Does anyone know how BLISS and her family are?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2012, 07:09 AM
mysticalgal28's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great idea!!! I am totally in for whatever we choose to do. Also if she isn't open to recieving money or a gift and cards from us. We could always make a donation to the TTTS orgnanztion.... I belong to it on facebook, and they are always giving the mothers gas money and hotel accomedations if they can afford it to get their surgery. Just a idea : )
January 11th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think a donation to the TTTS is a great idea. I know she's totally not a faker, but is dishonest people see that we gave money directly to her, they might try to scam us. It happened in the Jan. 2010 PR/DDC. I think cards to her would be great, too.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
January 11th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyekayak View Post
I think a donation to the TTTS is a great idea. I know she's totally not a faker, but is dishonest people see that we gave money directly to her, they might try to scam us. It happened in the Jan. 2010 PR/DDC. I think cards to her would be great, too.
Guess what... I am also a member of the 2010 PR. As is SamF and Koti....it was abousltely TERRIABLE and still totally ticks me off. We never dontated money to her thank god, but I personally believed her to begin with. What hurt the most was, that she did this right after one of our REAL mothers lost her husband.... it DEF put alot of strain on us and tested us to trust people again.
January 11th, 2012, 09:24 AM
KaiyaRae'sMomma's Avatar Forever missing Kaiya Rae
I dont have her personal information or have her on Facebook, but I would be willing to collect cards and sent them all to her if could contact her and get her address. Though if someone in US who does have her already on Facebook would be willing, Tanya I think you said you have her on Facebook, maybe contact her and ask for her address, saying we want to send her something but only you would have it would not share it with all of us, that gifts would come through you? Just to see if she is open to it. Then we could send any cards to that one person? I also have a paypal account and if we want to purchase something for her i would be willing to collect the money into my account and then purchase it using the paypal money and have it shipped to her, again if she is ok with me having her address. Let me know!

Also, so that everyone knows...I was completely shocked at the ammount of money we recieved in my paypal account when Kaiya died. Since we had life insurance on ourselves, that in default also covered any children of ours, we received the money for her funural from that. So the money I received in my paypal account I actually donated to First Candle (meaning I didn't just keep it all and go on a shopping spree). just wanted you all to know I'm an honest girl It meant SO MUCH to me what everyone did, and I just really want to do something for Bliss too.

Thank you Alethia for my siggy!

Read my blog: www.grievingmomma.wordpress.com

Last edited by KaiyaRae'sMomma; January 11th, 2012 at 09:35 AM.
January 11th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Andrea... I think you would be a great one to head this!!!! I am game for whatever!!!!!! Thanks for offering!!!
January 11th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think the best thing would be to send cards and money to Andrea and her paypal account (or someone else that is friends with her on FB, but definitely someone in the USA just b/c it is a lot easier), and then we should decide to send her either an engraved necklace with her twin's names or money directly as a gift. So we should decide ...

- who to send everything to so that Bliss just receives one big package
- whether to purchase an engraved necklace or just gift money to help with expenses

And then I think everyone could just donate whatever amount of money for the necklace or money gift that they feel comfortable with.

That's my 2 cents.

And the necklace doesn't have to be engraved with names, but I really like the idea of a necklace in general. And any extra money collected that doesn't go to pay for the necklace should just be gifted to Bliss.

I just feel terrible for her
January 11th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I found this and thought it was beautiful. What do you all think? You can get it with 2 or even 3 children since she has had a previous loss too.

Family Embrace TRI-Color Necklace
January 11th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MJ* View Post
I found this and thought it was beautiful. What do you all think? You can get it with 2 or even 3 children since she has had a previous loss too.

Family Embrace TRI-Color Necklace
It is beautiful..but she's actually lost 4 babies. Malakai, Eli's Twin and Adam and Levi.

