We're in our second trimester so why am I still tired.

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2012, 04:19 PM
Super Mommy
Anyone else still need naps or sleep early?

In greek we have different words to describe how tired we are...There's TIRED, SLEEPY AND WHAT I LIKE TO USE-----PSOFIA, IT MEANS I FEEL DEAD.

I don't remember feeling this tired with my son by this point.
January 3rd, 2012, 04:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm way more tired now than I was early in the pregnancy. It's hard for me to fall asleep and then I keep waking up and can't go back to sleep.

January 3rd, 2012, 05:18 PM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twhylite21 View Post
I'm way more tired now than I was early in the pregnancy. It's hard for me to fall asleep and then I keep waking up and can't go back to sleep.
Same here! And then I feel like an unmotivated slug all day long

}
January 3rd, 2012, 05:35 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have the overwhelming urge to sleep from mid afternoon and when I get home from work like I did; but I am generally more consistently tired. I think it is because I'm not sleeping as well at night either.

January 3rd, 2012, 05:39 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
Same here. I don't sleep well at night or I have trouble actually falling asleep. It causes a problem in the daytime.

January 3rd, 2012, 05:52 PM
mamaleddie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YES! But I'm old and this is baby number six..sigh..I can't wait to feel 'normal' again..
Toni-Ann~10
Sicily Rae~7
Yasmine Joanne~5
Aaron Michael Junior~ONE!!!! Adalyn Marie-Morrison has arrived! 11/25/2013! 34 weeks..doing well!
January 3rd, 2012, 06:35 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep still very tired here. I never really got that second trimester energy.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 3rd, 2012, 06:53 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Im super tired too.... but this time I have a 4yr old to chase after 24/7.

My 4yr old has a crappy sleeping habbit and last night was up from 3:00am - 5:00am.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
January 3rd, 2012, 08:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaleddie View Post
YES! But I'm old and this is baby number six..sigh..I can't wait to feel 'normal' again..

Ok I am not that far behind you!.... this time around is kicking my butt too. I keep telling SO that I am too old for this. LOL But I do think my being so tired is like others said, I don't sleep well anymore.... up an down all night.

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

January 3rd, 2012, 08:58 PM
JennLynn_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I"m still exhausted all the time too. It's 11 p.m right now and i'm surprised i'm still up. Probably because I slept in til 9 today, but yep... soooo sleepy all the time. Doesn't help that I keep getting every sickness that passes me by. Darn colds!!

http://JenniferDow.SBC90.com
January 3rd, 2012, 09:20 PM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yup sleeepy sleepy. I don't sleep real well at night now though . also i seem to be battling nausea again booo. not that it went away completely but it is still discouraging on bad days, and doesn't help make me less tired.

January 3rd, 2012, 09:41 PM
Karine119's Avatar SAHM of 3 Drama Queens!
Send a message via AIM to Karine119 Send a message via MSN to Karine119 Send a message via Yahoo to Karine119
I am beyond exhausted! This is #4 and I am home with them all day alone from 5:30am-3pm so I am so tired and nearly passing out before DH gets home.

January 4th, 2012, 01:08 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not *as* tired as I was in the first trimester - I felt like I got run over by a truck for those few months - but I'm still so tired. I have been needing a nap during the day, or while waiting for Kate to go down for her nap I'll fall asleep on the couch while she watches TV. :/ I have no motivation to do anything at all. I have entered slug-mode.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
January 4th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I go between really tired and exhausted to energetic and cleaning. But when I am tired it's almost as if I can't even get up or walk. Like I'm just spent.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
January 4th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Kristin
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin300 View Post
yup sleeepy sleepy. I don't sleep real well at night now though . also i seem to be battling nausea again booo. not that it went away completely but it is still discouraging on bad days, and doesn't help make me less tired.
Me too - I hope the nausea/vomiting stops soon, if I was just tired, I could deal with that, I think. I go to bed sometimes as early as 7:30pm and I don't get up until 7am in the morning. I do wake up several times a night. My OB said the extra hormones from having a girl could be could be the reason for both - which may not get better until after the baby's born. I hope you're not in the same boat!
January 4th, 2012, 11:26 AM
AmandaHugNKiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am crushing tired at times when it's not possible to sleep (a toddler mostly stopping me!) and then get into bed at night to have trouble falling asleep/staying asleep. What kind of joke is that?!

Also I decided on a whim to take the kids to Germany on Friday (to Europa Park... I won't be able to go on the rides but the hotel has a spa ) and have NO ENERGY to get prepared and packed. Ugh, leaving at 5.30am on Friday morning - what was I thinking?!

DS4 has arrived! 18th May 2012. 9lb 1oz. Beautiful!

Breastfeeding, co-sleeping
January 4th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Super Mommy
It must be nice to be a hop away from other countries. What is Europa Park? And is it just you and the kids? If so what were you thinking?
January 4th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am actually much sleepier than I was with DD at this point. I feel great physically but am TIIIIIRED.
January 4th, 2012, 02:08 PM
KaiyaRae'sMomma's Avatar Forever missing Kaiya Rae
I'm always tired! Same thing last pregnancy, there was no second trimester wind for me. I was exhausted the whole 9 months!

Thank you Alethia for my siggy!

Read my blog: www.grievingmomma.wordpress.com
January 4th, 2012, 04:21 PM
AmandaHugNKiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIP View Post
It must be nice to be a hop away from other countries. What is Europa Park? And is it just you and the kids? If so what were you thinking?
Europa Park compares favorably to EuroDisney in all the reviews I've seen - well, the Germans are very efficient! The theming of the park is meant to be fantastic, and the hotel we're in is a representation of the Coloseum (so, again, very themed!).

And, clearly, I'm crazy, but not THAT crazy... DF is coming too

Your family is Greek? We were in Greece in May, Halkidiki near Thessalonika. Beautiful, and the Greek are very welcoming and family orientated - we WILL return!

And, yes, it's lovely that Europe is so easy to reach. Doesn't stop me coming Stateside when I can though! So far, New York City x3, Vegas, Florida... and twice to Montreal all in the last five years

DS4 has arrived! 18th May 2012. 9lb 1oz. Beautiful!

Breastfeeding, co-sleeping

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search