Question for those going Natural(no epi)

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2012, 05:52 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for all the good info ladies.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 9th, 2012, 06:51 PM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
I had an episiotomy done with my first daughter with no pain meds (not by choice) and she just stuck me with a needle of something to numb the area before she cut.

Good luck with no pain meds! I couldnt do it like that again lol you're more brave than me.

}
January 10th, 2012, 05:16 AM
mamaleddie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I tore almost to my rectum with my first and didn't even feel it or know the tear was that bad until they were sewing me up! Your adrenaline kicks in I think, lol...With my second son I had the most amazing nurse, she had me almost in a trance with relaxation techniques and I truly didn't push at all to get him out and he was 8lbs 12 oz! I really believe it's mind over matter...relax and breathe and trust your body...
Toni-Ann~10
Sicily Rae~7
Yasmine Joanne~5
Aaron Michael Junior~ONE!!!! Adalyn Marie-Morrison has arrived! 11/25/2013! 34 weeks..doing well!
January 10th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Super Mommy
Broke my water first. Didn't work...so.....I had pit, no epi. The pit kicked my butt. I had no time to breath or relax it seemed. 2 hours later he wasn't out. I tried different positions and nothing. I don't think I had the right guidance, a doula would of been helpful. Everyone's pain is different too, mine was all lower abdominal, my uterus was trying to expel him and I didn't even feel like pushing. She put a catheter in me to empty my bladder, didn't feel that. I would do an epi this time, even at a lower dose for some relief. Unless natural labor is more manageable, which I hope I go into labor on my own this time at 39 weeks.

OH and I took Bradley with my husband. I didn't even think of it when the pain hit, that was my husbands job, after all that's why he came with right? Hmmm...he never implemented what we learned.
January 10th, 2012, 04:24 PM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to say I've had two births with an epidural (the first two) and the last was natural. The first one I had to have an episiotomy. The second, I tore when they used the vacuum. The natural birth, my body worked through labor itself and I didn't have ANY issues with tearing or needing an episiotomy. I think if you leave things be they have a better chance of working naturally! Just my opinion!

Also wanted to say I was put on pit with all three labors as well.

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

January 10th, 2012, 06:06 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had two labors without pit, without epidurals. I tore very slightly with my first and worse with my second (she was bigger). I didn't notice at all until afterwards... I do think the adrenaline kicks in and the pressure from their head is intense and kind of numbs you a little bit.

I'm a pretty big wuss about pain, which is why my hubby wasn't so sure about this natural birthing thing. But birthing apparently comes really naturally to me.... I took bradley classes but mostly during labor I just focus on my breathing and my internal waves of contractions and zone out. I don't really even notice I'm in heavy labor until I am at the end. It's weird. And no I can't imagine laying down during labor... I was sitting up or on hands and knees for both the entire time. I needed that forward angle.

This time I want to try using a squatting bar for pushing so I can avoid tearing.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
January 11th, 2012, 06:54 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
I tried to go without and EPI and lasted about 2 hours with DS, i was induced though, so i had Pit. contractions.

I have no real plans this time one way or another, im hoping if i go into labor on my own that i can manage the pain, and im not entirely sure if my OB will let me have an EPI, since i am a VBAC patient again ( even though ive already had one, stupid)

I do have big headed babies too, and i asked the U/S tech at my 20 week appt if this baby had a big head yet, and she told me she was still in the normal range, haha. I had 2nd degree tears with DS.
January 11th, 2012, 01:10 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think a lot of it has to do with your anatony and the position of the baby...Kaiden came out in 4 hours, I got the epi 10 minutes before I became a 10 (went from a 4 to a 10 in less than an hour!) - if I had known, I would have tried to go natural just because I think I could have lasted 10 more minutes (and it made pushing longer since I had just had the epi), but I will say, my epi was great
January 11th, 2012, 04:51 PM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
I didn't get cut, but had a small tear. That wasn't anything worse than the contractions or pushing itself.

It was a ton of pain for pushing and the last contractions right before. But before that, I sat on a birthing (exercise) ball and was able to manage pretty well. My labor was pretty fast though. About 10 hours start to finish and only about 5-6 hours of truly painful contractions.

ETA: Also, I have to say I had a great set of nurses. I had no birthing classes. I was just going with what my body told me. The nurses were great with giving me different positions to try and being flexible with monitoring etc. I agree with other posters, I definitely could not labor laying in bed. I pretty much stood up or sat on the ball the whole time.

Last edited by imdawn; January 11th, 2012 at 04:55 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search