BTDT Vaginal Delivery Moms?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2012, 07:38 PM
Karine119's Avatar SAHM of 3 Drama Queens!
Send a message via AIM to Karine119 Send a message via MSN to Karine119 Send a message via Yahoo to Karine119
I have decided to go for a VBA3C, but have no clue what to expect after. I am not getting my hopes up being this will be my 4th delivery in 6 years, but I have no clue what to expect. I did go into labor on my own with my last and had full blown labor and contractions, so pain wise I know what to expect there, but not a clue what after delivery is like.

Did you tear? If you needed stitches how bad did they hurt when trying to sit? How long was your bleeding?

I know no two deliveries are the same, but I just want some ideas on what to expect should I be able to have a vaginal deliver.

January 2nd, 2012, 07:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I tore with both girls slightly and had 1-2 stitches with each girl, but that was it. I went all natural and I didn't feel the tearing at all, nor did it hurt after birth. It didn't hurt at all to pee or sit. And I didn't have bleeding from the stitches, just the general lochia bleeding that happens after birth. I was scared to poop the first time, but it didn't actually hurt...it was just that I got constipated after the birth with both girls, so was scared of it

Some doctors give out numbing spray if the tear is worse, but I never got any. I never even took Tylenol or Motrin after giving birth.

My lochia bleeding lasted for about 2 weeks with both girls and that was it.

January 2nd, 2012, 07:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I tore with my second but not my first. I credit that to the nurse who was doing perineal massage wth oil the whole timeshe was talking. I didn't know until dh told me. The stitches weren't that bad, but they did sting. Use the dermaplast spray after you go, and the peri bottle during. I bled about the same, maybe a few days longer than my c section. The biggest difference for me was the sensation of having absolutely no pelvic floor after. its a very odd sensation, and I had incontenance, pee, issues for a few weeks after. Not having that feeling was a perk to me after my c section last time, lol! Gotta find a bright point somewhere.
January 2nd, 2012, 08:04 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I tore slightly. I had a few internal stitches that I never noticed and maybe 2 or 3 on the outside. It was painful sitting mostly because I bruised a lot due to how fast he came out. My body didn't stretch slowly and instead it all happened fast once I started pushing.

I found those HUGE pads they give you at the hospital serve a cushioning purpose! lol

I bled for 6 weeks exactly. I believe I stopped the day before my 6 week check up. I don't know if that's normal. I overdid it and had a setback in recovery that caused heavier bleeding. Totally my own fault.

January 2nd, 2012, 08:14 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
i had 2nd degree tears, but really it was no big deal. I was sore down there for a few days, where it caused me to be cautious when i would sit down. Then for about another week i had to use a squeeze bottle instead of wiping.

i just used the hemorrhoid pads ( tuks pads) as they felt cool on my va jay jay.

I cant remember how long i bled, but i dont think it was more than 1-2 weeks.

It was by far so much easier than a csection recovery.

i was fairly dizzy and got a fever after my delivery, but it subsided after a few hours.
January 2nd, 2012, 08:16 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
Oh yeah. I used a water bottle thingy they gave me to wash up after peeing. lol Wiping isn't as easy during that time! More like blotting and I like to clean up. This helped my stitches too. Warm water...ahhhh.

January 2nd, 2012, 08:25 PM
Send a message via AIM to Karine119 Send a message via MSN to Karine119 Send a message via Yahoo to Karine119
Thank ladies. I really hope I can go natural this time. I went roughly 16 hours I think with my last and then probably 2-3 hours of strong on top of each other contractions. I am hoping that being our first boy he will not only break the girl streak, but the c-section streak as well.

January 2nd, 2012, 08:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Three here.... first time I am pretty sure I tore but don't remember stitches... second time I had a couple stitches... third I don't think I tore she was a much smaller baby too. Sits baths are divine and so is the water bottle to spray down there. At the hospital they gave me betadine in the spray bottle which helped a lot after I went pee. With my second they also gave me the spray lanacane.... absolutely wonderful. I had ice pack pads for the first few hours to sit on, those were nice too. I hurt for several days and burned when I went pee. I don't remember being constipated but the first time I went was painful. I bled for 6 weeks every time... I was told that is normal.

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

January 2nd, 2012, 08:59 PM
StephL's Avatar Veteran
Oh wow, its amazing what you forget!! Reading all of these posts has brought back memories of the wonderful water bottle, it made wiping in the first few days alot easier. I tore but didn't feel it, and needed 1 or 2 stitches. It burned a little when I peed, but other than that I didn't really notice them. I bled for about 6 weeks, but only heavily at first.
January 2nd, 2012, 09:09 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never tore. I've had stitches. To be honest Karine, move around. Rest, but don't be afraid to move around. I loved my water bottle, warm water...ahhhh With Jillian on that! On that note, if you can run your water while you pee lol! Don't stand there and try to fill the bottle while having to pee...you'll pee your pants! As soon as I had my cath out with Ethan and Toryn I was up and moving around out of bed. I never had a cath with Julian. I bled from anywhere from 4-6 weeks. TBH, I DTD at 3 weeks PP with Ethan and Toryn.
January 2nd, 2012, 09:26 PM
I <3ed my water bottle after my last c-section, with the constipation and hemorrhoids I was dying lol. I am hoping I won't have to have a cath because they kill me. I am so determined to do this, we are not sure we want more children just yet, but I want to have the option.... they could easily open me up this time and say no more.

