c section mommies

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2012, 05:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I find myself really fussy on the pain after the c section. But the other thread got me thinking... did you fnd pj pants painful after your section? For the life of me, I can't remember. Amnesia is great isn't it? Lol
January 1st, 2012, 07:44 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
I wore yoga pants from Victoria secret after my csection. They worked for me. I think it was about 2 weeks before I tried for jeans of any kind.
January 1st, 2012, 07:47 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just want to say, KUDOS to you for that after pain. It made my belly turn just thinking of it.
January 1st, 2012, 08:04 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had mine is 2005 and I don't recall!

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
January 1st, 2012, 08:13 PM
Karine119's Avatar SAHM of 3 Drama Queens!
Send a message via AIM to Karine119 Send a message via MSN to Karine119 Send a message via Yahoo to Karine119
I wore nice, soft jersey pj pants after my last two (within hours of delivery) and I found them to be my favorite with the incision. Mine had a thin drawstring tie on them and I found the right spot to tie them so they were not too tight, but not falling off. To go home in I got wide waist band drawstring sweats with all three girls.

January 1st, 2012, 08:22 PM
mommy2mykiddos's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use the really soft PJ pants with and extremely stretchy waist, those were fine. Anything tight was horrendous.
January 1st, 2012, 08:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
you know, I have no idea ...
January 2nd, 2012, 08:06 AM
aka shawna
i wore maternity yoga pants and pjs just fine. jeans were ok after a week or so.
January 2nd, 2012, 08:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I wore my maternity jogging pants for about two weeks after. Underwear was tough for me so I snagged some extra gauze undies from the hospital. They helped but when they were stuck to the incision...YIKES!
January 2nd, 2012, 08:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Haha, my c section was last january! Can't believe I'm having issues remembering. I harassed dh last night for questions. He promised me that I was not in extreme amounts of pain, and they had trouble getting me to chill out and rest. So, glad I'm not just blocking pain. He said I was great until about 24 hrs out when the longterm morphine wore off. Then I needed the pain meds. I do remember lifting my legs on the shower wall to shave them, and the nurse flipping out. I needed more ?meds about and hour after that. Haha, guess I'm not a good patient. He did say I wore pj pants and yoga pants once I was allowed up. Oh, for the stitches sticking, the ladies had my take a pad and stick it to the inside of those guaze undies to keep things from sticking to my incision. Ingenious! I'm glad dh remembers the specfics of the aftermath, because mommy amnesia is a real thing. Haha
January 2nd, 2012, 09:57 AM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
I wore baggy pj pants with no problem (I wore them during the pregnancy). I wore yoga pants at home for a long time. I know I didn't like anything tight for a while.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
January 2nd, 2012, 10:53 AM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a question for C section mommies too. but mine is off topic.... when you have a C section do you also bleed down stairs for a few weeks??? or does that part not happen??? I have wondered this as while but don't want to ask anyone IRL lol

January 2nd, 2012, 11:19 AM
Super Mommy
original question- I wear yoga pants too. Thin stretchy pants are best for a little while, but I also wore high snug underwear, it made me feel like I would have less movement around my incision.

Question 2 muffin- I bled for about 10 days. Wipe with wet ones a lot and used cooling cloths sometimes. It was different than period blood.

Just a tip-my husband bought me some stretchy maternity pants from sear that I love, and going to buy another pair. I feel like I have nothing on. It's great. The brand is Two hearts, made in Egypt...just in case anyone needs a pair

Last edited by PIP; January 2nd, 2012 at 11:21 AM.
January 2nd, 2012, 11:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I still had pp bleeding as well. Maybe a little less, but not by much.
January 2nd, 2012, 01:13 PM
i actually wore the yoga pants DURING my hospital stay, as soon as i was cleared to get up and shower ( so i think after about 24 hours of my surgery) i changed out of the crappy gowns and into my yoga pants and tank tops and wore them the remainder of my stay ( 3 more days).

I dont recall being in extreme amounts of pain, but it was hard to walk and stand up straight, but just pants resting on me was just fine, and im pretty sure i was able to wear the yoga pants pretty low so it didnt bother me.
January 2nd, 2012, 04:18 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
So they vacuum you out so you don't bleed as long? Right? That's a plus. I'm trying to think of positives to my upcoming c section since I am new to the idea.

What if I hike my pants up over the incision? Think that will hurt? Or is it just the waistband on it that hurts.

January 2nd, 2012, 04:25 PM
Super Mommy
You don't want the waist of any pant being on your incision. Just let it loose.

Mine leaked a couple of times. I didn't want anything snug.
January 2nd, 2012, 04:31 PM
aka shawna
i bled for 4 weeks.. which was a real shocker for me, because i had no idea about the whole bleeding bit after birth. about 12 hours after my cection i had a shower, there were clots all over the floor. i freaked out and thought it was my incision, and told my hubby not to tell anyone, cause i was scared and stupid. of course he told, and they told me what it was, and i was soooo embarrassed!
January 2nd, 2012, 06:27 PM
Karine119's Avatar SAHM of 3 Drama Queens!
Send a message via AIM to Karine119 Send a message via MSN to Karine119 Send a message via Yahoo to Karine119
I bled at most for a week or 2 with each of my three sections. Though even my OB was shocked it stopped so fast, but even my incisions healed amazingly.

January 2nd, 2012, 07:17 PM
i bled for about a week after my c section, but it was light.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search