Registry ideas?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2012, 11:47 AM
What are the best products to go on a baby reigstry? It's been so long since I had babies so I don't really remember. Plusss... there are so many new things! Things like best swings (are side to side better, front to back?)Best bottles for less gas, colic, reflux, etc? My girls were born with milk allergy and reflux which didn't allow me to breastfeed (I would finish and they would projectile vomit)... anyway, I wanna be prepared this time, just in case. Thanks!

Logan 7, Matty (S/D) 6, Faith 5, Hope 4, and soon to be Macy Autumn

January 2nd, 2012, 12:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I always recommend new moms not to put clothes on their registries - you'll get a ton of that anyway. If you really want to register for clothes, put bigger sizes on there - just my opinion. Also, we really liked out swing that goes front to back and side by side. It's made by Fisher Price.
My second son had a milk intolerance too and reflux but I just took all dairy out of my diet and he was like a new baby.
Good luck!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
January 2nd, 2012, 12:33 PM
Scoobyrae1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We like Dr. Browns bottles.
For most things, I read the reviews people have posted in the websites to see what they say. I find that most people are pretty honest with what they think.

Thanks jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

January 2nd, 2012, 12:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I like the breastflow bottles! Its what caroline uses. I love that its the same action as nursing and I feel like it exercises their oral muscles like nursing does. Definetly no clothes, lol.
January 2nd, 2012, 12:57 PM
Thanks, guys!

Logan 7, Matty (S/D) 6, Faith 5, Hope 4, and soon to be Macy Autumn

January 2nd, 2012, 02:23 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
ive heard a lot of great things from the tommee tippee bottles, they are new since my kids were born. But i used playtex drop ins with both of my kids, mainly because i breastfed ds, and when i would bottle feed him, i just used what i already had instead of buying new ones, but sine i dont have any this time, i plan on trying those.

also, i had a fisher price swing, and it went side by side and front to back, but really i dont think it makes a difference. it was nice that it plugged into the wall though, so i didnt have to waste batteries.

video monitors, i plan on getting one, i used the motion sensor ones with my other two, but being in a new house our layout is different and it would make me feel better to be able to see baby.

halo sleep sacks, they are great from newborn to like 18 months, they also make ones now with swaddles. i hate recieving blankets, but love the big plush blankets.

booster seats ( for the kitchen table) , sippy cups, plates, utensils, bowls with lids. People forget that babies quickly grow up and dont think to put stuff like that on there, even though kids start using them all around 6 months. i always buy these things as baby shower gifts, since they are so important.

for diaper bags, i loved the skip hop bags, becuase they had buckles that clipped onto the strollers and shopping carts at stores.

bottle brushes, forumla dispensers, binky holders, large bibs ( the ones that look like towels with holes cut out, those small bibs never do anything to protect clothing.
January 2nd, 2012, 02:31 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
there is a great book called Baby Bargains http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Bargains-...5539837&sr=8-1

I used that when doing my registry for DS. It compares all types of products and gives you the best one to purchase for your money.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 2nd, 2012, 05:07 PM
Super Mommy
Boppy with extra cover, video monitor, playpen, spoons, extra sheets, mattress covers, at least 2, I wouldn't get diapers because your child may be allergic to certain brands, like mine. So this time I'm only getting seventh generation like I did with my son. . . no chlorine. These we're my favorite things. I have two boppies. OH and I loved my baby bjorn bouncy.
January 2nd, 2012, 05:38 PM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
We use our video monitor even now. Def worth the $$$
Also don't forget bibs and burp cloths. You can never have too many of those.
Receiving blankets and hooded towels/wash cloths.
Tons of lotion, shampoo, baby wash stuff.
I think the only clothes I put are socks , sleep sacs , gowns that have the fold over hand part or the side snap body suits/t shirts so you don't have to pull clothing over their heads.
We like advent bottles for our kiddos.

And grab a temporal arterial thermometer. best thing we bought on our own.

}
January 2nd, 2012, 07:08 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have always used the playtex drop ins...LOVE EM. Except with my last, had to use Dr. Browns and hated them.
Baby first aid kit, baby proofing items...plus all else that was mentioned. I love gowns and sleep sacks, hooded towels, receiving blankets (I use those are burp cloths!), fuzzy soft blankets lol, I like to cuddle baby in them when I am holding them A carrier or sling if you want one, if you are nursing stuff for your breasts, pacifiers (a couple different types, I always use mam, but also like NUK). Eh, IDK what else. Its fun, just walk around and SCAN! Ohhhh and a baby book!
January 2nd, 2012, 08:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Definetly make sure the swing you get plugs into the wall! Triple check that! My sons didn't, and it was a nightmare. Always, it seemed it would die when he was most fussy and I was the most exhausted. also, both the front and back and the side to side movement. Wyatt only liked front to back, and caroline liked side to side. Ours was fisher price. Also, take a good look at the rock n play sleeper. Make yor own call, but caroline loved hers and I was so happy to have it.

We have a temperal artery thermometer and I can't get a decent reading! Soo frustrated. I think its the exergen one. It was recommended well. I think I'm doing it wrong?
January 2nd, 2012, 09:18 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Be wary of the ear thermometers. They don't fit properly in young babies (or small childrens) ears often and if baby has an ear infection it'll give you an inaccurate reading.

As for the temporal, you can also just use it behind the ear at the bottom I also like the good ol rectal ones. Simple, cheap and the most accurate. However, NOT easy to do on a bigger fussier baby!
January 2nd, 2012, 09:34 PM
Karine119's Avatar SAHM of 3 Drama Queens!
Send a message via AIM to Karine119 Send a message via MSN to Karine119 Send a message via Yahoo to Karine119
I think if you want something different than a swing the MamaRoo is amazing, it has 5 motions I believe. I think it is what we are going to try and get. Everything everyone has mentioned is great. We also lived in gowns and pjs for the first few months until it was warmer, so those are great. I also loved the Playtex drop ins, but I also used the Medela bottles that came with my pump.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search