Sleeping positions

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2012, 07:21 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
How are you sleeping? Back, sides, multiple positions, not sleeping at all, lol.

I find I'm most comfortable on my back, I toss and turn but usually end up back on my back. I know it's not ideal.
January 9th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Mainly side here

January 9th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Veteran
All of the above...and I'm still sleeping semi on my tummy some nights. I guess I do it in my sleep because it will wake me up after a while because I get uncomfortable. Mostly on my side though.

January 9th, 2012, 07:43 PM
JsBaby's Avatar Super Mommy
Sleeping mostly on my left side and ya, not much!
January 9th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Jayden's Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatNJerPlus2 View Post
All of the above...and I'm still sleeping semi on my tummy some nights. I guess I do it in my sleep because it will wake me up after a while because I get uncomfortable. Mostly on my side though.
Same for me!

January 9th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have tried and tried to sleep on my sides, but I always end up on my back. It's the most comfortable. I never had this problem with my other pregnancies because I was only a side sleeper then.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
January 9th, 2012, 11:26 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
Mostly sides but my hips end up hurting so I prop up with some pillows and sleep on my back too. I wake up half on my belly some mornings, but I'm sure I won't have many more weeks of that.

January 10th, 2012, 12:32 AM
amandasue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to amandasue
I pretty much have been sleeping on my left side. When I sleep on my right my hip starts to ache. I notice that I am on my tummy sometimes, but Im sure that will end soon enough!
January 10th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
every which way! lol..I usually start out on my half side/half tummy, turn to the other side at some point, back at some point, so on and so forth. I have never had an issue being on my back; even late in pregnancies. So if I sleep on my back for a few hours, it doesn't bother me. I also know that I am generally going to wake up and change positions every couple of hours or so anyways.

January 10th, 2012, 05:52 AM
I could not ask for more.
I try to fall asleep on my side but always end up semi on my tummy. I'm a tummy sleeper normally so it's hard to break the habit.

January 10th, 2012, 07:08 AM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sleep?? What's that? LOL I have slept like CRAP this week!
It is mainly on my left side, only cause I have always slept that way. But half on my tummy before my belly got big. I like my back, but I can't breath well that way. My arms and legs fall asleep fall asleep no matter how I lay. Sigh.
January 10th, 2012, 07:19 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Same as usual, in my mostly-tummy position. I do have to shift sides a few time to get comfortable. and I wake up on my back, weirdly. I never sleep on my back.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
January 10th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Scoobyrae1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mostly on my sides. Last time i had to transition to sleeping in a recliner at around 34 weeks because of SPD and I think that will probably happen again.

Thanks jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

January 10th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Kristin
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:fearless:. View Post
Sleep?? What's that? LOL I have slept like CRAP this week!
It is mainly on my left side, only cause I have always slept that way. But half on my tummy before my belly got big. I like my back, but I can't breath well that way. My arms and legs fall asleep fall asleep no matter how I lay. Sigh.
I have a similar issue - not sleeping well at all and my arms/legs keep falling asleep too. Very annoying.
January 10th, 2012, 11:32 AM
KaiyaRae'sMomma's Avatar Forever missing Kaiya Rae
I'm not sleeping well. I start out on my side, and wake up to switch sides a lot, and often wake up on my back too. My shoulder and my ear will hurt when I wake up after sleeping on one side for a while. Does anyone else have ear issues? Like the outer ear, the cartalidge part, will actually be in pain when I wake up and lift my head off the pillow. It will ease after a few minutes of not laying on it. It's weird and bothersome!!

Thank you Alethia for my siggy!

Read my blog: www.grievingmomma.wordpress.com
January 10th, 2012, 12:04 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiyaRae'sMomma View Post
I'm not sleeping well. I start out on my side, and wake up to switch sides a lot, and often wake up on my back too. My shoulder and my ear will hurt when I wake up after sleeping on one side for a while. Does anyone else have ear issues? Like the outer ear, the cartalidge part, will actually be in pain when I wake up and lift my head off the pillow. It will ease after a few minutes of not laying on it. It's weird and bothersome!!
I get that sometimes if I sleep on something too hard.... yes it's very annoying! Is your pillow too firm? Or maybe your ear is just super sensitive right now.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
January 10th, 2012, 12:15 PM
mrs_zipre's Avatar Loving my life!
I have a pregnancy body pillow that I am using to encourage side sleeping...though I often wake up in the middle of the night feeling like it is attacking me. LOL

January 10th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Veteran
Mostly on my tummy/side

January 10th, 2012, 02:42 PM
alilangel7's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want to sleep on my back, but try not to. I try on my side, but that is just not cutting it. I found when I sleep sitting up, its much better. I have about 4 pillows in varying heights to make about 45* incline. But, yeah, not sleeping much at all!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my beautiful siggy!

January 10th, 2012, 03:04 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Im all over the place it all depends on where and how baby is laying.

http://lindseysphotography.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search