Log In Sign Up

*Update-Sleepy baby* Overreacting? (previous loss mentioned)


Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
January 11th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 275
So, I've been feeling Emmy move pretty regularly for the past two weeks or so. Not huge movements except for late at night but movement none the less. Monday night she was going crazy in there for about 45 min. I could feel her from the outside and all...and ever since absolutely NOTHING. I had a previous stillbirth at 36 weeks, and so I don't know if I am being paranoid but do you think if I went to L&D and told them that I've been feeling regular movement and now I'm not it would be a waste of my time?

**Update**

So, baby started stirring around about 6:30. She's been moving quite a bit, I talked to my OB and she told me if I still felt unsure to come in and get checked. Otherwise, I have an appointment Friday morning. What a long day, bleh! Thanks for being so sweet and reassuring girls. OH! I ordered a doppler as well!

Oh, Jillian...At my u/s on Friday I am going to get them to check out the position of my placenta..I've been wondering that ever since we had that discussion before.
__________________



Last edited by KatNJerPlus2; January 11th, 2012 at 04:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
January 11th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 797
Send a message via Yahoo to Jayden's Mama
I had a 2nd trimester loss last year, if it were me I would call my OB's office and ask if I could come in and have them check the HB. I think that would give you some reassurance
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #3  
January 11th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,492
I have read on the stillbirth forum here that many times a frenzy of movement precedes no movements at all and then they find out that they lost the baby So I get paranoid too. I would go in and get it checked out and make sure everything is okay. Sorry if I just made you feel worse.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
January 11th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MJ* View Post
I have read on the stillbirth forum here that many times a frenzy of movement precedes no movements at all and then they find out that they lost the baby So I get paranoid too. I would go in and get it checked out and make sure everything is okay. Sorry if I just made you feel worse.
That's exactly what happened with my stillbirth.

I'm just a mess...
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #5  
January 11th, 2012, 10:19 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 13,609
I agree with the other ladies. I would call dr and see if you can go in just for some reassurance. I'm sure with your previous loss your dr. will be completely understanding of your anxiety. I'll be praying that Emmy is doing great in there. Please update us.
__________________

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
Reply With Quote
  #6  
January 11th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,492
Oh I'm so sorry! You know I get that this time too, but then I eventually feel movement. So sometimes it is totally normal I think.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
January 11th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 275
DH has my car he had to drive a few hours out of town to do a last min job. He will be home later this evening. So I'll have to go to L & D because my drs office will be closed... I'll update later.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #8  
January 11th, 2012, 10:31 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York State
Posts: 3,192
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
Sometimes I dont feel liam much or at all and it totally freaks me out. In fact today he has been pretty quiet. I just thank god I have a doppler so I can check on him. peace of mind is everything when you are pregnant so don't hesitate to call your doctor or go in.

I hope everything is fine.
__________________




Reply With Quote
  #9  
January 11th, 2012, 10:58 AM
aka shawna
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,805
i would take a hot bath, drink caffiene, and if in a few hours after that still nothing, put your mind at ease and get to the doc.

i'm sure baby is just extra snuggly. i often dont feel my little one and its hard not to worry.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
January 11th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,942
Yes, definetly drink a coke, ice cold. Whatever sugary stuff you have or coffee. Lay down and see. I wish you had a doppler. But, even so, if our boy wasn't moving id want them to check out why. For your reassurance alone. I'm thinkin of you hun. I've had several, more than I can count, huge bleeds this pregnancy. I understand your fear. I haven't lost him, but if I did...I can only imagine the fear I would feel next time. Do u have a doppler? Wish you lived closer. I come bring you mine.

Oh, and it doesn't matter if your overeacting at all. After a stillbirth, if your scared you should be seen. I think you need that reassurace. So don't feel guilty. Idk if you do, but I give myself huge guilt trips all the time so I hate the idea of another woman doing that to themselves.
__________________
[CENTER]
Reply With Quote
  #11  
January 11th, 2012, 11:16 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 4,037
I think the likelihood is that everything is fine, it's still so early so maybe baby flipped around to face your back or something. BUT I would never say it was overreacting. I'd be really freaking out too, same thing happened to me with Devin at 36 weeks. So I get really jittery about lack of movement. I hope you can go in for reassurance.
__________________



2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
Reply With Quote
  #12  
January 11th, 2012, 11:17 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 20,289
Also, have you thought about investing in a Doppler? Considering your previous history it might really give you piece of mind so you dont have to drive to the hospital, you can just pull out your doppler at home.

You can usually get one on Ebay for about 50. I know it makes me feel better when i havent felt much movement.
I usually ( aside from today) only feel Olivia late at night, im in trouble when she is born, lol, so during the day i always try and get her to move.

