thinking ahead/shopping

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2012, 11:15 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was shopping yesterday, and got to thinking about how soon our babies will be here...which led me to thinking about my time in the hospital. I'm thinking about buying one of those pretty hospital designer gowns, something like this: Maternity Hospital Gown in Black Damask Your choice of by modmum
as something to deliver in and sleep in; and will probably do yoga pants and some kind of comfy shirt during the day. I'm one of those women that takes my hair straightener and makeup to the hospital; bc I just feel better when I look put together. (I'd also like to get a blanket/flower headband/baby hat/something that coordinates with it for baby.) Are you going to or have you previously brought your own gowns to deliver in? Did you like it and was it worth the money?

January 1st, 2012, 11:45 AM
Scoobyrae1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't last time because there is all kinds of fluids and jazz going on and I would hate to buy something like that and then get gross stuff all over it. But they are very pretty and I could see them making a lady feel nice and more put together.

Thanks jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

January 1st, 2012, 11:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nope, never done that. My friend had a home birth, and she did it. I never wanted to spend money on that sort of thing. Id rather get a really pretty nursing gown and robe set for the hospital that I can use at home after...for after the birth. its always nice to have something that makes you feel pretty during those post partum nights when your sleep deprived, still floppy, and leaking milk. And also when people are visiting a lot. Most nursing gowns I've had look like a crazy mumu. My dh hates them. Lol there are some online I wanted lasttime... id love to slurge this time and get one.
January 1st, 2012, 01:07 PM
Veteran
This is cute! I didn't have one last time but I agree I bet it would make you feel more put together and pretty I am considering getting one this time, I'll have to see if it's in the budget.
Amanda - Wife to Ray, Mommy to DS #1 - Rocky (7/12/10). Baby #2 due 5/26/12!!
January 1st, 2012, 01:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've never used one. I wore the regular hospital gown with Lily and she came out pooping, so I was glad that I had that on Vi was a home birth and I just had on a short nightgown.

January 1st, 2012, 01:49 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've taken my make up and hair stuff, every time, but never done it lol. I'll probably take it again this time "just in case". I typically just have cuter cheap PJs to wear.
January 1st, 2012, 02:56 PM
I could not ask for more.
I never bought a hospital gown but I did buy cotton night gowns (short though like to my knees) for the hospital and home. I wore that mostly and comfortable pants while in the hospital and when I got home for the first week. I will just use the same ones (I still have them) I hate the hospital gown but I needed quick access and nothing pressing on my csection wound so those cotton night gowns were awesome. As far as makeup and stuff - pfft. I won't be bringing any of that stuff. I don't care what I look after I give birth. Lol

January 1st, 2012, 03:12 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
I just wore the hospital gown- it was easier and I didn't care what I got on it! The one thing I did was buy Depends. They were great for the PP mess and I didn't ruin my good underwear. As for the makeup, I don't wear it regularly so it was not a need I did bring a nice flavored Chapstick and a hairtie to make me happy. I also recommend a pillow from home for the homey feeling.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
January 1st, 2012, 03:13 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I wore the hospital gown while giving birth but once they moved me to recovery I changed into what I wear at home as jammies (Baggy T-shirt and elastic waste pants).
I think I took my make up and hair dryer but I was in so much pain and in and out of the shower to help make my stiches feel better that it never got used.

Money is really tight so I wont be buying a hospital gown. But I am hoping to have a water birth and I see a huge hospital gown being all wet from the water really anoying so I was planning on bringing a couple old T shirts or maybe going to walmart and getting some cheap spagetti strap shirts. After the birth I see doing the same as I did with DD the T shirt and elastic waste pants. I remember trying to fight with the hospital gown to nurse her and was so glad I brought clothing from home.

Im more worried about things like HUGE pads since I was limited on how many I was allowed to have with DD (I had some crappy nurses and glad im not giving birth at that hospital again).
Slippers/flip flops because I got so swollen after DD was born I could not get my shoes on when it was time to leave.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
January 1st, 2012, 04:28 PM
aka shawna
i'm the type that just wears an old t-shirt and sweat pants in my everyday existance, so i'll probably pass on the gown. plus, my boobs leaked something awful right after i had sky. i went through alot of shirts! so i'll just pack extra breast pads, something i had no idea about the first time around!
January 1st, 2012, 05:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I thought about it but I'll probably skip it. First time was August so I just wore the hospital stuff. They can wash it. Second time was February so I brought some cheap sweat pants from Walmart for after birth. This time I'll probably do the same. The hospital just has light cotton gowns and robes - nothing really warm.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
January 1st, 2012, 05:31 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, with my last, I had 2 super comfy stretchy nightgowns and matching yoga pants for under, with a cute robe. It was comfy, but ended up showing a LOT more boob than I wanted/was comfortable with around visitors. So I'm wanting something just as comfy, but more presentable. They are a little pricey, so I'm not sure I will be able to afford anything like this.

January 1st, 2012, 05:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No gowns here.... money is always tight and I don't like to splurge on me... just the kids, lol. I love the depends idea. I hadn't thought of that. I always feel horrible and in pain so I really don't care what I look like. Baby will love me the same either way. I always need lots of nursing pads because I leak like crazy. I normally wear big T's and stretch pants of the evenings and bedtime so I will do the same for the hospital because they are comfy. I have always taken my pillow and blanket from home... comfort for momma!

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

January 1st, 2012, 05:50 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wanted one last time but I'm glad I didn't get one. Jackson's birth was messy and I got the hospital gown pretty dirty..lol. so I think I will just the hospital gown again but I think the ones you buy are much cuter.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 2nd, 2012, 02:16 AM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
I can't see paying $$ for something I will wear once and not even long at that. My last labor was 4 hours and every delivery I've had has been super bloody. The gown I wear to deliver in gets tossed and I have to get cleaned up before settling in after.

I think I'll buy some cute comfy stretchy pj pants with matching tshirt like deal and some warm fuzzy socks. I'm always super super cold when in the hospital. I'd rather be warm and comfy.

}
January 2nd, 2012, 08:19 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I thought about it, but then yeah, Kate peed and pooped all over me soon as she came out so good thing it was a hospital gown. LOL I think this time I'll just bring something comfy to wear once that part is done. But I do remember my lady bits were really sore and it was kind of nice to stay in a gown so I could sit on an ice pack the entire time. Plus I usually had the gown off my top half because I was nursing a ton and when I wasn't nursing her she was asleep on my bare chest. But I was only in the hospital for 36 hours - if it were longer I'd be much more comfortable in sweatpants and a shirt.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search