diaper bag or handbag?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2012, 09:38 AM
aka shawna
which will you be getting? any you already have your eye on? i'm on the hunt for one or the other... although i'm not sure which.

whats on your wish list mama's?
January 5th, 2012, 09:40 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll be getting another Eddie Bauer back pack diaper bag. that's what I use for Jackson right now and I love it. We take it to daycare everyday and it holds everything that he could potentially need.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 5th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a HUGE LL Bean diaper bag for when DD was an infant, but as she got older I bought a tote.
January 5th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I use a diaperbag. I bring it with me in the cart until baby is older. Then I just leave it in the car. I carry a purse too. But I have 3 kids! Lol my older ones really just carry their sippy cups on their own now tho. When this baby is born, ill have a 5yr old, a 4 yr old, a 15 mo old, and a newborn. I'm on the hunt for a big diaperbag that is super durable. And I'm open to suggestions.
January 5th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have 2 diaper bags that I used with the girls, I'll prob just use one of those again. I mainly carry a purse though and just keep diapers, etc in the car.

January 5th, 2012, 10:03 AM
I could not ask for more.
I only carry a purse bc my son is potty trained so I don't need really anything for him, except maybe a juice box. I keep extra pants and undies just in case in my car. When baby comes I will use a diaper bag until she is potty trained. My MIL bought me the Thirty-One diaper bag for this baby. I had the Vera Bradley diaper bag for Aiden.

January 5th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Veteran
I had a diaper bag for DS i will most likely use for awhile after this baby is born again, I also have a Vera Bradley backpack I plan on using for smaller trips or when I'm with both kiddos by myself.
Amanda - Wife to Ray, Mommy to DS #1 - Rocky (7/12/10). Baby #2 due 5/26/12!!
January 5th, 2012, 10:28 AM
alilangel7's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have this one that I used with my daughter. It was a little expensive, but DH got it for me as a gift. It's not the same pattern, but the same bag. It held up well and I LOVED the roll out diaper pad. It was perfect and I would recommend this bag for everyone!
Petunia Pickle Bottom

I asked for this one for Christmas. It is bigger, more suited for 2 or more kids. Mckenzie is potty trained, but still likes to drag a boatload of toys around. I actually like that I use it for an overnight bag once the kids grow out of it.
Petunia Pickle Bottom

Both bags are absolutely BEAUTIFUL and I highly recommend them!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my beautiful siggy!

January 5th, 2012, 10:53 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I looked at a lot of diaper bags when I was pregnant and bought an (expensive) JuJuBe bag. I didn't like it. I ended up getting a large custom-made bag that worked much much better.

Things that I need:

* Easy access. I thought I wanted a zipper - zippers are very bad when you are carrying a crying baby. I have a magnetic closure now, MUCH better.

* Bigger. I do cloth diapers. I didn't realize just how much more space they'd take up! Add to those the wet bag, change of clothes, wipes, and nursing cover and I ended up needing a pretty large bag until she stopped peeing and pooping every time I turned around.

* Easy access pockets on the outside for my keys and phone. I don't want to be digging through my entire bag for my stuff, and I again don't want to be fighting with zippers.

* Later on bottle pockets come in really handy for sippy cups.

When Kate got older I downsized to a much smaller bag, and if I'm doing just some errands now I'll bring just my purse with a diaper stuffed into it. But for longer trips I still need a couple diapers, a sippy cup, snacks, pacis.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
January 5th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by alilangel7 View Post
I have this one that I used with my daughter. It was a little expensive, but DH got it for me as a gift. It's not the same pattern, but the same bag. It held up well and I LOVED the roll out diaper pad. It was perfect and I would recommend this bag for everyone!
Petunia Pickle Bottom

I asked for this one for Christmas. It is bigger, more suited for 2 or more kids. Mckenzie is potty trained, but still likes to drag a boatload of toys around. I actually like that I use it for an overnight bag once the kids grow out of it.
Petunia Pickle Bottom

Both bags are absolutely BEAUTIFUL and I highly recommend them!
The larger one is the same one I am ordering! I have a custom made one that I carry for DD but her name in embroidered so I needed something bugger for both girls. I LOVE these bags.

January 5th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love that last ppbottom bag! Might have a keeper.
January 5th, 2012, 12:41 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
I think i am just going to get a Coach tote bag. I wont be bottle feeding, so no need to have a huge diaper bag.

With DS, i rarely used a diaper bag, i just threw things in my purse, so thats my plan this time. My Bday is in late april, so it will be my bday present =) Now i just have to pick one out!!
January 5th, 2012, 01:07 PM
speechteach42's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a JuJuBe backpack style diaper bag that I just got not long ago that we'll use for both kids. Once DD started walking it just got so hard using a tote style bag and holding her hand so I decided a backpack style was the way to go. I am concerned it will be big enough to hold things for two kids.
January 5th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Mom to D&D's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a coach tote that i used with DS2. I might get another one, not sure yet.

January 5th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just use a tote. For newborns it depends on where I'm going. I pack a diaper bag with everything I could possibly need, but it either stays in the car for quick trips, comes inside with me if we are staying at a friend's house a while, or goes in the bottom of the jogging stroller if out for a run. Then I just have my tote/purse for quick trips or whatever, with wipes, a few extra diapers and one change of clothes.

You know, I'm not sure that makes any sense at all. Who knows what I'll do!
January 5th, 2012, 02:25 PM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
My friend already got me a huge diaper bag that was hand made.
January 5th, 2012, 02:34 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
I'm looking because I had a nice one with Allison but it won't be big enough for both kiddos (and it's pink).

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
January 5th, 2012, 02:37 PM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream2bemommy22 View Post
I think i am just going to get a Coach tote bag. I wont be bottle feeding, so no need to have a huge diaper bag.

With DS, i rarely used a diaper bag, i just threw things in my purse, so thats my plan this time. My Bday is in late april, so it will be my bday present =) Now i just have to pick one out!!
I went this route . I got the large dooney and bourke giraffe print tote. It has two outside side pockets which wOrked perfect for bottles or sippy cups and it has an easy find key hook.

I got tired of carrying a purse and a diaper bag. Plus this doesn't "look" like a diaper bag. I get slot of compliments

}
January 5th, 2012, 04:07 PM
mamaleddie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My last bag was a Fleurville...I adored it! I had the 'mothership'. They have a clear kind of vinyl overlay that you can wipe down, which is AMAZING! It had a ton of room for everthing I needed for two kiddos.. I had a pink Coach diaper bag before this one and had to pay 75 bucks just to have it cleaned! The fleurville has a pretty satin lining, very stylish for boys and girls..here's a link to one I found on ebay that is a great price for NWT!!
FLEURVILLE MOTHERSHIP BABY DIAPER BAG LOVEKNOTS NWT | eBay
I'm ordering a custom bag for this little guy, with guitars and music notes..dad is a musician so he will love it, teehee...it will also have his name embroidered on it..
Toni-Ann~10
Sicily Rae~7
Yasmine Joanne~5
Aaron Michael Junior~ONE!!!! Adalyn Marie-Morrison has arrived! 11/25/2013! 34 weeks..doing well!
January 5th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Seems sh loves that picklebottum bag too! So it looks like ill be getting one! yay! Thank you for the suggestion. I'm uber excited about it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search