When are you going to start/finish your nursery?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was thinking of doing mine in the 1st/2nd wk of April. No real reason, just to give me something to look forward to, to help time go by fast. I figure if each month I have something else to focus on/look forward to, time will go by faster lol. At the same time, my son is still sleeping in the room that will be his nursery, so maybe April is too soon.

So what about you? What are your plans?

February 13th, 2012, 08:44 AM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm on DH's schedule. He is going to scrape the ceilings (popcorn), paint, trade out the doors, and put up trim. Once that is done, I can do my part

February 13th, 2012, 08:45 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
mine is functional right now with a crib, bedding, changer and dresser, but I wont be able to finish decorating it untill probably after my showers cause i had to register for the extra little accesories. I have a blog on it if you want to see what ive done/bought for inspiration
its Project Liam I just updated it last night with my mattress shopping adventures.

February 13th, 2012, 08:56 AM
aka shawna
i'm not sure. the nursery is currently a guest bedroom, and when hubby works odd hours, he goes to sleep at odd times, so its come in handy quite a bit. hopefully we will sort something out.. but no drive to do it just yet. lol... this so going to be last minute. though, i'm not too bothered, baby will be in a bassinet in my room for at least a month or so.
February 13th, 2012, 09:00 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have the painting done and some wall decals up, but no furniture or anything. We're still waffling about whether to get a crib or a second pack and play, so we're kind of procrastinating working on the nursery until we figure that out.
February 13th, 2012, 09:44 AM
speechteach42's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our room is becoming baby's room and we are moving to the guest room which is currently still full of guest room stuff. So...I'll be getting started as soon as the room is empty. Finishing...who knows?
February 13th, 2012, 09:47 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are already working on it because it always seems to take us awhile to get it done. We have the walls primed now if we can just pick out a wall color we will be doing good. We have ordered the furniture so once it's painted we will pick up the furniture and hopefully be close to being done. I like to have it done.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 13th, 2012, 09:58 AM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am waiting on DH to get all the junk out of it. Every time I try to clean it myself I get bad braxton hicks. he said he wouldf have it all out by the end of the month......I am still waiting to see him work toward that though.

February 13th, 2012, 10:36 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I'm not sure. Probably not until March or so. I have to get things bought and sell some furniture first.

February 13th, 2012, 10:45 AM
KaiyaRae'sMomma's Avatar Forever missing Kaiya Rae
Well since we are just using Kaiya's nursery it is technically done. We are going to move things around and shampoo carpets and add some personal touches for this baby. That will be this weekend, my sister is coming to help. I'm very anxious about clearing out Kaiya's things (laundry still on the floor, changing and washing the sheets and changing table pad, moving and finding a place for her memory items...) and getting out all the clothes and things for this baby. So my sister is visiting this weekend and will help me get it all set up for moral support!

Thank you Alethia for my siggy!

Read my blog: www.grievingmomma.wordpress.com
February 13th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It was painted this weekend! So exciting. I have the crib and dresser and wall decal and bedding. I just need to get some sort of rocker and the rug. DH uses the room as a home office. So I'm letting him keep his desk in there to the side until the baby is born. He works from home on the phone a few days a week.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
February 13th, 2012, 10:54 AM
therightgirl08's Avatar Super Mommy
We have it done for the most part. The crib is put together, as is the dresser and recliner. I would like to get a lamp and maybe something for the walls. I had to harrass my hubby to get his computer and other crap out of there. I wanted it done well before I was due. I work all the time and dont have energy to do it after work especially with DD and all her school stuff. I wanted to work on it on my weekends off. I have few remain as I work every other weekend. Some are filled with bridal showers and weddings.

February 13th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
No clue. Baby will room with us for first year (or more...), then move into the current guest room. I have his clothes up in the closet, but I need to take my craft stuff out of the closet and move it still, plus put in new furniture. It's painted and ready to go other than that though.

February 13th, 2012, 02:24 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
Who know! Junior will be staying in our room for the first year, or more, so his room is going to need very little. Right now, I have his dresser full of clothes in there and am going to get the letters for his name next weekend, so beyond painting the room we don't have much to do.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
February 13th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hopefully soon. DH has had so much work to do on our house that he's kind of hit a wall & hasn't been motivated to work on any of it. I need to get our butt in gear because I have done very little to prep for this baby haha.
February 13th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here are a couple of pics from today. Room is painted. Bed together. And wall decal up. DH still has his computer and desk in there since he works from home. Can't wait to have him out lol.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
February 13th, 2012, 07:14 PM
I could not ask for more.
We've started. The crib is up, the dresser/changing table is in the room. The curtains are up... We still have a lot to do - more odds and ends. I'll wait till my baby shower (March 24th) and then finished up after I get anything else I'll need. I'm hoping to have it all done by mid-April to the 1st of May.

February 14th, 2012, 02:15 AM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
Not sure I will get one

}
February 14th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Lisa H's Avatar Super Mommy
Baby's room is done except for the dresser which still needs to be painted. I had to do it over Christmas break otherwise it would not get done at all.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search