Would you start buying and stocking up?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2012, 04:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just wondering if you think it would be crazy and way too early to start stocking up on DIAPERS Sometimes I see a good sale, but I just don't know if I should start stocking up, in the case if something bad were to happen. I wouldn't want to end up with boxes of diapers in the house! Also with clothes, have you started buying?
January 2nd, 2012, 04:35 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
lurking from april DDC (probably would be giving birth in may if I weren't having a planned section)

I already have a full wardrobe until 9 months for this baby, and have started stocking formula and have a few bags of diapers as well. I plan on buying way more diapers when I have extra $$. I started buying baby stuff the week I found out it was a girl (so 19 weeks) and at 23 weeks now have EVERYTHING she could possibly need so no your not crazy

January 2nd, 2012, 04:35 PM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
I got a ton of diapers for gifts with DS. It was so great to have them on hand and not have to buy for the first several months. I don't think it would be bad to have them. If something bad happened, you could easily donate them somewhere and at least they would go to a good cause.

I didn't by any clothes until after my baby showers. People love buying clothes so it is good to find out what you will get before spending your own money. JMO

January 2nd, 2012, 04:50 PM
Veteran
We're getting a full set of gently used cloth diapers from my sister, so we're not planning to stock up on disposables. I am thinking about stocking up on household goods like toilet paper, toothpaste, dish soap, laundry soap in the months before the baby is born so that we can spread some of our household costs over time and won't have to worry about running out for TP when we have a tiny baby.
January 2nd, 2012, 05:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If you have the room and the money, I don't why not if you see a really good deal. We don't use many disposables, but we use them for going out and trips. I had just opened a large box of pampers and my son started breaking out from them. I sold them on craigslist pretty easily.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
January 2nd, 2012, 05:23 PM
aka shawna
i think its a great idea as well as picking little things up at every grocery trip, like baby wipes, soap, diaper rash stuff, even breast pads and lanisoh. with our first we had everything we needed for a year. it was wonderful!
January 2nd, 2012, 05:30 PM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
I started with diapers. I was thinking about formula too but how do I know what to get? My last had extreme projectile vomiting and could not tolerate the regular iron formula. I was thinking of avoiding the iron and going with a gentlese or AR like she had? I just dunno what to do.

}
January 2nd, 2012, 07:02 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would Even if you get like 30 packs of size 1 at your shower, you can always exchange them for another size Pampers, huggies and Luvs are sold like everywhere so you can easily exchange those.
PS I have used EVERY brand of diaper imaginable and fell in LOVE with targets brand with my last baby!
January 2nd, 2012, 08:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We use cloth diapers, so I don't stock up on disposables. I'm baby/kid clothing obsessed though and have definitely started buying clothing. I tend to buy only one or two seasons ahead, since some babies/kids have massive growth spurts and skip entire sizes. February is usually a good month for baby clothes, most stores like Gap, Gymboree, Janie & Jack, etc have a big baby sale at some point in Feb. that beats a lot of their other sales throughout the year.

January 2nd, 2012, 08:31 PM
Lisa H's Avatar Super Mommy
I bought a stash of 20 cloth diapers the week I found out I was pregnant.
Clothes are harder to find since I don't like baby clothes, I want regular clothes in baby sizes. I also need gender neutral clothes because we are not finding out the gender.
I grab a few little things every time I go out to the store. And baby's room is done! I finished painting the walls and putting the furniture together yesterday.
January 2nd, 2012, 08:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I' I've already started! I have breastpads, nb outfits, 0-3 mo stuff, and some 3-6 mo stuff. I buuy as I see things. I just went and cleared out target, lol! Haven't started diapers yet, but I will soon. I usually get a pack whenever I'm out and have a coupon until the birth. Its awsome to have it all on hand. I didn't buy diapers until caroline was 5 months old!
January 2nd, 2012, 08:56 PM
Karine119's Avatar SAHM of 3 Drama Queens!
Send a message via AIM to Karine119 Send a message via MSN to Karine119 Send a message via Yahoo to Karine119
We will do all our shopping with our tax return. Well be stocking boy clothing and cloth diapers. If we were using disposables we would have already started grabbing some. I also agree with Amanda I have tried every brand and Target was our favorite for disposables. Formula is a little harder because all three of my girls have had to use different brands.

January 2nd, 2012, 09:12 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Formula I used the wal mart brand lol
January 2nd, 2012, 09:22 PM
Karine119's Avatar SAHM of 3 Drama Queens!
Send a message via AIM to Karine119 Send a message via MSN to Karine119 Send a message via Yahoo to Karine119
We used Enfamil with my oldest, then like 10 different brands with our middle who finally could only deal with the Walgreens brand and then Kay had reflux and we tried 4 different brands and finally the one WIC gave us (now Carnation Good Start) worked for her.

January 2nd, 2012, 09:28 PM
MommytoMandL's Avatar Super Mommy
I have my whole cloth stash done already, for both kids, and I won't buy any clothes until we know the gender

January 2nd, 2012, 09:47 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
any time there are good deals on diapers, we are getting them 0 you can never have enough diapers!
January 2nd, 2012, 10:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would suggest just stocking up on the ar or goodstart if you know you'll be using formula at some point. We got some for caroline jic, but never used it. That way you know whatever your using is the gentle version anyway. They're the same cost right? Wyatt had reflux and had formula for a short time. We loved the goodstart. I had a hemoraige a week pp and spent several days in icu on meds that forced a pump and dump. It killed my supply and took forever to get it back up.
January 2nd, 2012, 10:34 PM
I haven't stocked up on Diapers, but yeah if i find a good deal for baby Clothes i do buy them.
January 2nd, 2012, 10:38 PM
Veteran
*lurker from June* I agree with a PP about being able to resell them if you end up not using them. You won't get full cost back but if you knock 5 bucks off the general cost in stores they will be gone quick! I *still* have newborn size diapers from when my DD was born... 3 years ago. I sort of saved them because I knew I would be having another child and then I ended up giving away several packages as shower gifts

Savannah 1/23/09
Lucas 4/27/12
January 2nd, 2012, 11:03 PM
alilangel7's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree about not buying too many clothes ahead of time. You will get a lot at the shower. Stock up on diapers. I personally only liked Pampers Swaddlers for the baby.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search