for me. Too much work! Lol

January 1st, 2012, 04:18 PM
aka shawna
i can see the benefits...but, for me, i still remember the day my daughter called me in to the bathroom to look at her poo poo and pee pee. she was beyond chuffed with herself. its an amazing milestone, one i would not want to push, or stress, especially if it took the smile off your kids face the day they did it on their own.
January 1st, 2012, 05:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've thought about it, but I'd rater just use cloth diapers and train when they are ready. One of friends from high school dis it with her daughter mostly. She's expecting again, so I wonder if she'll do it with number two. It's pretty easy to watch one kids, but harder with two.
My DH didn't wear diapers either (grew up in Laos and Thailand) and I asked him how his mom did it and he said that she just seemed to know when the babies needed to go. She used the sounds too.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
January 1st, 2012, 05:55 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not for me. Looks like way too much work.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 1st, 2012, 08:30 PM
mommy2mykiddos's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ew.
January 1st, 2012, 08:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know a few people that used it successfully. They all happened to be girls, but I assume boys can do it too of course. I think I am too lazy for it. I like cloth diapers too, and poo doesn't bother me. I dunno, I have too much to do and rather spend extra time teaching him things, which is what I did
January 2nd, 2012, 01:49 AM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
TOTALLY not for me. Strange.

}

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search