Is it just me??

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2012, 07:57 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I see all these posts on FB and such about friends (and NOT friends) going out and drinking and partying it up and I am so annoyed. I think to myself, isn't there ANYTHING else in your life you can do? Is it just because I am pregnant? Am I bitter, jealous? In 2011 I drank about 5 times and 2 of those were wedding related, since I was in the bridal party. Before 2011, lol, things were different. IDK, maybe I am getting old.
February 12th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How old are you? All of my fb friends are parents or relatives. So no fun for any of us I guess I am old.
February 12th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ehh, the majority of my friends still don't have kids and/or aren't married. So, my feed is usually filled with partying posts. Doesn't usually annoy me, that's just the stage they're still in and that's fine with me. I got all my partying out in high school and college Most of them are my age (28) or just a few years older.

February 12th, 2012, 08:44 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am 31. Thing is these are MY friends, so they are MY age. They are parents, they have families. The ones that don't have families and stuff, it doesn't really annoy me. IDK, maybe I am just being a 5 letter word that rhymes with itch
February 12th, 2012, 09:18 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I'd like a drink or 5. I'm not gonna lie. I enjoy the adult time. But I have several girlfriends that are my sisters/family to me and we hang out at my house a lot (or did). I do the mommy thing all day long and I like to unwind with my girls...I just never leave the house! lol

I don't really have a ton of friends that go out still. Most of them just hang out at their homes with friends.

And I don't' know if you just mean it's because they go out or if they like to have some drinks. I know I'm a family oriented person and I take parenting very seriously, but I like some Jillian time. It's good for my mind. I have fun with or without it...but I miss having a few beers if I want them.
Jennmarie likes this.

Last edited by *Jillian*; February 12th, 2012 at 09:21 PM.
February 12th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ohhhh, I was thinking these were young friends and you had just started a family earlier then them, even though I thought you were on the older side (but not old!). Yeah that would totally annoy me! My friends should be boring homebodies like me, or they had better invite me to go out drinking
February 12th, 2012, 09:47 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My friends aren't really big partiers, even the ones without kids. I think it would bug me to see just partying posts all the time; it would seem sort of vapid. *shakes cane* Get off my lawn, you whippersnappers!

I do torture myself by following the local microbrewery on Facebook -- I admit to really looking forward to just one glass of their Hades Habenero beer....
February 13th, 2012, 04:41 AM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't blame you for getting annoyed. We are pregnant. We have permission to get annoyed at anything we want. For those "friends" on Facebook who annoy me, I started just deleting them. I don't have the space in my life for things that make me unhappy all the time

February 13th, 2012, 09:40 AM
speechteach42's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any FB friends who post about partying, but I get how it could be annoying.
February 13th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just turned 31 and it realllllllly annoys me! Don't get me wrong, I like to have a few drinks with dinner or at home & even bars on special occasions. I just see the same people going out week, after week and I think "wow, how pathetic." Especially since most of them have families at home.
February 13th, 2012, 09:49 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got all of my drinking out of my system during college so now I only drink maybe a few times each year. I'm way too old and my body can't handle it if I over drink. Seems like I'll have a hang over for days. but yes I have alot of friends mostly guys who still believe that we are in college and drink it up often. And the sad thing is some of them have kids.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 13th, 2012, 10:29 AM
So when does it become unacceptable? I mean, where does the judgment start? With people that drink or people that go out? Or both? After children is all adult entertainment over? I'm curious.

I never go out, so I'm curious if I would annoy people by saying I like to drink. I'm 33 afterall.

February 13th, 2012, 10:46 AM
therightgirl08's Avatar Super Mommy
After I turned 21 I went out a handful of times. I guess I am pretty boring. My little sister is always trying to get me to go out to get some me time. I would rather read a book. I do go out maybe once or twice a year. I dont see the need for going out all the time but occasionally is ok.

February 13th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jillian* View Post
So when does it become unacceptable? I mean, where does the judgment start? With people that drink or people that go out? Or both? After children is all adult entertainment over? I'm curious.

I never go out, so I'm curious if I would annoy people by saying I like to drink. I'm 33 afterall.
I think it's fine to drink/go out after having kids, but just not every night, you know? I rarely get the opportunity to go out, but I do enjoy alcoholic beverages at home with friends/family at times.

My friends on FB that party are the ones without kids (for the most part). One was hospitalized last week for alcohol poisoning while celebrating his 28th birthday - that too me is a bit much. And I have a lot of friends that party straight through the weekend still and post pics of them all just being totally trashed, etc. It's just a different mentality from what I have now, I guess. But again, my friends doing this don't have kids. If they had kids, then yeah I'd probably judge them for drinking that much and that often.

But I think drinking in moderation (or even getting drunk every now and then) is okay still after having kids, hitting 30, etc.

February 13th, 2012, 01:55 PM
beautyexists72's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The only time I get annoyed is a friend who has a 5 year old daughter and goes out at least 3 x a week. Makes me sad for her daughter. Or a friend who has 2 sons and she is always posting about how hungover she is. That's sad. When I wasn't pregnant and clearly had no kids, we went out every weekend. But why not then?
Now after baby, we'll probably go out once every couple to few months..

February 13th, 2012, 02:04 PM
There aren't many places to go out around here. Plus, I wouldn't want to be the oldest woman at the bar! lol That would make me feel pathetic.

I just like girl time + hubby cause he's one of us! A few drinks, some music and adult conversation. Being a SAHM is wonderful, but I don't get the interaction that I crave. A weekend here and there to be myself is great.

February 13th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am assuming its the way they say it on facebook that is annoying. I have no idea since all my friends are boring like me. And when we do "party" or go have fun, we don't really post about it on FB except to say, "had an awesome night out."
February 13th, 2012, 02:08 PM
ETA: I don't hang out with heavy drinkers. We're all mommy/professional folks. Nothing extreme like our 20's! lol

February 13th, 2012, 09:04 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like a night out now and again. But I don't brag on FB about how drunk I am either! There are some people who seem to always be talking about stuff like that and I just don't get it. I mean, not just the having fun part - people need to have fun sometimes - but yeah when you have kids and it's *all* the time and you're bragging on FB about how trashed you are.... yeah. Then I just don't understand at all.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
February 14th, 2012, 03:59 AM
dee.76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's funny you mention the drinking etc... I have a 'friend' on my facebook who is doing this 'Feb-fast' thing for charity... and in a nutshell you have to go without a drink of alcohol in February and raise money for this charity etc... You would think she has won the nobel prize about how much she brags about how 'Wow I got through the first weekend in February without a drink!!!'.... I mean SERIOUSLY????... And now... oh geez... You made it through 14 days!!!???? Thats amazing!!!.... Sigh.. I think I have hit my really 'hormonal.. and-I-get-annoyed-at-anything' stage.....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search