Who will be with you in L&D?

Forum: May 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Who are you having with you when you are laboring?

My hospital tour reminded me that I will be doing things A LOT differently this time and will only have DH with me until we are moved up to recovery (1-2 hours after birth). I want that time to be as peaceful as possible, and I want some alone time with DH and Cole after he arrives. With Chase, my whole family was in L&D with me up until it came time to push, and it just got to be too much. I was emotional and tired and didn't want my family to see me upset..

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
February 13th, 2012, 08:10 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I guess I'll only get to have DH since it's a c section.

My first baby I had DH and my sister. She took pics of the baby and me and the baby, and DH and the baby...then I kicked her out to nurse and be alone. I was so glad to have those pics though. Special times that feel like a blur to me!

February 13th, 2012, 08:14 PM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will have DH and maybe my mom. last time I only wanted DH in there for delivery. but my in laws were actually in the room right up till pushing... I had been unaware that would even be an option. so I just kept thinking that the nurses or someone would ask them to leave. they had come to drop off my bag and I guess decided to hang out. i didn't really mind but I was in a ton of pain and it was a little uncomfortable(especially having my FIL in there). this time I will be brave enough to ask for that not to happen.
StephL likes this.

February 13th, 2012, 08:24 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
I havent decided yet, I know my mom will be really upset if shes not in there, and I might want her there, but at the same time she could really get on my nerves in that situation, and I kind of want to be alone with DH. But I don't know I still have to think about it alot more. Ideally I can just go into labor in the middle of the night like a week early and then she will be at home 3 hours away and I can call her in the morning when he's born lol. Then I don't have to make the decision.

February 13th, 2012, 08:37 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just DH. And possibly also my daughter, depending on how fast this goes. (Our plan is to drop her off at our friend's, but last time we didn't have time for *anything*... so it's possible we may have to just rush to the hospital and call our friends to come get her!)

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
February 13th, 2012, 08:57 PM
therightgirl08's Avatar Super Mommy
DH for sure. DD really wants to be there too. We haven't found out the age limits for the hospital. We are unsure if she should be there. If its a long labor I worry that she will get bored and want to leave. So then MIL would possibly pick her up and if she comes she is the type to not leave. I know for sure I absolutely do not want her there. When my sister in law was in labor she wanted me to come and stay with her while my brother in law was out of town for a huge job interview. MIL showed up and was making stupid comments about how her contractions weren't that bad. I wasn't even in labor but was ready to slap her. I think DD wants to be there because since she was born its always been the 3 of us. We are really close and do everything together. If I leave her with MIL to watch when I go in labor I then worry that MIL will decide to leave her with FIL and show up at the hospital. I love her to pieces and she means well but she also drives me nuts. I dunno what to do about DD being there or not.

February 13th, 2012, 08:58 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our plan is just my husband and a doula (presuming we get off our butts and hire a doula).
February 13th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Not sure.

DH for sure. My best friend (she was at both Lily and Vi's births) wants to be there and I want her there. DH's sister that lives by us wants to come (she walked in when I was in labor with Lily - I was not expecting her and she took up close and personal shots and then set them to music on a DVD and gave them to everyone in DH's family. Most mortifying thing ever!) So, I kinda don't want her there, but she's the only sister without kids and I know it means a lot to her to be there.

Lily really wants to be there. Our hospital allows kids as long as there is another adult (besides the parents) to watch them. Not sure about it yet though. I kinda feel like she's needed at home with Violet, so they have each other with me being gone.

February 13th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twhylite21 View Post
Not sure.

DH for sure. My best friend (she was at both Lily and Vi's births) wants to be there and I want her there. DH's sister that lives by us wants to come (she walked in when I was in labor with Lily - I was not expecting her and she took up close and personal shots and then set them to music on a DVD and gave them to everyone in DH's family. Most mortifying thing ever!) So, I kinda don't want her there, but she's the only sister without kids and I know it means a lot to her to be there.

