Is this normal? (vaginal odor TMI ahead)

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had a gross smelling vaginal discharge this whole pregnancy. I don't think I did with the last two. At first I thought it was from sweat during the summer. But I still have it. Tonight when I have gone to the bathroom it has almost an amonia smell to it. Should I be concerned? I have been on macrobid for a UTI but I am almost done with it. I have an OB appointment tomorrow so I will mention it. Just wondering if anyone else is experinecing this.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
January 8th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Honestly, I get really bad vaginal odor during pregnancy. I had it with my DD & I have the same thing with this pregnancy. Sometimes it smells like amonia & sometimes like straight up B.O. I mentioned it to my dr & she said that it was likely the hormones in my case & there was nothing else contributing to it.
January 8th, 2012, 05:01 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a wicked odor when I have a bacterial infection. It is horrid lol. TMI eh? lol. Are you having discharge as well? It would be common to get one while pregnant and on antibiotics. Alls it takes is your pH balance to get messed up.
January 8th, 2012, 05:57 PM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have the same problem this pregnancy and I never did with my first three pregnancies. Dr said is normal the few times I have brought it up. Said its the hormone changes.

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

January 8th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This pregnancy has me all messed up. I had never had a bacteriel infection until this pregnancy and I feel like it has never really gone away. I hate the crummy feeling and occasional smell of it. I was telling SO it makes me feel nasty when I have a discharge.

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

January 8th, 2012, 07:07 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaof3girls View Post
This pregnancy has me all messed up. I had never had a bacteriel infection until this pregnancy and I feel like it has never really gone away. I hate the crummy feeling and occasional smell of it. I was telling SO it makes me feel nasty when I have a discharge.
I feel SO disgusting! I wear a pantyliner and that seems to help some.
January 8th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:fearless:. View Post
I feel SO disgusting! I wear a pantyliner and that seems to help some.
Me too... for several weeks now! It seems to relieve the mind some!

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

January 8th, 2012, 08:02 PM
I could not ask for more.
With both my pregnancies I've had this... It's like an ammonia or garlic type smell. I never asked my DR but my son turned out just fine and it went away after delivery.

January 8th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Mom to D&D's Avatar Super Mommy
Same here!I had this with my last pregnancy too. I just hate it.

January 8th, 2012, 09:03 PM
I can't really tell if I have any different of a discharge than normal.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one though Not that I would wish it one anyone. I just feel so gross. And I decided to tidy up down there in case the OB does check if I have an infection tomorrow. UGH it was next to impossible! lol. My belly is now too big to groom.

January 9th, 2012, 05:37 AM
mamaleddie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ME TOO!! We gross out every day in the shower when my 'scent' wafts up, lol..I had to have Aaron trim me up cuz doing it myself was like doing it by brail!! No discharge, just a nasty odor...So I figured it was just my stink since I have no other symptoms, glad to know it seems pretty common!!!
Toni-Ann~10
Sicily Rae~7
Yasmine Joanne~5
Aaron Michael Junior~ONE!!!! Adalyn Marie-Morrison has arrived! 11/25/2013! 34 weeks..doing well!
January 9th, 2012, 06:20 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I have it too. Drives me crazy, but no infection of anything else.

January 9th, 2012, 01:37 PM
I had an appointment at the OB today and brought up the change in my odor. He thinks since I was on the antibiotic for a UTI from the ER that I killed off good bacteria and now have VB. So I got a different antibiotic for that.

January 9th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have noticed since being preggo I have a stronger musk or "natural" odor. It doesn't smell like bad/fish idk how to explain it; just like a stronger version of how I normally smell. I've been thinking about asking DH about it, b/c I'm getting paranoid about it. I've been able to smell me through my clothes a couple of times if I cross my legs in my chair or something; and that totally freaks me out.

January 9th, 2012, 07:18 PM
alilangel7's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been having to wear a pantyliner for the whole time and same with DD. The fertility nurse said it was normal for discharge and smell because our hormones are changing. I'm not really that worried, but I may bring it up next appointment.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search