Weird Dreams!

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Veteran
I've been having such vivid dreams my whole pregnancy so far. One of my friends has told me that this was one of her strangest pregnancy symptoms, too. I want to hear about your weirdest, craziest dreams you've been having. I'll go first:

1) About 8 weeks in, I had a dream that I was having septuplets. Woke up in a sweat at the thought!
2) A few weeks ago, I dreamed that I was under attack by zombies, but they couldn't open doorknobs so I lured them into the room I was in and then hid in the closet. My plan was to wait them out, but then I realized that I hadn't stocked the closet with food and water and I was screwed. At that realization, I woke up.
3) Last night, I had a dream where a huge lizard (think a bearded dragon, but the size of a beagle and with very sharp teeth) had bitten off the leg of a dog, but the leg had a hoof on it. Next time I looked, the lizard had turned into a very mean dog the size of a mastiff, so I went and climbed a tree that was in an outdoor classroom surrounded by my highschool chemistry classmates, and the plot changed and the dog/ lizard was no longer the focus of the dream.

I am not personally of the belief that dreams mean anything, but WOW have they been strange lately. Any good dream stories to share???
January 12th, 2012, 08:28 PM
JsBaby's Avatar Super Mommy
I've had some crazy dreams too!

One dream I had was that we lived in a big city and I left to take the kids to school and realized I left the baby home sleeping. Thankfully, my dad was doing some construction work at a house next door. I called him and asked if he could do a favor for me. I told him the baby was home sleeping and could he go check on them when he got a chance.

Another one.. I stopped by my parents house quick to run in to tell them something. I left my baby girl in the car. When I came back out to the car she was drinking pickle juice out of the jar. I felt bad because I had been meaning to breastfeed her, but just hadn't had time yet. So she got formula and now she was drinking pickle juice. (In reality, my parents live an hour away, so I can just stop by there quick and I am supposed to be expecting a boy, not a girl! lol!)

I'm hoping I will take better care of my baby when he gets here than this!
January 12th, 2012, 08:39 PM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh my goodness yes. I am just everywhere and always running running running. I wake up exhausted and feeling like I need to sleep because I had so much happen in my dreams. I usually have very vivid dreams but pregnancy makes it crazy intense. and waaay to detailed and long to explain lol we will just say cliffs, panthers, snakes, murderers, food, running, colorful tents, aliens, explosions, sex , all in all very active haha

January 12th, 2012, 09:30 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love my crazy pregnant dreams
I was just talking about this with a friend yesterday - I swear, I want to write a book about pregnancy dreams, just to write them down cause they are so crazy awesome!!
January 13th, 2012, 06:01 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My dreams don't really have any exceptional plots..they just very, very VERY vivid. I told DH that I dream in HD and 3D now, instead of just regular sleep.
Nice side of that...my sex dreams are also much more vivid..and uhh.."complete" if you catch my drift

January 13th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Kristin
Most of my dreams have someone chasing me... very vivid but I usually wake up in a panic and then I have to pee.

Another one I had last week was about giving birth - when the baby came out, one of the nurses said, "I thought this was supposed to be a girl." My DH freaked out and screamed, "It's not Brianna, it's ____ (insert our boy name)!" I passed out - which woke me up and I had to pee.
January 13th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Lisa H's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't had really weird dreams just ones that make me unsure if they were dreams or reality. Just before Christmas I dreamed that DH brought home a turkey for Christmas dinner. I was so unsure when I woke up that I had to ask him in the morning. Another time I dreamed that I had done the laundry and was startled the next day when my giant laundry pile was still there.

For the past few weeks they have all been about my students, especially one boy in particular whose mom is due in June.

The weirdest part for me is that I'm remembering my dreams. I usually wake up with no recollection of my dreams at all.
January 13th, 2012, 07:34 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I've been having horrible dreams that disturb me all day long. Mostly about the baby. I wish I could turn it off!!!!

January 13th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Last night, I was havingtwins that were being delivered at I think about 28 weeks, because of the prednisone I am on they were way too big and had to be delivered. Both were healthy although the second was born blue. It was very realistic. They were doing a c-section which is my worst fear. It was very dark in the room and almost like the office room instead of surgery. This was one of the better dreams. Usually they are horrid. Aside from being preggo, I rarely dream.

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search