ot vent about my dog

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2012, 09:33 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
I love my dogs, we have 2 one is perfectly behaved the other is mischevious but not bad. However I am getting so tired of the naughty one I have like no patience for him anymore and the baby isnt even here yet. I know he will grow out of alot of this stuff but sometimes I feel like it's the last straw. His favorite game is to grab things he knows we want and try to get us to chase him around the house and he's gotten my phone at least twice now. But right now Im so mad because he just ripped our brand new sheets! Im not going out to buy more sheets and he's already ripped two other sets. We try to just keep him out of the room but sometimes if I have laundry or something he gets in and then he digs at the bed like he's making a nest but like a crazy dog and he rips them. ARRRG!

January 4th, 2012, 09:44 AM
mommy2mykiddos's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you tried putting him outside? Sounds like he has a ton of energy to burn off!
January 4th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Kristin
Awww! I'm sorry, that sounds frustrating and expensive. I wish I had some advice for you but we have cats. My boys used to climb the curtains but they grew out of that - thank God. Does your dog have a blanket of his own that he could make a nest in? I guess I'm thinking maybe having something else to nest in would be enough to get him to leave your sheets alone - like the cat tower worked for my curtains.
January 4th, 2012, 09:49 AM
yeah he does have a ton of energy and he gets a long walk every day and can go out on his rope. I really wish we had a fence but DH is a pastor so we live in a parsonage and we can't make any big changes like that plus neither us or the church can afford to install one and he doesn't train on a radio fence because he is overly timid Most of the time he is good hes being good right now, sleeping by me, but when he gets going I just lose all patience

January 4th, 2012, 09:56 AM
aka shawna
we have a golden, who is usually really well behaved. recently, his naughty side has creeped out and during christmas, when we would leave, he'd ripped open ALL the gifts. just for kicks. it wasn't like they had food in them, he just made a big ole mess and i would re-wrap, and than the next day he'd do the same thing. this behavior continued for about a week, before we decided he could not be trusted and would put him in his den when went out. than one day, i found the culprit. my hubby left for work, my daughter and i were home, but jasper was so gutted jon left and had a bit of a tantrum. went into my room, got into the garbage and started ripping into bags and chewin them up. he was just acting up this entire time, because his daddy who took him for walks left him behind to go to freaking work.

so anyhow, to sum this long story up, think of when your dog was good. and what has changed since. for us, i stopped walking my dog and let my hubby do the walking. dogs have a funny way of letting you know they're upset about something or other. could be a new pet, less attention, etc, it leads to attention seeking dogs..which i feel ya... no fun whatsoever! but i'm sure your pup has a reason behind his naughty-ness. i hope you're able to sort it out!
January 4th, 2012, 10:45 AM
wouldnt it be nice if they could just talk to us and we could reason with then

January 4th, 2012, 01:12 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our little dog has been going through the same sort of thing. he's always been a bit mischevious but lately he's been darn right bad. He got DH's underwear and chewed a hole in them and when we put him outside, he barks and scratches on the door until we let him back in. DH has about had it with him. So I completely understand where your coming from. Our dogs spend alot more time outside when baby gets here.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search