Have you tried laying on your belly? That always got a few kicks out of this one, if i dont feel her, i squish her a bit and she starts pushing around looking for more room.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
January 11th, 2012, 11:22 AM
KaiyaRae'sMomma's Avatar Forever missing Kaiya Rae
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,840
The same thing happened to me! Monday my little princess was moving like crazy and even kicked the lap top off my belly! Then yesterday I felt nothing all day. Finally at 10pm I texted my friend from my loss support group freaking out. I was about to call the OB on call line...but I before getting ready for bed I was REALLY thirsty so I had chugged a huge glass of ice water. Well when I was laying down texting my friend about whether I should be too worried and all... She started going nutso! I think she was just tired from all her acrobatics the day before, and I was probably a little dehydrated, and the ice water woke her up! Today she isn't too active yet, but I've felt a few bumps through out the day. I hope your little one is just taking a break too, but don't be affraid to call. I'm always affraid to be "that girl"...try not to be, just call, it will help put our mind at ease!
__________________



Thank you Alethia for my siggy!


Read my blog: www.grievingmomma.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
  #14  
January 11th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,942
Yes, I bought mine online. Its a sonoline b. Its fabulous. Cost about 50 dollars and came in just a few days
__________________
[CENTER]
Reply With Quote
  #15  
January 11th, 2012, 11:31 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 16,621
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I agree, drink something either really sugary, caffeinated or cold. If nothing then go in. Can you call you OB and have them let L&D know to expect you? That way there will be no question.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #16  
January 11th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah7181 View Post
Yes, definetly drink a coke, ice cold. Whatever sugary stuff you have or coffee. Lay down and see. I wish you had a doppler. But, even so, if our boy wasn't moving id want them to check out why. For your reassurance alone. I'm thinkin of you hun. I've had several, more than I can count, huge bleeds this pregnancy. I understand your fear. I haven't lost him, but if I did...I can only imagine the fear I would feel next time. Do u have a doppler? Wish you lived closer. I come bring you mine.

Oh, and it doesn't matter if your overeacting at all. After a stillbirth, if your scared you should be seen. I think you need that reassurace. So don't feel guilty. Idk if you do, but I give myself huge guilt trips all the time so I hate the idea of another woman doing that to themselves.
I drank a glass of OJ and a bottle of water and I am going to make myself a cup of coffee in a few minutes. I still haven't felt anything. I got up and tidied the house a bit and laid back down but nothing yet. I just want one peaceful, anxiety free pregnancy. Is that so much to ask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream2bemommy22 View Post
Also, have you thought about investing in a Doppler? Considering your previous history it might really give you piece of mind so you dont have to drive to the hospital, you can just pull out your doppler at home.

You can usually get one on Ebay for about 50. I know it makes me feel better when i havent felt much movement.
I usually ( aside from today) only feel Olivia late at night, im in trouble when she is born, lol, so during the day i always try and get her to move.

Have you tried laying on your belly? That always got a few kicks out of this one, if i dont feel her, i squish her a bit and she starts pushing around looking for more room.
I tried everything last night and this morning. I'm just trying to relax and stay calm. I'm sure she is okay and I am freaking her out.

I was going to buy a doppler when I first found out I was pregnant but then I thought I would just be even more obsessive but I am online now looking at them, I cannot start having these panic attacks especially when DH is traveling.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #17  
January 11th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiyaRae'sMomma View Post
The same thing happened to me! Monday my little princess was moving like crazy and even kicked the lap top off my belly! Then yesterday I felt nothing all day. Finally at 10pm I texted my friend from my loss support group freaking out. I was about to call the OB on call line...but I before getting ready for bed I was REALLY thirsty so I had chugged a huge glass of ice water. Well when I was laying down texting my friend about whether I should be too worried and all... She started going nutso! I think she was just tired from all her acrobatics the day before, and I was probably a little dehydrated, and the ice water woke her up! Today she isn't too active yet, but I've felt a few bumps through out the day. I hope your little one is just taking a break too, but don't be affraid to call. I'm always affraid to be "that girl"...try not to be, just call, it will help put our mind at ease!
That makes me feel a little better. It's such a struggle for me to stay level headed when I start feeling this way. My emotions are just all over the place.

It will be late tonight before I can give an update after I go in, but if anything changes in between now and then I will either post or text Andrea, my DDB and have her post for me.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #18  
January 11th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Kristin
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 556
Peace of mind is never a waste of time. I say call your OB if they can't get you in, go in to urgent care.

Good luck - I hope she's ok.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
January 11th, 2012, 11:42 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Clarence, Pa
Posts: 5,106
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
Good luck. I hope everything is OK.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
January 11th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,942
I think she's just sleepy or growing too. But either way, ill be looking for your update! I don't sleep well at night anyway.
__________________
[CENTER]
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:26 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0