January 2nd, 2012, 11:17 PM
Koti's Avatar Nugget's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Koti Send a message via Yahoo to Koti
I had a 4th degree episiotomy and I did feel the cut even with the epidural, but it wasn't horrible. I barely felt the stitches but it took forever. The only thing that bothered ne afterwards was the pressure while sitting. The stitches didn't hurt, and the squirt bottle was definitely handy. They also gave me witch hazel wipes and that was nice. The first dump was absolutely awful though.
January 2nd, 2012, 11:21 PM
alilangel7's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I tore pretty badly and they had to spend about two hours trying to stitch me up. I didn't feel the tear - had epidural. I was in a lot of pain and peed all over the place for a week or so. I bled for about 6 weeks - 2 weeks was very heavy! Stock up on those extra long nighttime pads.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my beautiful siggy!

January 2nd, 2012, 11:29 PM
Koti's Avatar Nugget's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Koti Send a message via Yahoo to Koti
Oh yeah, the dermaplast was a nice burst of coldness after the huge ordeal of going to pee.
January 3rd, 2012, 06:58 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I had a few speed burns on the inside because once he decided he was ready he came out fast. I also had like 2 stitches outside. Dermoplast and the water bottle were awesome. My first poop wasn't bad, in fact I had to really go about an hour after he was born, didn't even tell the nurse until they said they needed to wait for my first bowel movement. I also had no problem getting up and moving around. I actually felt better than just sitting there.
I think I bled for about 2 weeks.

January 3rd, 2012, 07:04 AM
pfmommy07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pfmommy07 Send a message via MSN to pfmommy07 Send a message via Yahoo to pfmommy07
My first OB cut me, and then I finished tearing. That time around I think bleeding was 2-3 weeks. But after a couple days it was mild period flow.

With my second I had a very tiny internal tear that didn't require stitches. I was having light-mild period flow within 36hr, and done with pp bleeding at 12 days.

The numbing spray combined with the peri bottle makes everything pretty easy down there.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!

January 3rd, 2012, 08:14 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
The after part is what I am most scared of. The delivery is not bothering me because I know its just one day of pain but the after stuff seemed to go on for weeks with me.
I stayed alone in the hospital and did not let anyone help me at home so I think the getting up and down all the time with the baby made my pain and recovery worse. After this baby I am setting up shop in my bed room for the first 3-5 days so I am not rubbing and making my stiches swell up (if I have stiches). My friend has 2 babys and no tear or stiches and she said the first 3 or 4 days she had this really bad burning feeling and was sore but no major pain.

I got a epidural and they gave me to much so I was unable to push. I was cut from hole to hole so they could vacumme her out. The I cried for the whole 2 days after she was born because it hurt so bad (I cant imagine being more painful than a C section though?).
I was unable to sit or move with out sharp pain for about a week. Then if I did to much walking I would get really sore for about another week.
The first 3-5 days the bleeding was horrible with huge clots. Then it was more like period bleeding for a few weeks slowing down about the 5th week. If I remember right I had on and off spotting for another week or so after that.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
January 3rd, 2012, 08:36 AM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't tear or get stitches. but I got skid marks and they hurt enough for me lol I'm a baby when it comes to pain down there...it burned to pee and I bled for 7 weeks....but I lived haha and am going to do it again.

January 3rd, 2012, 08:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL... it is amazing what you do forget.... our minds way of healing I guess or else the world would not be populated. I had forgotten about being cut the first time. Like others said it must not be too traumatizing we are all doing it again!! That coming from the one who was late for her induction because of fear of the pain the second time around, LOL.

I had a friend who only has one child, I asked one time if she wanted more. She tells me "You know how they say you forget that pain.... I remember every second of it!" Needless to say she still has only one child.

I remember thinking this time shortly after I found out we were preggo, "OMG now it has to come out!" I am one who waits until late to get my epi, as close to time to push as I can.... so that pain can be unreal... even for those with high pain tolerance.

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

January 3rd, 2012, 09:14 AM
mysticalgal28's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had both a vaginal deliverly and a c-section... this time I am going for a VBAC. Dr said I am a great candidate because my 1st was vaginaly and my 2nd was a c-section not because I didn't progress or anything but because the stubborn little boy was breech and in the birth canal lol...

So in my advice def try for a VBAC... they are 2 different types of hurting... Only perk of the c-section was I beled alot less because I never went into full labor... I bled like a stuffed pig with my vaginal birth and I ended up using depends lol... I had the big pads and then wore a depends. I ain't proud... but I will probably do it again if I bled that bad. It gave me so much more support.

I did tear a little with my vaginal, but like the other ladies said the water bottle and spray were great. I ended up with a bladder infectin due to the catherder... and that made it burn even worse... first poop was bad and so were hemroids lol...

I was released after 18 hours of having Braylon (my vaginal one) walked a half a mile home from my grandmothers.. because walking was easier than sitting in a car. Next day I helped my dad paint his porch... my uncle was like what are you some kind of Indian Woman lol... with my c-section , it hurt bad, i was miserable for the first 2 weeks and then it was infected and then it didn't close... and didn't close FULLY until 6 months later... I had to pack it everyday.... so for me it is a no brainer....

Good Luck!!!!1

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search