Nesting Instinct :)

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2012, 09:57 AM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just read that the nesting instict can hit as early as 5 months. That explains alot!! Lately I have been so content to be at home and deep clean the house...all those tasks of orgnanzing, sorting and deep cleaning that I have put off since we moved into the house last May are suddenly all I can think about doing! I am so anxious to go through all our junk and throw out stuff,etc. I am going crazy wanting to get everything we need for the baby and make sure all his stuff is clean and ready. I keep telling myself that I have plenty of time, but I can't seem to be content putting it off! It is actually such a God send because if this keeps up my house will be immaculate for the first time ever since we moved in! I just have to fight the urge to want to get all the painting done in the rooms we have not yet touched yet...I want to stay away from that until baby is born.

So have you started feeling the urges? For BTDT moms, when did it hit you before? Did you do anything crazy?
January 10th, 2012, 10:03 AM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
Usually it's the last month for me. I'll go all crazy and clean baseboards and air vents and even the inside of light fixtures! Lol

This time I'm starting early too but I don't have a room or nursery ready for him. So it's bugging me. I started yesterday cleaning out lilly's toy room and pulling it into her room and our loft area. Eventually I want to make that his bedroom. But it means alot of work and maybe even some painting! I just want him to have his own place.

I've done lost my mind.......

}
January 10th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is starting to hit me. Not really the cleaning part, but the wanting to get things done/ready part. When I really get the nesting bug though; it is crazy. I deep cleaned my washing machine last time. Right now, mine is just showing up in getting our furniture for the bedroom/maybenursery stripped and sanded, and wanting to just get the house generally organized/in order. Especially the playroom that will be either changing to DS's bedroom or the playroom/guestroom/nursery.

January 10th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I get it off and on, but it really hits in the last month for me. With both girls, DH found me up cleaning the bathroom like a crazy woman in the middle of the night.

January 10th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes I definetly get like that. And it makes me anxious that I can't get it done right now due to the bleeding. Last pregnancy I was 8 mos and was teetering on the crib hanging her name on the wall. Lol I think dh nearly had a storke!
January 10th, 2012, 10:51 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It happended to me last time around 6 months. I had to get everything clean and ready for our baby. This time I'm not sure if it will happen. I stay so busy with work and taking care of our 2 year old that I don't know if I will get the urge to nest this time.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 10th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm already nesting some. I don't really have the energy for it. But I just have to clean.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
January 10th, 2012, 01:39 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
nesting with the big stuff here I just cleared out his room and put the crib up today. Tomorrow I will be picking the paint color and maybe getting that. DH has it too i think lol today he ripped down the ceiling fan in Liams room because it was too low and it was white and it was ugly so he said lol.

January 10th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Super Mommy
It started for me about a month ago. Every time I have an opportunity to throw something out I will. I'm just waiting for my husband to put stuff in the basement, throw things out that I have waiting for him. I can't get to one thing if another isn't done. It drive me nuts. I just want my sons new room finished.
January 10th, 2012, 03:32 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I have no enery for it. But I never really nested with DD.
I think in March I will start getting the room organized... even though baby is going to be in my room for a good 6 months.
I need to go through all DD's old clothing and pull things out like onsies that I can reuse with this baby.
I need to talk DH into getting into the attic so I can go through all the totes of baby stuff up there so I know what we need to go get and what we already have because after 4 years I forget.

But I wish I had the energy to nest I have had this nasty chest cold and probably need to make a DR appt this week.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
January 10th, 2012, 06:03 PM
greeneyedchaos's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to greeneyedchaos
The nesting vibes are starting to hit me too!! I have been accomplishing organizing projects I've put off for years and starting to prepare DS's room to be shared with this baby.... I hope this keeps up so I can get everything done, but it is wearing me out!!!!
January 11th, 2012, 05:54 AM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was exhausted yesterday but I started cleaning out the storage room and suddenly decided I HAD to paint the two non-panneled walls that were terrible! I did it and even got pictures hung etc! I still have a lot of sorting and cleaning to do...but now that I dove in and saw the results of that project I am anxious to get the bathroom and hallway painted with a fresh coat of white paint...our house was a foreclosure when we bought it and it needs a ton of work...but paint alone does wonders! I can't wait to get payed and finsih up those tasks!

I also listed a bunch of stuff On ebay that I want to get rid of and will list more today if I find anything worth listing...I am out of control lol...but its a happy problem!
January 11th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Now that I've had my ultrasound, I am feeling it big time. I'm ready to jump in and check my to-do-before-baby's-here list off!!

January 11th, 2012, 05:39 PM
I could not ask for more.
I have it already, also hit me after my ultrasound confirming it's a girl. I started making her curtains and added bows to stuff lol. I've been doing massive amounts of laundry, if one dish is in the sink in cleaning it, lol. I want to start on her room but I'm going to try and wait until 28-30 weeks. I started a list of all that need to be done before she arrives.... I want to start but I'm trying to hold back for a few more weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search