Vagina pain

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2012, 10:17 PM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
Anyone else experience this?
Everything I read online says this is a typical 3rd trimester thing that means your cervix is dilating or getting ready to. So of course ....that freaks me out.
I feel intense sharp pain when I walk around, get up or down or do too much daily activity. It will make me feel almost achy down there after the sharp pain goes. I'll then walk like a duck or go lay down for a while.
Then today I went to the bathroom and I saw a large white blob in the toilet after going.

I've never had any of these with any of my pregnancies. Its a daily thing now. I don't have my next OB apt for a few weeks, so thought I would ask you ladies what you thought.

}
January 12th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've never really had vaginal pain with any pregnancy, so I'm not much help. It's possible the white blob was your mucous plug, but it's not abnormal to lose that and then regenerate it either. It's more a concern if you're having bloody discharge (bloody show) along with it as that is more likely to be a sign of impending labor, but not always. I lost my plug (with no blood) around 33 weeks with Lily and around 32 weeks with Violet. But it regenerated and I lost it again (with blood) prior to/during labor with each of them and both were born past 38 weeks.

Could the pain be round ligament pain? It could just be things stretching down there.

January 12th, 2012, 05:30 AM
speechteach42's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never had sharp pain with DD but I did have an achy feeling in my vagina from probably 30 weeks and on. It was worst at work when I was on my feet a ton.
January 12th, 2012, 05:39 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am not sure that the white blob would be your mucus plug. I would think that the mucus plug would have a bit of blood. Is it possible that the blob was vaginal discharge? I've been having alot of that lately. I have had some sharp pains in the vaginal area but my dr. said that it was just round ligament pain. He said it would happen more when I moved really fast or got up really fast. If your worried you might just call your dr.'s nurse and see what she thinks.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 12th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I get a lot of sharp vaginal pain throughout my pregnancies. To me it feels like the bone is about the crack open. Haha. I had it with my DD & I have it a little with this one. I don't think it's the same thing as the pain that comes with dilation.
January 12th, 2012, 06:00 AM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
Thanks ladies! Good info. I'm sure it's ok, I've just never had it in all 3 of my pregnancies. It's almost dihbilitating. Sucks. I'll just see what doc says in 2 weeks but it sounds pretty common from what you all said. Ty

}
January 12th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Lisa H's Avatar Super Mommy
I've had this kind of pain for the past couple of months. Some days it is excrutiating and other days I barely feel it. My doc says to alternate hot and cold packs there to numb the pain but I haven't found that it does any good.
January 12th, 2012, 08:39 AM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ouch! Made my jay jay hurt! I would also say that was a mucus plug.
January 12th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Mucous plug won't always have blood, typically it will the later you are in the pregnancy tho. When I lost mine with Lily, I actually bagged it and took it to my appointment since I had one that day. My OB was laughing at me (in a nice way), but she was like that is your plug and then she checked to make sure I was still closed since I was only 33 weeks. It was chunkier and way thicker compared to most vaginal discharge.

January 12th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think this sounds very normal. if baby is head down, the extra weight puts strain on the muscles and the nerves down there. Which causes the ains ur describing. Your pelvic floor gets weaker with each pregnancy, and causes more pains. I have the same pains, and I've had the discharge ur describing. I was checked Tuesday and am still closed up tight. hopefully that helps put your mind at ease some.
January 12th, 2012, 10:16 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I carry very low so I end up with this pain for at least half my pregnancy. It worries me, but apparently it's normal. I dilated with DS at 37 weeks and didn't go into labor myself or anything. I was induced at 39 weeks 1 day and I was dialated to 2.5 at the time.

January 12th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Super Mommy
Pain isn't abnormal, but I would call your ob.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search