Lily really wants to be there. Our hospital allows kids as long as there is another adult (besides the parents) to watch them. Not sure about it yet though. I kinda feel like she's needed at home with Violet, so they have each other with me being gone.
You've got to be kidding me!! My sister was warned to take no shots of my stuff. JUST BABY! And don't even look down there!

I'm laughing cause she set it to music! Did you want to just choke her?
Jennmarie likes this.

February 13th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I wanted to die. I'm not modest, but I'm not one to flash my vag to everyone either. And especially not to my in-laws, which included 2 of DH's aunts and their spouses, my 6 SILs and their spouses and my MIL! I had made it very clear to DH that I wanted no shots of me down there, but he didn't tell her (nor did he tell me he called her when I went into labor and said she should come to the hospital )

February 13th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Scoobyrae1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Probably just DH

Thanks jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

February 13th, 2012, 09:14 PM
@Shelley:
And you know, it's not just about flashing your vag either...it's when it looks nothing like your regular looking vag and now there's pictures set to a soundtrack!!

Nice thought, but not done with your feelings in mind. If my inlaws saw my crotch I might die.

February 13th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Shelley how insane!!

With my oldest it was my mom and my son's bio dad. I remember telling my mom not to look at my crotch when he came out. She did as I said lol. I didn't mind the on call dr. I didn't know looking but not my mom. Hehe

With my youngest it was DH and my mom in the OR during my c section.

With this one I'm not sure if my mom will get to be there. We lived closer last time. So it may just be DH. Honestly I think I might just want DH alone in there. Not sure why. The boys want to miss school and be there. I really want them to feel like a big part of this. So I will have my MIL stay with them in the waiting room and bring them in once the hospital allows.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
February 13th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twhylite21 View Post
I wanted to die. I'm not modest, but I'm not one to flash my vag to everyone either. And especially not to my in-laws, which included 2 of DH's aunts and their spouses, my 6 SILs and their spouses and my MIL! I had made it very clear to DH that I wanted no shots of me down there, but he didn't tell her (nor did he tell me he called her when I went into labor and said she should come to the hospital )
Oh my gosh!!! What on earth was she thinking?!

~*~ My Blog ~*~
February 13th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It was just really weird, because it's not like DH's family is very open about things either. They're all pretty conservative, so I have no idea what they thought when they got the DVD I wanted to cry when I watched it, and not from the memories, just from the horror of the pictures I looked like crap and I'm pushing Lily out and you see everything, then you get the shot of her pooping on me as she came out and then there's my boob on display as I nurse her, etc. It's just bad.

So yeah, that's why I don't really want her at this baby's birth and why I had DH call her after I knew she was at work when I went into labor with Violet. Maybe it makes me a bad person, but there are just things I don't want everyone to see ever again.

February 13th, 2012, 09:29 PM
No way. Totally makes you normal and not bad at all.

February 13th, 2012, 09:30 PM
I don't blame you. I wouldn't want to have even a chance of that happening again!! But it makes for a funny story. Funny and hilariously embarrassing.

~*~ My Blog ~*~
February 14th, 2012, 04:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i'm having a c-section, so just dh. my dad wants to be in the waiting room b/c last time i almost died and i understand. however, i'm not sure i want any visitors right after surgery. i really don't want any visitors at all, while i'm in the hospital. however, i'll let the grandparents visit for a few short visits.

February 14th, 2012, 06:15 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
Dh will be the only one in the room. We want that time alone. I only wanted Dh at the hospital. Although I know that isn't going to happen. Dh's two sisters have been waiting for him to have a baby. There isn't going to be any stopping them coming to the hospital. They know I don't want them in the room. Dh will go get them when we are ready.
February 14th, 2012, 06:16 AM
#5 = the "Newbie"
I am thinking it will only be DH and I and then maybe my Mom can bring the kids shortly after. It all kind of depends on when I deliver.

Barbara 38
Bill 40
Lexi 17
Jeremy 12
Dylan 9
Nathan born April 23, 2012

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search