Why?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2012, 06:23 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I had a prenatal appt yesterday and gained 6 pounds in the last month.... but that makes 6 pounds total because I had not gained anything before then.

Why in my mind do I keep thinking I need to watch what I am eating so i dont gain much more when I know 6 pounds is good.... acourding to baby books by this point most people have gained 10-15 (and I was up 14 with DD at this point). I just dont like watching that scale rising.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
January 4th, 2012, 06:52 AM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
It's in every woman's blood to watch the dreaded scale. It drove me nuts. I'll stay away from it now so I won't obsess on it. 6 lbs or 60#..... as long as you and baby are healthy nothing else matters

}
January 4th, 2012, 07:29 AM
pfmommy07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pfmommy07 Send a message via MSN to pfmommy07 Send a message via Yahoo to pfmommy07
Tell them you don't want to know! I have heard a lot of women tell their OB/MW that unless there is concern then keep it to themselves!

As of my last appt I had only put on 8oz. But I was still 3lb8oz under what I started at. I go tomorrow so I am wondering what I have gained so far. I weighed myself the other day on a scale at the store and it said I had put on maybe another pound. My last appt was Nov 28th. I know this time with my boys I had put on around 7-12lbs.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!

January 4th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, I tell the nurse not to tell me. The doc brings it up if there's something wrong with it. Like with my lack of weight gain previously. That said, when I found id gain 5 pounds recently I felt the same way. Its hard to override that instinct.
January 4th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Kristin
Society has us trained - easier said than done but try to ignore it.
January 4th, 2012, 10:35 AM
AmandaHugNKiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As of today, I weigh the same as my pre-pregnancy weight and so technically haven't gained a pound yet, BUT I dropped around 7 with ms/lack of appetite... so I've put that back on, at least.

I truly have no issue with worrying about the weight I gain because I choose 'healthy' options when it comes to my meals/snacks, allowing for the occasional treat of something 'naughty' every few days (just ate a chocolate mousse (organic, but still!)). If I stick to that (which really is my regular way of eating) then I know that any weight is the baby, increased blood volume, amniotic fluid, extra breast tissue and a small amount of fat stores for breast feeding. It's a HEALTHY GAIN! And, completely normal and necessary for a good outcome for both me and baby.

If you're through ms now and eating junk 24/7 then by all means, feel guilty and think about changes you can make - BUT if you are doing a pretty good job of eating well then your weight gain is your own body just doing what it needs to do - and WILL reverse when you deliver.

DS4 has arrived! 18th May 2012. 9lb 1oz. Beautiful!

Breastfeeding, co-sleeping
January 4th, 2012, 11:33 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've gained way more than I care to admit but it doesn't really bother me. I know that once baby gets here and I start breastfeeding the weight will come off pretty easily. Try not to worry about it. Once May comes, we will start a weightloss and workout subforum to help all of us lose the baby weight. Right now I say just have fun eating!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 4th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Mamma J's Avatar Proud Navy Wife & SAHM
I can kind of relate. I mean I want to gain weight so that baby can be healthy, but at the same time I don't want to gain too much because I know (for me at least) it'll be hard to get it all off after the baby is here (even with breast feeding, I just have horrible genes!). Do you think you're bothered because you gained 6 lbs in one short time frame as opposed to having gained 6 pounds since August (like roughly one pound per month)?

January 4th, 2012, 11:54 AM
JsBaby's Avatar Super Mommy
I could have wrote this!! This is exactly my situation. I'm pretty sure I feel this way because of my starting weight. I had problems with my bc before and gained weight which I had a hard time losing. With my DDs, I gained weight but didn't care and lost it. Now with my starting weight being more than with my DDs, I am more conscious and worry some because 1) I don't want to gain as much weight as I did before 2) I fear it's going to be harder to take off 3) I wasn't really happy with how I looked before I got pregnant, so I worry about how I will look after.

This pregnancy it's just hard not to think about it. Hoping I can keep handling the weight and then maybe I will lose it okay and maybe even some of what haunted me before.
January 4th, 2012, 11:59 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
I had a melt down in Sears before Christmas. My sister-n-law wanted to buy me some shirts. I am just just buying some bigger size shirts. I started to cry and she said whats wrong. I told her I have worked so hard and so long to stay out of bigger size clothes and now I am buying that size again. I know it is for a good cause and I will lose the weight once Cody is born.

I just told my doctors not to tell me unless there was a problem.
January 4th, 2012, 12:02 PM
I could not ask for more.
I completely understand... I gained 4lbs from my last at the end of November to the ultrasound yesterday. This is the only weight gain thus far but still makes me sad... I sort of liked the scale staying the same. I haven't thrown up as much this past month so I think that is why I've started to gain. I'm just hoping I only gain about 16 pounds like I did with my DS.

January 4th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my others I gained 40 and 50 pounds. I started this pregnancy off 60 pounds over weight so I am nervous to gain that again! With the other two I didn't worry much. When I got pregnant with both I was 135 (my normal weight). It's really difficult for me to lose weight period. And I probably have to go back on medication so I can't really breastfeed which helps to lose it. I go to the OB Friday and I'm nervous to step on the scale. I'm sure I have gained from the holidays.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
January 4th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have stopped weighing myself as often because I was feeling stressed about it too. I think if it makes you feel better to eat healthier and "justify" the weight gain that way; well, its certaintly not going to hurt you or baby to eat healthy, so why not? It is hard to watch the scale going up; especially when it starts going up faster and faster. It does help me feel a lot better to try to make as many healthy decisions as possible.

January 4th, 2012, 12:34 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I've gained 10 lbs and 6 of them were in a month!! I did that while throwing up at least 1-3 times a day too.

I have just vowed not to worry to much and then get serious when I'm better from having the baby. It's really all you can do. Plus, I put 10 lbs on when I took Clomid so I feel way bigger than I normally am...even when I am not 20 weeks pregnant.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search