Mother of the Day - Devan'sMama - Jen

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2012, 12:21 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Today Jen is our mother of the day. Please ask Jen anything you would like to learn about her!!

Do you have a name picked out yet for your baby? If yes, what is it?

What did you have for lunch and what will you be having for dinner?

What do you and your family like to do for fun?

What's your favorite vacation spot?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 12th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What is your least favorite food?

What is your favorite book?

January 12th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
Do you have a name picked out yet for your baby? If yes, what is it? We have a girl's name picked out. We have a list of boys' names with a few favorites; nothing narrowed down yet though. We don't tell our names until the baby is born, sorry!

What did you have for lunch and what will you be having for dinner? I had cheese pizza for lunch (so healthy, lol). We're making veggie lasagna tonight for dinner.

What do you and your family like to do for fun? Anything that is fun for our son. We go to the Butterfly Pavilion, the aquarium, the museum, zoo, etc.

What's your favorite vacation spot? Hmmm. Anywhere warm, sunny, with lots of beaches and water. I have been trying to talk my husband in going to Costa Rica for years. Maybe sometime this coming year, we'll make our way down there.

What is your least favorite food? I'm not super picky but I really hate yams, cotton candy, and watermelon.

What is your favorite book? I love all books but my absolute favorite from years and years ago is The Season of Passage by Christopher Pike. I also really love the Relic series by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child.

Last edited by Devan'sMama; January 12th, 2012 at 12:45 PM.
January 12th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Favorite cloth diaper for newborn? Infant? Toddler?

How did you choose Devan's name?

Are you planning hospital, birth center or home birth (I can't remember)?

January 12th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Favorite cloth diaper for newborn? Infant? Toddler? We used prefolds and covers for Devan's first 3 months. They worked out fantastically so we'll use them again for this baby. For toddler, we use everything: pockets, all-in-ones, all-in-twos, fitteds around the house. I love all of his diapers, especially his adorable fitteds.

How did you choose Devan's name? We decided on the name Devin/Devon for a boy but didn't like it spelled with an 'i' or an 'o.' We thought the 'a' looked more masculine and really liked the spelling so we went with it. We figure he's going to be asked all his life how his name is spelled anyway, since there are so many versions of Devin/Devon/Devan so we chose the letter we preferred. As for his mn Gabriel, we both loved the name but aren't really fans of the nn Gabe so we used it for Devan's mn.

Are you planning hospital, birth center or home birth (I can't remember)? Home birth.
January 12th, 2012, 01:10 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What is your favorite season of the year?

Do you prefer the pool or the ocean?

Is this your last child or will you have more?

Who does most of the cooking in your house?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 12th, 2012, 01:28 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What type of vehicle do you drive?

Where you in any extra activities in school?

Do you have any pets?

What's your favorite flower?
January 12th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Are you planning a home water birth or something else? (I delivered Vi in our bed and then I was super emotional when we got a new bed and gave the old one away )

What is your favorite fitted diaper?

Is Devan excited about baby?

January 12th, 2012, 04:32 PM
What is your favorite season of the year? Fall.

Do you prefer the pool or the ocean? Ocean.

Is this your last child or will you have more? Well, it mainly depends on how this birth goes. My birth with Devan was extremely traumatizing and it took me 2 years to be able to move past it. If this birth goes smoothly, I'd like a third but my husband is set on two so we'll see.

Who does most of the cooking in your house? I do almost all the prep (cutting veggies, getting things ready for cooking) and my husband does most of the cooking.

What type of vehicle do you drive? Saturn Ion.

Where you in any extra activities in school? I was in SO much stuff when I was in high school and college. It was ridiculous. I was a swimmer, springboard diver, cheerleader, colorguard, track runner, and in dancing and gymnastics outside of school. That was high school. I honestly don't know how my mom kept up with me. In college, I was in a sorority and I was a varsity springboard diver.

Do you have any pets? Yes, a cat and two dogs.

What's your favorite flower? I love stargazer lilies.

Last edited by Devan'sMama; January 12th, 2012 at 04:35 PM.
January 12th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Are you planning a home water birth or something else? (I delivered Vi in our bed and then I was super emotional when we got a new bed and gave the old one away) I LOVE water and I love being in it. I grew up always in the water. But when I was laboring with Devan, I wanted nothing to do with the tub or water. Weird huh? So, I don't know if I'll want to labor in a tub or not at home. We'll have a tub available in case that's what I end up wanting but I think I'm just going to go with whatever feels the best for me at the time. That's so funny about your bed.

What is your favorite fitted diaper? Brand or which one? I love Orange Diaper Company's fitted diapers. They're fabulous. We only own one though. As for print, I can't narrow enough down, lol. I love any of his with guitars, graffiti-type writing/drawings, and stars.

Is Devan excited about baby? He doesn't really "get it" yet. We haven't done a lot of explaining but hopefully at my u/s tomorrow, we'll be able to show him that there is a baby in there and maybe he'll understand? I don't know.
January 12th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What was your major in college?
Favorite subject?
What kind of music do you like?

January 12th, 2012, 06:42 PM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
what are 3 of your favorite parts of pregnancy?

3 favorite parts of being a mom?

something you enjoy doing just for fun?

January 12th, 2012, 07:07 PM
aka shawna
if you were to open your own business, what would it be?

do you prefer the city or the country?

dream vacation you want your family to go after baby is born?
January 13th, 2012, 07:48 AM
I didn't get to answering all of these last night so I'll answer the rest of them now if you want?

Here goes:

What was your major in college? Psychology.
Favorite subject? Biology.
What kind of music do you like? Alternative rock/punk.

what are 3 of your favorite parts of pregnancy? Feeling the baby move, for sure. I don't know that I'm a fan of a lot else, lol.

3 favorite parts of being a mom? I love watching my son grow and learn. I love hearing him tell me he loves me and when he gives me hugs and kisses.

something you enjoy doing just for fun? I don't have a lot of free time to do a lot just for fun, lol. I love to read though, when I have time. I also enjoy snuggling on the couch with my husband watching movies, although it doesn't happen much these days.

if you were to open your own business, what would it be? Selling cloth diapers.

do you prefer the city or the country? Suburbs.

dream vacation you want your family to go after baby is born? I'd really like to go to Costa Rica someday, Australia, or take a trip to Africa to take a safari.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search