January 11th, 2012, 12:53 PM
I just had a thought. When Kaiya died I found a woman named Jeanie, who also lost a baby. She makes memory bracelets for mom's of angel babies. She makes and sells bracelets for other occasions and then uses her profits to fund making FREE bracelets for angel mommas. She made one for me in memory of Kaiya and also one for my friend in memory of her son. I'm sure she would make something beautiful with the initials of each of Bliss's children, or the names of the 3 boys and maybe a little pea pod charm to symbolize Sweet Pea. She's good at coming up with clever things too. Here's a link to her facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ma...36758793056139

Then we wouldn't need any money. I could collect cards from everyone and have Jeanie send me the bracelet and send it all to Bliss. (If I can get her address that is..)

January 11th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I like the free bracelet idea. I'm just not comfortable with collecting money.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
January 11th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love the jewlery idea. I'm in on whatever y'all choose.
January 11th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh that's right, I remember seeing that in her siggy

I really like the bracelet idea. So then should we all send you a card and you get the bracelet and package it up? I think it's really great you are willing to do all of this for us!

I really like your idea about the initials/names and pea pod too as charms.
January 11th, 2012, 03:06 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have her on Facebook - I've been on here with her since 2009 and remember well when she lost Malacki to PPROM - I cant imagine what she is going through now though I'm so glad that she has Eli, she is very private about things and doesnt share much personal information on here, but I think that Becs (Dochas) could get an address...she is in Ireland though...I can send out from here cause I'm in the US if you think that works best...

I think that the best as far as what to give would be the engraved charms/necklace, cards, and maybe a donation in her honor to TTTS...
January 11th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
Sorry girls I've been MIA.
I think its a wonderful idea and I know that Bliss would be very grateful. I sent her a gift just after Christmas and I have no problem sending a gift.
It would mean that it will have to be sent from Ireland. I know that Bliss is a very private person and does not give out her details but I'm sure we can work something out.

Let me know what ye decide. I love the idea of jewellery.
She hasn't been in touch much which I totally understand. I was just about to send her a PM on facebook when I popped in here 1st. I'll keep ye posted if I hear from her...

[SIZE="3"]

January 11th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
how about any of these
Ireland Irish Gift: Jewellery : Bracelets : Desire Heart Bracelet

Ireland Irish Gift: Jewellery : Pendants : P204 Lir Pendant Two Drops

Just a few ideas. what ever ye come up with I will do my best to help out. I don't get on here much because I can't get on on my phone. So please PM me on FB if ye need me to stop in.

[SIZE="3"]

January 11th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Super Mommy
I think the memory bracelet is a great idea. If she can incorporate all of her angels, that would be very cool.

SO...let's keep talking and we'll see what info Rebecca comes up with.
January 11th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I am up for anything since I have been thinking of her often. I gave my opinion so once you all decide, I'm in!
January 11th, 2012, 05:22 PM
What does everyone think about this:
Since Rebecca has her address already and she trusts her, what if we use Mara's Memory Bracelets, have Rebecca send the request to her to have the bracelet made and have it sent directly to Bliss and have Jeanie (the woman who makes the bracelets) include a card that says "Made for you by request from your friend Rebecca and all the girls in the May Due Date Club". That way the only person Rebecca is sharing her address with is a business and she will know we are all thinking about her, but that no one has compromised her privacy.

Rebecca what do you think? I can point you in the direction and give you more information of how to request the bracelet if everyone likes this idea.

January 11th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Girls, since Rebecca (Dochas) isn't able to get on JM as much, I just spoke with her about my last post on Facebook. She thinkgs Bliss will really like it and it is a good idea. As long as I get the OK from all of you, we are going to go ahead with it. If you also want to do something monetary, I'm willing to collect money through my paypal to make a donation to TTTS in honor of her babies as well. The suggestion/request for the bracelet is going to be that she encorporate the first initial of each baby who has a name and then hopefully find a pea pod type charm to sympolize Sweet Pea, so the bracelet will be a memorial for all 4 of her Angels.

Let me know when we have the Go Ahead and Rebecca and I will take care of getting it ordered. If you missed the post about the bracelet here's a link to the facebook page for her work https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maras...36758793056139

January 11th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Mamma J's Avatar Proud Navy Wife & SAHM
I like the idea of the memory bracelet, and Rebecca sending the request since she already has her info.

The bracelet is free right?? So I don't have a problem with making a donation to the TTTS foundation either. Is there any way we can collect money and make it as a single donation in the boys' names???

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search